Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What is the point of GSF?

Zharik
02.24.2014 , 11:31 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by TheGoju View Post
Cartel Ships are already considered "Mastered" normally you would have to fight enough to upgrade one of each component to max level to Master that ship, thus gaining the extra 10% ship/fleet req.

I do think the ships are balanced, I do think there is a steep learning curve, and i do think the point is to have a ball .

That being said ... Match-making is horrid. Newbies with basic ships going up against people with upgraded Gunships is a horror. 80% of the matches tend to be one sided. and you can only que 4 from you guild, if you qure more you may end up fighting each other, vs working as a team

Most people will watch your back automatically , as you are a team in these games, however a slew will not, they will just ignore you as you fly by with someone on you, that you cant seem to shake.

All and all its FUN, but cant be frustrating, at the same time, IF you manage to que as 2 4 man teams and end up on the asme side.. *(has happened twice for my guild) its Epic.. teamwork and Squad leaders , people moving as a squad and taking down objectives, its prolly one of my favorite parts of the game. Than again .. I might hit my head one too many times
/sarcasmon
Thanks for raising this post from the dead... the troll who started it is probably very happy.
/sarcasmoff
<Alt-a-holic's Anonymous>
President, Vice-President, Secretary, Treasurer, Member.

Britzer
02.25.2014 , 11:59 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Zharik View Post
/sarcasmon
Thanks for raising this post from the dead... the troll who started it is probably very happy.
/sarcasmoff
I'm far from being a troll.

Well I've played over 150games now on various different ships, I've gotten very use to the controls and normaly do very well in 90% of the games i play. I average over 50k damage per battle a bit less if I'm playing a scout.

I still believe that the CM ships have an advantage over normal ships due to the fact that you gain more Ship / fleet rep per battle than normal. You're unlocking that ships components 10% faster in a way.

I still feel like the older space combat games handle a lot better tho. But than again I'm sitting on 180ms ping and i don't know when I'm missing / evasion or it's due to ping. Bioware needs to put in the scrolling combat text for when your shots are evaded, it would help a lot in determining if it's me or the servers lagging or my ping. ( i can play WoW and other MMOs without my ping jumping around like a child on a trampoline, which leads me to believe that it's the ToR servers and the Wood PCs they are running on. )

Mallorik
02.25.2014 , 12:24 PM | #23
Yeah I fell for it too, when they said "off rails" space was coming I immediately assumed a space flight game. I should have known they meant the absolutely bare minimum just one step above what we had on rails.

Ravenschild
02.25.2014 , 12:31 PM | #24
Moving in circles....that sounds about right if Im guarding in my drone bomber.In my scout,not so much that lol
Never meddle in the affairs of dragons.For you are crunchy and go good with ketchup
Ravnn (Sniper) | Culainn (Commando) | Cintas (Mercenary)| Sodomos (Assassin)| No-Name (Gunslinger)| Fios (Sorcerer)| Hemr'roids (Juggernaut)
Begeren Colony