Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Upgraded Distortion Field Not Breaking Missile Lock

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Galactic Starfighter
Upgraded Distortion Field Not Breaking Missile Lock

Korithras
02.23.2014 , 08:29 PM | #1
Just like the title says, I have it fully upgraded, it's not working as advertised. Fix it.

Zoom_VI
02.23.2014 , 08:32 PM | #2
hmm I have fully upgraded Dfield and it breaks locks just fine. Are you eating clusters through it?
Crinn
Trooper Hunter

Vanguard | Commando | Powertech | Mercenary
Quote: Originally Posted by Aves
Everything is fine, calm your Crinns

Armonddd
02.23.2014 , 08:36 PM | #3
The last time this came up, I went to all the effort of making a video to prove it was working right. I'm not doing that again, but I still haven't noticed any issues at all ever.
Space Ace of <Death Squadron>, <Black Squadron>, <Eclipse Squadron>, and <solo da>

Korithras
02.23.2014 , 08:39 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Zoom_VI View Post
hmm I have fully upgraded Dfield and it breaks locks just fine. Are you eating clusters through it?
I was being pursued, barrel roll was on cooldown and I heard the alert I was going to be locked up, popped distortion field, and it didn't break.

DEATHICIDE
02.23.2014 , 10:23 PM | #5
The thing is, it breaks "missile locks", it does NOT "evade missiles".

Could this be the oversight?
(If not, then don't forget to pop it a touch early to counter lag when you try it next time, engine abilities bridge this gap, but the lag can and does muck with those last second D-field lock breaks)
Republic Diehard-Imperial Diehard-Founder Of The Old Republic

The Most Valuable - Devastator - Fleet Admiral - Space Magnate

Armonddd
02.23.2014 , 10:41 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by DEATHICIDE View Post
The thing is, it breaks "missile locks", it does NOT "evade missiles".

Could this be the oversight?
What? Breaking missile locks and evading missiles mean the same thing in this game. You break the lock, boom, missile doesn't hit you.
Space Ace of <Death Squadron>, <Black Squadron>, <Eclipse Squadron>, and <solo da>

SlimsPicken
02.23.2014 , 10:44 PM | #7
I believe there is an issue right now with drone missiles going through missile breaks
For every man there is a sentence, a string of words, which has the power to destroy him.

Verain
02.23.2014 , 10:53 PM | #8
It works just like the other stuff, except being instant instead of several seconds long.

> It DOES break missile locks. All of them.
> It DOES cancel missiles in flight. All of them. The animation still plays.
> It does NOT behave any differently with the confirmed bugged missile sentry drones, which sometimes to always ignore missile locks.
> It does NOT behave any differently with the possibly bugged double volley clusters, whose second volley is not broken by the same mechanic that breaks the first, once the missiles are in flight.

okiobe
02.23.2014 , 11:35 PM | #9
It is working. Like someone previously said, maybe lag made it so the missile hit you before you popped it. I have even broken locks from seeker mines and drone missiles with it. I'll also point out that it only breaks the lock. It doesn't provide you with a few seconds of lock immunity like the engine ability does. This means you could click it and a split second later they could be locking on you again.
The HarbingerThe First Order
Okiobe 55 Commando Mirque 55 Operative
The Ebon Hawk - Mujo
www.twitch.tv/okiobe

Yndras
02.24.2014 , 04:28 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Korithras View Post
Just like the title says, I have it fully upgraded, it's not working as advertised. Fix it.
It doesn't break a lock, it stops you from getting locked on.
Layda, Sentinel - Hoarus, Scoundrel
Bandeeto, Mercenary