Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Bomber Drone kills should count the same as any Ship kill.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Galactic Starfighter
Bomber Drone kills should count the same as any Ship kill.

Kaivers
02.17.2014 , 05:32 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Armonddd View Post
They're counted separately from player kills, and rightfully so.
On the Battle Record under Total Kills it says "Your total kills including other players, drones and objective(s)." Only other stat category I see is "Total Objective Turrets Killed".

Am I missing something?

Zharik
02.17.2014 , 04:18 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Verain View Post
Clearly it should not count for a kill in TDM- that would be awful. Not even a fraction of a kill.
^ This.

Cause yeah I could see people flying bombers "helping" the other side win.
<Alt-a-holic's Anonymous>
President, Vice-President, Secretary, Treasurer, Member.

Suzina
02.17.2014 , 04:20 PM | #13
I disagree.

This would encourage leaving the bomber alive to continually drop drones as you follow it farming ship-req. No, that is not a good mechanic. You kill the drones because you want the ship req of the kill + the ship req of the cap. That encourages team driven play.
Member of Bane Fleet

bigbobsr
02.24.2014 , 11:16 PM | #14
A bomber gets credit for all the kills/assists it's drones do, why shouldn't the drone kills/assists count at least partially so?

Right now drone kills count for nothing in game from what I have seen. When I have been in a game where I haven't killed any players but taken out drones it shows 0 kills for me and only the assists I did against actual players. I don't think you even get any ship req points for them either. I could be mistaken.

Maybe a medal award system for drone kills as for sat defense turrets? With the appropriate nerffed points awarded.

If there is actual evidence or official BW or SWTOR site that list what targets give what points I would like to know.

Yes the points probably need to be nerffed vs ship kills. I mentioned 5 drone kills = 1 ship kill OR at least 1 ship req point per drone..........some kind of reward (again if any given please tell us where this may be verified).

I am not QQing about bombers or the pilots and such. Just want some credit of some kind for killing drones that's all. If I am totally wrong about not getting any credit I apologize, I am not to good about figuring this out.

Thanks for your comments...................bob
█||||||||()Ξ████████████████████████████████)

Zharik
02.24.2014 , 11:28 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by bigbobsr View Post
A bomber gets credit for all the kills/assists it's drones do, why shouldn't the drone kills/assists count at least partially so?

Right now drone kills count for nothing in game from what I have seen. When I have been in a game where I haven't killed any players but taken out drones it shows 0 kills for me and only the assists I did against actual players. I don't think you even get any ship req points for them either. I could be mistaken.

Maybe a medal award system for drone kills as for sat defense turrets? With the appropriate nerffed points awarded.

If there is actual evidence or official BW or SWTOR site that list what targets give what points I would like to know.

Yes the points probably need to be nerffed vs ship kills. I mentioned 5 drone kills = 1 ship kill OR at least 1 ship req point per drone..........some kind of reward (again if any given please tell us where this may be verified).

I am not QQing about bombers or the pilots and such. Just want some credit of some kind for killing drones that's all. If I am totally wrong about not getting any credit I apologize, I am not to good about figuring this out.

Thanks for your comments...................bob
This is like saying that your missile gets a kill, so avoiding a missile should count for your side, cause they wasted a missile.

Don't allow someone to help the other side, without a suicide...

DEATHICIDE
02.24.2014 , 11:53 PM | #16
I think we should get small amounts of req for drone/mine kills, but no way should anyone ever be awarded a kill on the scoreboard.
Republic Diehard-Imperial Diehard-Founder Of The Old Republic

The Most Valuable - Devastator - Fleet Admiral - Space Magnate

Zharik
02.24.2014 , 11:53 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by DEATHICIDE View Post
I think we should get small amounts of req for drone/mine kills, but no way should anyone ever be awarded a kill on the scoreboard.
You do? Counts like defensive turrets in domination. Or did I read that wrong on the earnings screen?

Zharik
02.25.2014 , 12:39 AM | #18
http://aisthesis.shivtr.com/gallery_images/679862
Drones count already for requisition earned.