Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Preview items from the new packs... ALREADY ??

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Preview items from the new packs... ALREADY ??

Gamesux
02.26.2014 , 10:26 PM | #1
Are you kidding me? This game should be renamed to Coin Wars: The Cartel Republic. Maybe release an expac and call it Rise of the Reskinned Republic.

No wonder why lots of other people in the mmo community call this game a cash grab. I want to love swtor so much more but its sad to see EAware just milking this game until its no longer profitable. Before anyone asks, profitability ≠ quality. This games quality has just been going down and down since f2p. Many armor sets from the gen 3 and 4 packs lack quality and besides the toys and emotes and some mounts there's really nothing that wows you that comes out of the CM.

Reno_Tarshil
02.26.2014 , 10:34 PM | #2
This feels like Deja Vu.
The Ragestar Legacy
[Living Legend]
"Deal with it."
http://www.swtor.com/r/kpq6FY for free stuffs

Gamesux
02.27.2014 , 09:58 AM | #4
So glad to see u guys only care about trolling the boards... as always

coldmiser
02.27.2014 , 10:20 AM | #5
If you don't like it DON'T BUY THEM!

No one is forcing any player to buy the cartel packs. It's not a requirement to play the game. Nothing stops working if you don't buy cartel packs.

So take a chill pill and play on.

TUXs
02.27.2014 , 10:42 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by coldmiser View Post
If you don't like it DON'T BUY THEM!

No one is forcing any player to buy the cartel packs. It's not a requirement to play the game. Nothing stops working if you don't buy cartel packs.

So take a chill pill and play on.
Right, he didn't say he'd be forced to buy the packs did he?

I believe his point is more like, when was the last time they updated anything like the PvP vendor items? Lightside Vendors items? Operation loot drops? FP loot drops?

They have all this amazing stuff they can pump out every few weeks, yet they can't add any of it to the GAME itself as incentive for actually PLAYING the game? THAT is what sucks so much about the CM imo...those items should eventually make their way in-game imo.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force

My referral code: here (what you get here)

CmdrShpd
02.27.2014 , 10:45 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Gamesux View Post
Are you kidding me? This game should be renamed to Coin Wars: The Cartel Republic. Maybe release an expac and call it Rise of the Reskinned Republic.

No wonder why lots of other people in the mmo community call this game a cash grab. I want to love swtor so much more but its sad to see EAware just milking this game until its no longer profitable. Before anyone asks, profitability ≠ quality. This games quality has just been going down and down since f2p. Many armor sets from the gen 3 and 4 packs lack quality and besides the toys and emotes and some mounts there's really nothing that wows you that comes out of the CM.
Au contraire. I actually like quite a few of the armor sets from the last two packs.

Also, I can't take anybody seriously who intentionally states the development company's name wrong.

Joesixxpack
02.27.2014 , 10:48 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by gamesux View Post
maybe release an expac and call it rise of the reskinned republic.
lol 45
SifuStoli Sage | Joesixxpack VG | BBQ'Ribs GS | Hawt'Sauce Guard | Dark'nStormy Scrap
ilotSufiS Mara | BBQRibs Sin | BBQSammich PT | BBQSawce MM | Dark'n'Stormy Op Med
PROPHECY OF THE FIVE

OddballEasyEight
02.27.2014 , 10:48 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Gamesux View Post
So glad to see u guys only care about trolling the boards... as always
Pot. Kettle. Black.

Slicka
02.27.2014 , 10:49 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
Right, he didn't say he'd be forced to buy the packs did he?

I believe his point is more like, when was the last time they updated anything like the PvP vendor items? Lightside Vendors items? Operation loot drops? FP loot drops?

They have all this amazing stuff they can pump out every few weeks, yet they can't add any of it to the GAME itself as incentive for actually PLAYING the game? THAT is what sucks so much about the CM imo...those items should eventually make their way in-game imo.
I agree with you, TUXs. Bad enough the CM exists imo, but the fact that playing the game doesn't get you anything different from the CM. Reskins? Who cares. I'd rather see incentivized play from rewards in order to reduce queue times. Doubt it will ever happen since the CM is a cash grab, but it really destroys the integrity of the game itself.
Server: Prophecy of the Five
16 Characters, when will it end? All advanced classes, ftw!

Youtube Playthrough Videos / Guides