Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Ok this non crontubuting debuff needs to be fixed asap

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Galactic Starfighter
Ok this non crontubuting debuff needs to be fixed asap

Ravenschild
02.22.2014 , 04:27 PM | #1
I've had 8 kills 12 assists 42k damage and gotten hit with a 72% debuff on reqs as well as 5 kills 12 assists (we had multiple gunships on our side) and got hit with a 92% debuff just now. This is beyond ridiculous. This happens with both Gunships and Bombers. Drones are contributing (heals and damage),mines (our secondary weapon) is contributing. I posted on this on 2/11 in the suggestion area (as was suggested to me when I mailed in) with no response. Now I am posting it here. If this debuff somehow happened with flashpoints and operations an emergency patch would have been rolled out as fast as possible.
If you get hurt,hurt them back.If you get killed,walk it off
Ravnn (Sniper) | Culainn (Commando) | Cintas (Mercenary)| Sodomos (Assassin)| No-Name (Gunslinger)| Fios (Sorcerer)| Hemr'roids (Juggernaut)
Begeren Colony

Kane_Ren
02.22.2014 , 04:45 PM | #2
yeah, annoying as hell. Today my minelayer got 21 assists and 3 kills in a match, held sat A for at least silver and got an achievement (I can't recall which) all this got me 300(ish) ship req and a handful of fleet. All I saw was the "you are not contributing" bull****. CS has given me silence as usual. No dev seems to want to answer either
The problem with droid jesus is that he jumps around too much, you'd think he'd be a lot easier to nail down.

Slivovidze
02.22.2014 , 05:14 PM | #3
Half of me is happy to see that there is something makng bomber pilots' lifes less enjoyable.

The second half though knows that it is indeed unfair and should be fixed, because an afk protection that punishes active players isn't really a well working afk protection.

Kane_Ren
02.22.2014 , 05:31 PM | #4
There is frustration for all ship types in game, so it shouldn't just be about bombers. Playing a great match where you do a great job, is spoilt by the text buffer giving you, what I'm going to call a punch in the face. Followed by the scorecard with you near the top and the pitiful req score being the kick in the teeth to make you feel like you've wasted your time. Being called a liar by BW doesn't make for a good long term experience.
For the last time - We ARE contributing.
The problem with droid jesus is that he jumps around too much, you'd think he'd be a lot easier to nail down.

zaskar
02.22.2014 , 06:17 PM | #5
If you're in a bomber and you're guarding a sat and you get this message it means you're too far away. Simple as that. Get closer to the sat and you won't have this issue. I make sure I don't leave the sphere even when I'm killing sat attackers. Best way to figure it out is the light streams, once they start to fade you've gone too far up or down. You have to use your head to figure out the other axis.
IMPS -- Ryagrs / Zaskar / Evae / Kira'sa / Phrik / Xiok / Ge'tal / Imperius

PUBS -- Zaharr / Hylo / Zavul / Talvii / Yadira-ban / Yaggi / Zibdu / Kavod

Kane_Ren
02.22.2014 , 06:47 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by zaskar View Post
If you're in a bomber and you're guarding a sat and you get this message it means you're too far away. Simple as that. Get closer to the sat and you won't have this issue. I make sure I don't leave the sphere even when I'm killing sat attackers. Best way to figure it out is the light streams, once they start to fade you've gone too far up or down. You have to use your head to figure out the other axis.
Sorry, that's incorrect. I'm practically touching the surface, laying mines behind vanes, LoS underneath the B sat in mesa. I still get the message in the text buffer. I make random orbits or slow circles to LoS gunships, always right next to the surface.

Kane_Ren
02.22.2014 , 06:51 PM | #7
I can get this message within 60 seconds of match starting. My only counters are a lucky laser shot against a scout that beats me to a sat, or the scout is stupid enough to hang around and get a seeker mine in the face. It isn't in my nature to kill myself against an obstacle to get rid of the message, especially since I always use beacons and of course all my mines will go too.

zaskar
02.22.2014 , 06:52 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Kane_Ren View Post
Sorry, that's incorrect. I'm practically touching the surface, laying mines behind vanes, LoS underneath the B sat in mesa. I still get the message in the text buffer. I make random orbits or slow circles to LoS gunships, always right next to the surface.
maybe it has something to do with lag then, maybe the server and your client are not agreeing where you're at.
IMPS -- Ryagrs / Zaskar / Evae / Kira'sa / Phrik / Xiok / Ge'tal / Imperius

PUBS -- Zaharr / Hylo / Zavul / Talvii / Yadira-ban / Yaggi / Zibdu / Kavod

Pilgrim_Grey
02.22.2014 , 06:55 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by zaskar View Post
maybe it has something to do with lag then, maybe the server and your client are not agreeing where you're at.
I've gotten the "you are no longer AFK" text after I made a kill, and I was just shooting the guy for the past few seconds... the whole thing is just fubared.

Delta_V
02.22.2014 , 07:01 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Pilgrim_Grey View Post
I've gotten the "you are no longer AFK" text after I made a kill, and I was just shooting the guy for the past few seconds... the whole thing is just fubared.
I got the "you are now AFK" message less than 3 seconds after scoring a kill, and then "you are no longer AFK" when I died a few seconds later. Like you said, it's fubared.