Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Temporary Cartel Market Charecter Bind, Whats It's Purpose?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Temporary Cartel Market Charecter Bind, Whats It's Purpose?

Rusah
02.23.2014 , 10:00 AM | #1
So i don't use my monthly coins much really i am not interested in cosmetic stuff only practical stuff, most of which i have unlocked, or can be unlocked for less coins by selling cartel packs and using the credits to buy the unlock from the gtn.

For example first rocket boost 400cc, two wingman packs 240cc, sell both for approx 600 to 700k credits, buy first rocket boost for approx 400k. Doing it that way i spend 160 less cc and get some credits on top of that.

So i buy 4 of the wingmans starfighter packs at 120cc each to field test my theory mentioned above. When i get them i find i cannot sell them for 36 hours. So i have to wait until 4am on Tuesday just to be able to sell them.

My question is why, what purpose does this serve. BW must have a reason but i just cannot see what the point is in making me wait to sell these.

Side note this is not a thread complaining about this, either way i will get to sell them and i will get my credits from the gtn, i am just wanting to understand the logic behind putting this limit on.

DarthDymond
02.23.2014 , 10:07 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Rusah View Post
My question is why, what purpose does this serve. BW must have a reason but i just cannot see what the point is in making me wait to sell these.[...] i am just wanting to understand the logic behind putting this limit on.
So that if someone hacked your account or stole your Credit Card info to buy coins, BioWare has a window of opportunity to reverse the transactions (and remove the fraudulently purchased items) before they "escape" out into the game's economy.

If there was no temporary lock-out on trading, Cartel Coins could be turned into credits and those credits sent on to other accounts far quicker than a victim of fraud would be able to put a stop-payment on the charge. BioWare would have a hell of a time tracking down the in-game money trail to try to put things right.
Given the choice whether to rule a corrupt and failing empire or to challenge the fates for another throw, a better throw, against one's destiny, what was a king to do?
But does one ever truly have a choice? One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate, and thus defy the tyrannous stars.
~Kain

Rusah
02.23.2014 , 10:10 AM | #3
Thanx for your response. Didn't think of that. Makes sense and is good that they have measures to protect customers against fraud. I was looking from the game play side of things, didn't think it could be a transaction based precaution.