Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Any tips on what companion to bring to what planet when doing the storylines?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Any tips on what companion to bring to what planet when doing the storylines?

OddballEasyEight
02.26.2014 , 01:17 AM | #1
I find that sometimes it makes a huge difference which companion you have with you when you are doing the storyline quests.
It gives you some extra dialogue sometimes.
For example I regret not bringing jaesa willsaam to Taris since you meet up with a former padawan of her former master there and I feel that she would have alot more to say in those conversations than vette did.

So I was wondering, what special dialogues do you guys know of for the different companions?
I heard that as a trooper on belsavis if you have Elara out when you come across a wounded soldier in a cutscene she gives you a medical diagnosis and a different conversation thant you would otherwise. And in another part of belsavis you can punch someone and if you have Tanno Vik out, he'll say "that the best you got" to you and punch the guy again.

I'd love to hear some more examples like this from the different classes!
Get a FREE character transfer and 7 FREE days of subscription, plus a bunch of other useful stuff by clicking my referral link.
Click here for my videos previewing blaster sounds.

Rafaman
02.26.2014 , 02:17 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by OddballEasyEight View Post
I find that sometimes it makes a huge difference which companion you have with you when you are doing the storyline quests.
For example I regret not bringing jaesa willsaam to Taris since you meet up with a former padawan of her former master there and I feel that she would have alot more to say in those conversations than vette did.

So I was wondering, what special dialogues do you guys know of for the different companions?
I heard that as a trooper on belsavis if you have Elara out when you come across a wounded soldier in a cutscene she gives you a medical diagnosis and a different conversation thant you would otherwise. And in another part of belsavis you can punch someone and if you have Tanno Vik out, he'll say "that the best you got" to you and punch the guy again.

I'd love to hear some more examples like this from the different classes!
Hmm... well it has been a while, but I know that Theran and Holiday have several of these moments. They are great because Holiday is priceless in these instances. But specifially, I can't remember where the occur. I'm leveling a Shadow at the moment and will note them when they occur.

Vanis
08.02.2015 , 08:49 AM | #3
As a rule you should bring Kira on every quest after you get her. I might just have bad luck but T7 doesnt have a lot to say, then again even if he did its not as cool as what Kira would have to say.

Edit: A quick add is that I mean bring her for Chapter One
Squadron 11-11-11

Never Forget

NUTMANIAC
08.02.2015 , 08:57 AM | #4
I just go with flow of the story...I usually bring out the most recent companion which I have got

Avrinoth
08.02.2015 , 09:08 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Vanis View Post
As a rule you should bring Kira on every quest after you get her. I might just have bad luck but T7 doesnt have a lot to say, then again even if he did its not as cool as what Kira would have to say.

Edit: A quick add is that I mean bring her for Chapter One
The only place you should lead Kira, is into her tomb, never to be seen again. Get Treek, instead. Or even HK :P well, in my opinion, anyway.
http://www.swtor.com/r/6HMxbG - This link shows I have joined the Refer-A-Friend bandwagon, which gives the clicker of the link several goods, so long as they've not already used such a link.

Kantaso
08.02.2015 , 09:13 AM | #6
To me the best thing to bring is a healer companion, unless the quest asks specifically for one of my companions. In some missions when I have to deal with a large amount of mobs I bring my tank-companion who attacks and kills like a destroyer. Really depends of your gaming style.
Seek and ye shall find
The Master
Like my Scottish grand father used to say, "hey lad may I haz yurrr stofff?"
Free stuff -----> http://www.swtor.com/r/ZptVnY

hanebuch
08.02.2015 , 09:32 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by OddballEasyEight View Post
This scene was pretty underwhelming. She says one sentence and aftter that she says nothing.

Blizz has one scene in voss at the gormak base, that was pretty funny:
Spoiler

Kaliyo asked you to steal something on Hoth.
Gault was pretty cool on Alderan.
another referral link: http://www.swtor.com/r/lNKTTC

jstankaroslo
08.02.2015 , 10:47 AM | #8
Broonmark

Spoiler

menofhorror
08.02.2015 , 10:52 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by jstankaroslo View Post
Broonmark

Spoiler
*** really? Lol that`s awesome.

OddballEasyEight
08.02.2015 , 11:02 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Kantaso View Post
To me the best thing to bring is a healer companion, unless the quest asks specifically for one of my companions. In some missions when I have to deal with a large amount of mobs I bring my tank-companion who attacks and kills like a destroyer. Really depends of your gaming style.
I think you misunderstood my question completely.
Get a FREE character transfer and 7 FREE days of subscription, plus a bunch of other useful stuff by clicking my referral link.
Click here for my videos previewing blaster sounds.