Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Strike on the capital ships: Double edged sword?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Galactic Starfighter
Strike on the capital ships: Double edged sword?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

DEATHICIDE
02.24.2014 , 03:07 PM | #1
"Due to a strike organized by the Capital Ship Defense Operators, the Capital Ships in Galactic Starfighter’s Team Deathmatch mode will no longer fire at opposing players."

This will axe the non-contributors, it will stop newbies from flying into certain death, and will stop victory camping, but won't this also be opening the gates for spawn camping?

Let's hope the operators are striking for a new system, and not higher pay.
Republic Diehard-Imperial Diehard-Founder Of The Old Republic

The Most Valuable - Devastator - Fleet Admiral - Space Magnate

Jandi
02.24.2014 , 03:24 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by DEATHICIDE View Post
"Due to a strike organized by the Capital Ship Defense Operators, the Capital Ships in Galactic Starfighter’s Team Deathmatch mode will no longer fire at opposing players."

This will axe the non-contributors, it will stop newbies from flying into certain death, and will stop victory camping, but won't this also be opening the gates for spawn camping?

Let's hope the operators are striking for a new system, and not higher pay.
If you're being spawn campedm, you're already losing the match. Prologing it achieves nothing and opens up ways to blatantly abuse the cap ships as we've seen happen on a regular basis.

Time to go out and actually fight with those gunships scrubs. Cannot wait.
Those that demand respect deserve only pity.

ChrisSchmidt
02.24.2014 , 03:36 PM | #3 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
I just wanted to add that a third spawn point has also been added for each team in Team Deathmatch mode.

Zharik
02.24.2014 , 03:53 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by ChrisSchmidt View Post
I just wanted to add that a third spawn point has also been added for each team in Team Deathmatch mode.
Personally I think spawning in an exhaustion zone with 10-15 seconds (or so) of exhaustion zone immunity would do it.

But I appreciate the attempt at reducing the amount of chickens who are getting the NPCs to fight FOR them.
<Alt-a-holic's Anonymous>
President, Vice-President, Secretary, Treasurer, Member.

TUXs
02.24.2014 , 04:28 PM | #5
Nicely done Chris!
All warfare is based on deception. Attack him where he is unprepared, appear where you are not expected. If his forces are united, separate them. If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near. A leader leads by example not by force.

Sadishist
02.24.2014 , 04:32 PM | #6
How about we actually be able to destroy the capital ships? Would be more fun than just making them not shooting.
A fearful enemy is at his most dangerous.

The Fallen Lords of The Bastion
Juggernaut: Sadishist Sorcerer: Drellion

Applejacxs
02.24.2014 , 04:50 PM | #7
This move does seem to favor premades. Did you guys take into account pugs in your decision on this?

Nocher
02.24.2014 , 05:06 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Applejacxs View Post
This move does seem to favor premades. Did you guys take into account pugs in your decision on this?
Sir, every game, in all of history, and in all of the future, will favor premades. Working together is what made humanity the best invasive species on the planet. Don't fight your instincts, play nice with others.
Band-Aid
That guy on the Bastion with only a Nova Dive

Applejacxs
02.24.2014 , 05:21 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Nocher View Post
Sir, every game, in all of history, and in all of the future, will favor premades. Working together is what made humanity the best invasive species on the planet. Don't fight your instincts, play nice with others.
You assume to much my good man. I could care less about you being a premade. I moslty pug cause its all i have time for to be honest. And lets be honest there is a VAST gap between pugs and premades. And if everything done for gsf just over favors premade team. I can promis you this gsf will always stay the giant meh that the majority population thinks of it. And that sucks thinking about it.

Maybe you guys(and bioware it seems) don't want to believe people would walk into a wall of gunships and use the other spawns. But i see it almost daily now.....

Nocher
02.24.2014 , 06:44 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Applejacxs View Post
You assume to much my good man. I could care less about you being a premade. I moslty pug cause its all i have time for to be honest. And lets be honest there is a VAST gap between pugs and premades. And if everything done for gsf just over favors premade team. I can promis you this gsf will always stay the giant meh that the majority population thinks of it. And that sucks thinking about it.

Maybe you guys(and bioware it seems) don't want to believe people would walk into a wall of gunships and use the other spawns. But i see it almost daily now.....
My apologies, I don't mean to say that these policies don't make it harder on the losing team, they do. I'm just a bit perturbed by the community here treating pre-mades like they haven't been around for millennia.

Also, all this policy seems to do is favor the winning team. This is going to be a premade most of the time, but it's you folk who are saying premades will always win. That's bad for morale and probably a decent reason why pugs don't do as well as premades.

(Also, most of the time, I solo que, on the side of my server with the worse players, but I've yet to be personally camped because... well there are already two spawns, yes? [also, a starting barrel roll does wonders for breaking walls])
Band-Aid
That guy on the Bastion with only a Nova Dive