Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

2.6.1 and no bomber nerfs/fixes?!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Galactic Starfighter
2.6.1 and no bomber nerfs/fixes?!

Korithras's Avatar


Korithras
02.24.2014 , 09:55 PM | #1
Come on Bioware, the fact that their turrets are OP with their rate of fire, damage, and never missing aside, how could fixing the LoS issue NOT have been a priority to get fixed ASAP!? Are you unaware of all the exploits bombers currently employ using this bug? Or are you just trying to make people hate GSF as much as possible?

OscarDivine's Avatar


OscarDivine
02.24.2014 , 09:59 PM | #2
They did fix the missile lock on problem. I'm sure the solution isn't so simple for fixing the overly accurate turrets. It would then affect ALL turrets.

FridgeLM's Avatar


FridgeLM
02.24.2014 , 10:11 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Korithras View Post
their turrets are OP with their rate of fire, damage, and never missing
My missile drone's laser blasts do like 200 damage, have an average rate of fire, and miss all the time. The hell game are you playing?
<Death and Taxes>

Zharik's Avatar


Zharik
02.24.2014 , 11:32 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by FridgeLM View Post
My missile drone's laser blasts do like 200 damage, have an average rate of fire, and miss all the time. The hell game are you playing?
You forget that they run out of power before they could kill anything... and pause for like ... ever before firing again.
<Alt-a-holic's Anonymous>
President, Vice-President, Secretary, Treasurer, Member.

Zharik's Avatar


Zharik
02.24.2014 , 11:34 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Korithras View Post
Come on Bioware, the fact that their turrets are OP with their rate of fire, damage, and never missing aside, how could fixing the LoS issue NOT have been a priority to get fixed ASAP!? Are you unaware of all the exploits bombers currently employ using this bug? Or are you just trying to make people hate GSF as much as possible?
The LOS issue is the only valid point you make... and that is overshadowed by your overly negative tone.

/holdsoutatissue
<Alt-a-holic's Anonymous>
President, Vice-President, Secretary, Treasurer, Member.

Applejacxs's Avatar


Applejacxs
02.24.2014 , 11:40 PM | #6
am i the only here who thinks drones are far to easy to kill?

ToMyMa's Avatar


ToMyMa
02.24.2014 , 11:48 PM | #7
All I see is: crai crai bumburs OP crai crai crai

Seriously, cry a little more.

/qq
Elite Warlord Tanvir
Techfreak
Return of Yavin
Tomb of Freedon Nadd

Zharik's Avatar


Zharik
02.25.2014 , 12:02 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Applejacxs View Post
am i the only here who thinks drones are far to easy to kill?
They feel about right to me... 1-2 seconds depending on range/build etc. but you are forced to actually fly at them for a bit if you want to down them. On the flip side, the bomber who places them intelligently will prosper without them being to hard to down.
<Alt-a-holic's Anonymous>
President, Vice-President, Secretary, Treasurer, Member.

HKtheindomitable's Avatar


HKtheindomitable
02.25.2014 , 12:40 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by ToMyMa View Post
All I see is: crai crai bumburs OP crai crai crai

Seriously, cry a little more.

/qq
Reminder: Rude conduct is against forum rules.


Statement: I saw that they were supposed to have made it so that you could break the missile drone lock-on. I can confirm it doesn't.

Addendum: Another thing that would go a long way, is make it so that bombers can't turn the satellites into an impenetrable fortress by limiting how many of each drone type can be around each satellite.

Indisputable Statement: Notice that I did not say to limit mines. Only drones.

Contemplative: Maybe I'm wrong and I've just been unfortunate and been queued with meatbags who are uncoordinated and don't know how to deal with that kind of thing.

Statement: But I do say there needs to be a limit from both perspectives. It's no fun trying to break a satellite that's been turned into a fortress. But at the same time, it's no fun defending those satellites because it's an easy victory. And that's no fun.
PAX REPUBLICA
SWTOR Thread Guild Website
Casual PVP with Hardcore Determination
Prophecy of the Five | Justicar | International Guild

Zharik's Avatar


Zharik
02.25.2014 , 01:41 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by HKtheindomitable View Post
Reminder: Rude conduct is against forum rules.


Statement: I saw that they were supposed to have made it so that you could break the missile drone lock-on. I can confirm it doesn't.

Addendum: Another thing that would go a long way, is make it so that bombers can't turn the satellites into an impenetrable fortress by limiting how many of each drone type can be around each satellite.

Indisputable Statement: Notice that I did not say to limit mines. Only drones.

Contemplative: Maybe I'm wrong and I've just been unfortunate and been queued with meatbags who are uncoordinated and don't know how to deal with that kind of thing.

Statement: But I do say there needs to be a limit from both perspectives. It's no fun trying to break a satellite that's been turned into a fortress. But at the same time, it's no fun defending those satellites because it's an easy victory. And that's no fun.
If a satellite has THAT many mines/drones around it, use a:
1. Type 1 Gunship with tier 4 ion cannon, you're also almost guaranteed damage MVP.
2. EMP Missiles from a type 2 strike fighter. They are actually quite effective vs stationary targets due to their AOE. Target something that cannot break the lock (mine/drone/turret) and use cover to fire at the target if available (asteroid/mining platform/etc).
3. EMP Pulse from a type 1 scout. This requires a little more finesse to use as you are in a very vulnerable position when flying in. Pop distortion field if you have it!
4. Group of 2-4 people to attack. Do NOT attack alone unless you are the diversion...

You should have one of these ships available to you at all times (one of the five that you take into battle). Also note that these are 3 different ship types (a gunship, strike and a scout).

Remember that AOE beats tightly clumped defenses...
<Alt-a-holic's Anonymous>
President, Vice-President, Secretary, Treasurer, Member.