Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Can we please overhaul the Character Name system

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Can we please overhaul the Character Name system

Icebergy
03.01.2014 , 08:23 AM | #11
Simple solution is to be more creative. No one cares that you want to be the 1000th version of Ohbeonekanohbee or Hungsolow.
Mikal'B, Battlemaster and Fleet Commodore of the Republic.
<Contraband Inc> 10/10 NiM, 4/4 NiM, NMP, 7/12 NiM, HM GF, 4/5 NiM
Jedi Covenant

Halinalle
03.01.2014 , 08:35 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Transairion View Post
No more than being called Darth Chucklechops does.
You don't FP much? PvPer?

Darth Chuck Norris?
Darth Conan O'Brien?

CabelHarn
03.01.2014 , 10:13 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Icebergy View Post
Simple solution is to be more creative. No one cares that you want to be the 1000th version of Ohbeonekanohbee or Hungsolow.
Originality is not the issue. I have original names I've used for 10+ years of gaming and RP that others apparently also use that happen to get them first, or with server merges ended up getting to keep theirs because mine was an alt I hadn't gotten around to playing yet. I still have two names I've not managed to get back even with the name free-up they did in November.

Problem completely solved if they based it on our account name instead then we could have whatever names we want. I agree w/ surname not being legacy name too, not all my characters are related it'd be nice to be able to display their surnames not the legacy as a surname.
Sith N Slide Code
Peace is no fun, I like to kill things. Through killing, I gain skillz. Through skillz, I gain LAWLZ UNLIMITED POWA! Through LAWLZ UNLIMITED POWA!, I gain PWNAGE Through PWNAGE, we have a lot of laughs. The Force shall get me shiney things.

unclecid
03.01.2014 , 10:32 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Halinalle View Post
Why everyone and their mother wants name Revan? There's a simple reason why you can't use that name: Revan is already in the game.
ok i understand that there are NPCs with certain names.

but here is something to chew on....in any kind of logical world of sentient beings there will always be someone who thinks of the same crud you do.
i find it hard to believe there is only one person named Revan or Luke or Han or Greedo or whomever in the entirety of the star wars universe.

DarkAngelRiku
03.01.2014 , 10:40 AM | #15
I'm all for this as long as they hit everybody with XXXIpwnNoobsXXX or equivalent on RP servers first and force them to use normal names instead of their gamertag