Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

The weird people you meet in Group Finder.


mastirkal's Avatar


mastirkal
02.21.2014 , 04:56 PM | #2111
Quote: Originally Posted by morfius View Post
Why exactly you need taunt in rotation if there is no agro drop/tank swap mechanic on current boss?
You run fully 78 min maxed with set bonuses and tank is in 58/66s?
Because only big gear gap could make taunt needed ... otherwise after openers it has no place in rotation if there is no drop/swap at boss.

Pushing others over their wishes is same jerkiness as taunting from tank.
If you want challenge just form pre made and run under geared/try to solo them & so on... do not force your elitism over others.

Mobs on healer - seems that DD are even worst ... most ads/low health trash are DDs "job" by design.
But you still blame the tank (only).

With such mentality no wonder why community is falling apart.
1. Using a taunt in your rotation makes you a good tank, it would be the same thing if a marksman sniper never used follow through. Sure you could do it, but you're ****.

2. DPS should always push out as much dps as they can. Tanks should push out as much threat as they can. DPS should agro drop, tanks should taunt. What's there not to understand here? Even with a difference in gear level, half of being a good player is being situationally aware.

Quote: Originally Posted by Kingsbount View Post
Someone called me once an "elitist"...
Now THAT an Elitist.

Learn, kids... And never do things like this guy.
I take it as a sign of accomplishment. I run my occasional DP/DF 16 SMs and Flashpoints for fun. I ignore dps and healers asking for guard and usually say nothing when I dps. It's up to the tanks to decide if they'll put a guard on someone, not some dps or healer.
<Hatred>
Dragonslayer Remari the Sin Tank
*Has a spooky mask*


toha's Avatar


toha
02.21.2014 , 08:18 PM | #2112
Just... Wow...
Quote: Originally Posted by Essence_of_Light View Post
Nobody wants your scams.

And if you spent your time doing this, then you are a fool. Shoo, shoo. Get lost.

Adaliaya's Avatar


Adaliaya
02.22.2014 , 12:20 AM | #2113
About a week ago:

Cademimu HM: My 69/72 gear Sentinel, Shadowtank, Sage heals, and Gunslinger as another DPS
I get a tough that run won't be easy when I notice tank has under 20k HP. I inspect him and see he has <50 greens and no headpiece or gloves. Gunslinger either had so good gear, orange chest and boots 58 mods in these and Aim headpiece. Rest were Cunning greens.

First on Tank guards healer. She politely ask him to move guard to either me or GS. He guards this time Gunslinger and we start. First pull, no so big surprise I end up having enemies on me. Well I pop Rebuke and we move on, our excellent Sage keeps us up. We move to next group but instead of engaging tank stops and types "if Sentinel plays tank once more I'll kick her" "what?! I swear I didn't with purpose... " I type back. He answers "you have your tank stance on" and I had Juoy Form on. Sage leaves and so do I

lil_evil_rozzie's Avatar


lil_evil_rozzie
02.22.2014 , 03:45 AM | #2114
Dunno about weird but I once teamed up with a Jedi Knight called Nukk Chorris - no lie, that was rather amusing
The Progenitor - The Kusanagi legacy
- Bellarosa - Gunslinger Kabolt - Sith Marauder
'Side? I am on nobody's side. Because nobody is on my side...'

Halinalle's Avatar


Halinalle
02.22.2014 , 08:45 AM | #2115
Quote: Originally Posted by mastirkal View Post
2. DPS should always push out as much dps as they can. Tanks should push out as much threat as they can. DPS should agro drop, tanks should taunt. What's there not to understand here? Even with a difference in gear level, half of being a good player is being situationally aware.
Your primary job as DPS is to stay alive. Dead DPS is useless to any group no matter how well geared everyone else is.

Have anyone else noticed that there's currently a lot of people who select Need for everything and then doesn't even try to explain their decision?

Prototypemind's Avatar


Prototypemind
02.22.2014 , 10:48 AM | #2116
Interesting to see that a number of the people posting about "weird" groups recently are the cause of a number of issues themselves by their out of sorts play style and misunderstanding of basic abilities. A tank who doesn't use taunt in rotation is just as bad as a DPS who never uses threat drop or defensive cooldowns.

mastirkal's Avatar


mastirkal
02.22.2014 , 11:36 AM | #2117
Quote: Originally Posted by Halinalle View Post
Your primary job as DPS is to stay alive. Dead DPS is useless to any group no matter how well geared everyone else is.

Have anyone else noticed that there's currently a lot of people who select Need for everything and then doesn't even try to explain their decision?
Staying alive is part of doing the most dps that you can. Regardless, you should never hold back. That doesn't mean you shouldn't agro drop and use defensive cooldowns.

Quote: Originally Posted by Prototypemind View Post
Interesting to see that a number of the people posting about "weird" groups recently are the cause of a number of issues themselves by their out of sorts play style and misunderstanding of basic abilities. A tank who doesn't use taunt in rotation is just as bad as a DPS who never uses threat drop or defensive cooldowns.
It's more akin to a DPS not using their specs signature ability in their rotation.
<Hatred>
Dragonslayer Remari the Sin Tank
*Has a spooky mask*


toha's Avatar


toha
02.22.2014 , 11:42 AM | #2118
Just had Czerka Labs HM run with 4 Bounty Hunters, Pt tank, 2 Arsenal and my healer.
Seeing 4 Death From Above all togther almost made me cry (we were just *********** around on trash, don't get your panties in a twist over a healer using DfA)
Quote: Originally Posted by Essence_of_Light View Post
Nobody wants your scams.

And if you spent your time doing this, then you are a fool. Shoo, shoo. Get lost.

Halinalle's Avatar


Halinalle
02.22.2014 , 12:00 PM | #2119
Quote: Originally Posted by mastirkal View Post
It's more akin to a DPS not using their specs signature ability in their rotation.
It would mean less overall DPS you're putting out. Would that contradict with everything you've said?

mastirkal's Avatar


mastirkal
02.22.2014 , 12:28 PM | #2120
Quote: Originally Posted by Halinalle View Post
It would mean less overall DPS you're putting out. Would that contradict with everything you've said?
Your question makes little sense in response to what I said. He said a tank who does taunt is like a dps who doesn't agro drop and use defensive cool downs. I said it's more akin to a dps not using their signature ability in their rotation. So again, your question doesn't make sense.
<Hatred>
Dragonslayer Remari the Sin Tank
*Has a spooky mask*