Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Swtor cinematics were better than the SW movies

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Swtor cinematics were better than the SW movies

fdbgjfdhjgkjdhsg
02.28.2014 , 10:19 PM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by Apophis_ View Post
If you guys are looking for CGI Star Wars, you should watch The Clone Wars. Yeah, first seasons are wooden, but the evolution of the visuals (and script and everything) is AMAZING. For example look at this fight scene, almost as epic as SWTOR trailers: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEu_U78XFg4

And they are making new show called Star Wars Rebels (release set to Fall 2014) and I'm sure it will look even better.
I saw the trailers for rebels and the animation was ten times as worse. The animation in Star wars the clone wars season one was even better than it. So don't expect any improvement in the animation. The animation in season 5 was great, I don't know why they downgraded it.
Speak softly, and carry a big blaster.

Phrase
02.28.2014 , 11:51 PM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by fdbgjfdhjgkjdhsg View Post
I saw the trailers for rebels and the animation was ten times as worse. The animation in Star wars the clone wars season one was even better than it. So don't expect any improvement in the animation. The animation in season 5 was great, I don't know why they downgraded it.
Rebels looks like crap all around--from story to character to the Disney animation style.

Sixgun
The Bastion

fdbgjfdhjgkjdhsg
03.01.2014 , 09:09 AM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by Phrase View Post
Rebels looks like crap all around--from story to character to the Disney animation style.
Petition Lucas to buy back the franchise before they ruin it. I hate the rebels animation. The next thing we need is Jar Jar as goofy and Donald duck as darth Vader.
Speak softly, and carry a big blaster.

Fyurii
03.01.2014 , 12:37 PM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by Phrase View Post
Petition Lucas to buy back the franchise before they ruin it. I hate the rebels animation. The next thing we need is Jar Jar as goofy and Donald duck as darth Vader.
Horrible sense of deja vu here.
Virtually identical things were said of The Clone Wars, including people saying the the animation from the earlier Star Wars: Clone Wars cartoon shorts were better than The Clone Wars.
I love knee-jerk reactionary opinions.
________║≤o≥║___________
/_______TROOPER___≡≡≡≡≡≡≡╡
\_/‾‾‾‾ // ╝‾‾╚▄▄▄▄▄/‾‾‾‾‾

Elyx
03.01.2014 , 03:05 PM | #45
Quote: Originally Posted by Fyurii View Post
Horrible sense of deja vu here.
Virtually identical things were said of The Clone Wars, including people saying the the animation from the earlier Star Wars: Clone Wars cartoon shorts were better than The Clone Wars.
I love knee-jerk reactionary opinions.
Im sorta looking forward to it actually...most the vids I've seen so far are very early crude mockups from what I can tell (no facial expressions, gross unrefined movement). But they got a ton of people from the original Clone wars CGi series, so I agree with you. I was skeptic of the CW series initially...actually didn't watch it until recently on Amazon. I thought it would be your typical movie spin-off series (let's see if we can make more money off of the same movie kinda deal). But after watching even just the first 2 seasons, I feel that the CW CGi series was a real SW product..far more then the last 3 movies were.

I hope the new series continues that trend. It may not be "better" from a CGI perspective, but then again I'm not a person who believes something is trash just because it isn't better graphics. as an example, I love the cartoony style of the new wildstar game coming out, and I preferred the partial cartoon approach to SWtOR over a more realistic look. Stylized design IMO can be just as good, if not better at times, then trying to get something "realistic". so if they do good at that approach with SWR, then im game for watching them.
"I just hit 50 and finished my class storyline, but I still haven't been able to decide which AC to choose. Leveling solo as a warrior wasn't difficult, so I kept putting off the decision.
Anyone else having the same problem? "~ lagerhat - And who says warriors are broke?