Republic NPC Lore Week

CourtneyWoods

Good morning (and good afternoon for my European friends)!

We are back with another week of Lore Facts - this time we are focusing on NPCs you will either encounter or hear about while playing the Republic Classes in SWTOR.

General Garza’s first husband was SIS agent, Marcus Trant. Together, Trant and Garza freed the planet Bomodon from the Empire.

Good morning (and good afternoon for my European friends)!

We are back with another week of Lore Facts - this time we are focusing on NPCs you will either encounter or hear about while playing the Republic Classes in SWTOR.

General Garza’s first husband was SIS agent, Marcus Trant. Together, Trant and Garza freed the planet Bomodon from the Empire.

Sounds like Garza's had some adventures of her own! :D

(And good morning, Courtney!)

Edited by Callaron

Tuesday Lore Fact ahoy!

A true pacifist, Master Tol Braga has tried to have diplomatic talks with Lord Zash & even the Emperor himself.

Damn, that must have been an awkward conversation. Any chance for a transcript of that negotiation? Most classes don't even know what the Emperor looks like, let alone what talking to him is like.

Warning: Contains spoilers from Jedi Knight Chapter 3:

I find this to be interesting. Judging by what happens to him on Corellia (or rather, what you discover there) it's almost like he was too powerful for his own good. Most Jedi would attack a Sith on sight at this point, (during the time of Zash and The Emperor), as if to prove themselves. Yadira Ban in the Black Talon flashpoint also implies that Jedi must prove themselves against Sith. I find this to be true of people too, especially when it comes to MMOs and games in general (and probably everything else too). There appear to be three 'stages'. Stage one, when the person is new, inexperienced or unskilled and knows it. Stage two, they grow in confidence and in skill (and gear, in games like this) and seek out challenges to prove their worth. The third stage can be seen in those who are truly at the pinnacle of their potential. Top PvPers, Top PvEers, NPCs such as The Emperor and Satele Shan, etc. This is where Tol Braga appears to be too. He has never been defeated, as the story says, and thus has such supreme confidence that he would rather talk to a Sith than meet head-on with lightsabers. This led to his fall in Chapter 3 of the Knight storyline when his confidence became pride.

Tuesday Lore Fact ahoy!

A true pacifist, Master Tol Braga has tried to have diplomatic talks with Lord Zash & even the Emperor himself.

Pah! Sounds like typical corporate 'white washing' to me... Yes, we attempted peaceful negotiations by contacting a over-ambitious Lord with zero actual influence on the Dark Council, as well as the Emperor himself.

:p

Good morning everyone!

Here is your Lore Fact of the Day!

Coruscant’s number one information broker, Darmas Pollaran, completely erased all records of his past.

Hi,

Is it really so hard to translate these Lore posts in other languages for, example german?

Hi,

Is it really so hard to translate these Lore posts in other languages for, example german?

Hi Obi-Timmey,

I actually do have these translated in French and German - I post them on our French and German Twitter accounts. When I did Lore posts around the Rakghoul event, we didn't receive much interaction from them so I didn't want to spam their DevTracker with posts that I cannot respond to (since I cannot speak French or German). That being said, I can certainly start posting them in the French and German forums!

Hi Obi-Timmey,

I actually do have these translated in French and German - I post them on our French and German Twitter accounts. When I did Lore posts around the Rakghoul event, we didn't receive much interaction from them so I didn't want to spam their DevTracker with posts that I cannot respond to (since I cannot speak French or German). That being said, I can certainly start posting them in the French and German forums!

I am from Germany, so i can tell you some Facts, why you propably get no interaction: Most of the german community staff has been fired by Bioware. Have a look at the threads in the customer Support or bug Report sections. No reactions by any offical staff member (yellow Posts) can be recognized. The german community has been abandoned by bioware.

If you whish more interaction with the german community tell your Boss or other authorities to reactivate the Support in the Forum and bring it up to an acceptable Level.

Edited by Oeconomicus

Hey everyone!

Sorry I was out Friday and Monday travelling for our Atlanta Cantina Tour. Here is the last installment of the Republic NPC Lore facts of the day!

Master Orgus Din is known as “the Plain Jedi” because of his preference for simple robes and meeting conflict head on.