Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Someone please explain this BS?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Galactic Starfighter
Someone please explain this BS?

OscarDivine
02.22.2014 , 07:31 PM | #11
Whatever you do just don't claim hacking ok?

Armonddd
02.22.2014 , 07:41 PM | #12
My guess is there was another ship involved that you just didn't notice. No weapon has the damage per shot for this kind of feat except burst cannons, slug railguns, or some of the missiles, and strikes don't get access to either of those lasers.
Space Ace of <Death Squadron>, <Black Squadron>, <Eclipse Squadron>, and <solo da>

zaskar
02.22.2014 , 07:47 PM | #13
The damage boost + concentrated fire + fully upgraded heavies or burst? Dead in two shots no problem. I have seen my heavies hit for 2380 as described. Also, you can fire missiles and shoot lasers at the same time. I will hold off a laser shot until I've got tone and then fire both.

He may have been in a quell and use the barrel roll proton launch plus lasers, with a damage boost and conc fire criting I doubt a bomber could survive that.

With all that said, it's not as rare as you think for this to happen.
IMPS -- Ryagrs / Zaskar / Evae / Kira'sa / Phrik / Xiok / Ge'tal / Imperius

PUBS -- Zarrk / Hylo / Zavul / Talvii / Yadira-ban / Yaggi / Zibdu / Kavod

leehambly
02.22.2014 , 07:48 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Armonddd View Post
My guess is there was another ship involved that you just didn't notice. No weapon has the damage per shot for this kind of feat except burst cannons, slug railguns, or some of the missiles, and strikes don't get access to either of those lasers.
Based on the most obvious answer being the reason, my money would still be on overcharge. the guy may have gotten lucky.. during respawn, which isn't instant, he could have spotted another - it does happen.

Coldcrush
02.22.2014 , 09:08 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by OscarDivine View Post
Whatever you do just don't claim hacking ok?
Pretty sure this is exactly what he is implying, but as with most cases it is simply being unaware of game mechanics. That or this person who attacked him was a witch.
Graventhel Knightstalker - The Bastion
<Swift and Absolute>
Test Pilot Skydive - The Bastion
<Gentlemen Gankers>

leehambly
02.22.2014 , 09:30 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Coldcrush View Post
Pretty sure this is exactly what he is implying, but as with most cases it is simply being unaware of game mechanics. That or this person who attacked him was a witch.
Agreed, barring having any combat logs, there's only one person who knows what actually occurred and they aint here and even they might not be fully aware of it. In the heat of battle, when being camped all manner of thoughts are rushing through your head... it could be, like I often do, the F3 button was hit during the respawn hyperspace and hence shields were already lower than default. Who knows.

raptorxxus
02.22.2014 , 10:52 PM | #17
Maybe he killed you so fast because you are a baddie flying an non-upgraded ship.

Instead of posting on the forums, try upgrading your shields.

Quote: Originally Posted by Xianyu View Post
I went into a match, on my new republic character. I'm using an unmodified strike fighter. Everything is regular.

There was an imperial pilot in a deathmatch that was consistently two-shotting me. I'm not talking about missile/missile combos. I'm talking about head-on dog-fight, he hit me with exactly two shots from his laser cannons and destroyed my ship instantly.

Is this even possible in Starfighter?

Obviously, he ended the game with 18 kills.

Nothing about this feels legit to me.
<YES> / <Textbook Execution> - The Harbinger
Yssane, Deposer of the Dread Masters
Yssanepartdeux, Conqueror of the Dread Fortress
Yssanethethird, Deposer of the Dread Masters

Zharik
02.22.2014 , 11:51 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Armonddd View Post
A brand new, completely stock strike fighter has 1440 shields and 1450 hull. Burst cannons at point blank range do upwards of 1000 damage per shot. If you're getting two shot, you're probably also eating a cluster in that timeframe, which is another 882 damage.

GSF is fast paced. Lots of kills are made in a second and a half (generously). Don't give your opponents that big a window of opportunity unless you're 100% positive you can get the kill first.
Don't forget that hitting F1 weakens your shields... I think that they made it +20% damage (down from +30%) and -10% from engine speed and shields, so there is 144 shields gone before he even got shot.
<Alt-a-holic's Anonymous>
President, Vice-President, Secretary, Treasurer, Member.

SwiftDuck
02.25.2014 , 03:04 AM | #19
Stop flying in straight lines. Don't make yourself an easy target and you wont get two shotted. Also, yes strikes can two shot with the right load outs.

Armonddd
02.25.2014 , 04:34 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by SwiftDuck View Post
Stop flying in straight lines. Don't make yourself an easy target and you wont get two shotted. Also, yes strikes can two shot with the right load outs.
I'm sorry, with what?

Concs and torps don't count, because OP would have noticed that. Like I said earlier, literally nothing else does enough damage per shot to come close to two-shotting anything without damage overcharge.
Space Ace of <Death Squadron>, <Black Squadron>, <Eclipse Squadron>, and <solo da>