Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Emote Suggestion Thread

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Darth_Krushya
02.20.2014 , 05:41 AM | #131
How about a "show off" or "weapons flash" emote where the player draws their gun(s) or light saber(s) and puts on a brief show to flaunt or brag about their skills.
"You're not evil enough. Well, It's true! You're half evil. You're quasi evil. You're the margarine of evil. You're the Diet Coke of evil. Only one calorie. Not evil enough."
Dr. Evil to his son Scott.

Lexandrous
02.20.2014 , 11:39 PM | #132
got 2 ideas.

First of all Russian traditional dancing
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBqlfKtqTgc
watch from 0:08 to 0:50

second and far better idea is The Thriller Dance
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sOnqjkJTMaA

Watch from 8:29 to 10:38

But for it to work you need to have a Swtor twist on it.
That is for Rakghoul to be summoned and dance along side your character.

Please put enough of the dance in the emote and not just the iconic arm movements that most people remember from 09:00 to 09:12.

Points to defend second idea are as follows.

Rakghoul have the potential to use the Force, be trained by force users and a doctor (like with Kaon under seige).
not just use force techniques but weapons, strategise and so on, Thus could also be taught this dance move.

Your staff showed they can pull something like this off.
With the Party Bombs and Disco Ball emotes.

The Rakghoul will need to be roughly the same height and size as the character.
The overgrown ones like the Rakghoul Behemoth and ones from Rakghoul resurgence wont work.

To give Bioware an idea on if people will go for it.
Please say Seconded Thriller Dance emote in your post.
__________________________________________________ _____________

Few are left to extinguish the Light. That threatens to purge us all.

halosavior
02.22.2014 , 12:15 PM | #133
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Krushya View Post
How about a "show off" or "weapons flash" emote where the player draws their gun(s) or light saber(s) and puts on a brief show to flaunt or brag about their skills.
/flourish is what you're looking for, unless you mean something similar, but obviously different? In which case, I'm all for it, but I'd prefer BioWare fix the issue with the drawn weapon after the emote first; it's still glitchy.

--

Some sort of /cover or /takecover emotes, where a player takes a crouching position would nice for RP purposes. I'm sure Troopers/Mercenaries, especially, are rather envious of Smugglers/Agents being able to inherently take cover.

/lightsaber, /doublesaber, /rifle, /pistol, /sniper to spawn a generic-looking weapon in a certain pose would be cool for RPers who would like to be holding/using a weapon that's impossible for their class/advanced class.

And to keep the pressure on, a /die or /laydown would be equally awesome.
The Ebon Hawk
Vivek
The Seventh Virtue, PvE-RP
EH Community, Server community website featuring weekly RP scenes.

terzappi
03.04.2014 , 10:09 AM | #134
Akhen - Sage Healer Neferneferuaten - Trooper Healer
Smenkhara - Scoundrel Healer Amenophis - Guardian false tank

From 14/12/2011 to 09/03/2014. Waiting for real contents.

Xakthul
03.04.2014 , 05:55 PM | #135
/cheadlock

(companion headlock...)
Duelist Mixalot, Grand Champ Tellsa, Lord Saml, Apprentice Syynx, Captain Cirris, Skirmisher Janewei, Jedi Knight Jugger'not, Agent Ez'zio of <Wookies and Cream>, Harbinger
"Aim for the trolls! Kill the trolls!"- Gandalf

Darth_Krushya
03.04.2014 , 10:09 PM | #136
Quote: Originally Posted by halosavior View Post
/flourish is what you're looking for, unless you mean something similar, but obviously different? In which case, I'm all for it, but I'd prefer BioWare fix the issue with the drawn weapon after the emote first; it's still glitchy.

--

Some sort of /cover or /takecover emotes, where a player takes a crouching position would nice for RP purposes. I'm sure Troopers/Mercenaries, especially, are rather envious of Smugglers/Agents being able to inherently take cover.

/lightsaber, /doublesaber, /rifle, /pistol, /sniper to spawn a generic-looking weapon in a certain pose would be cool for RPers who would like to be holding/using a weapon that's impossible for their class/advanced class.

And to keep the pressure on, a /die or /laydown would be equally awesome.
Okay yeah! None of my alts has "Flourish," so that's probably what I'm looking for. I'm sorry that it's glitched and I hope they fix it. Thank for correcting me.
"You're not evil enough. Well, It's true! You're half evil. You're quasi evil. You're the margarine of evil. You're the Diet Coke of evil. Only one calorie. Not evil enough."
Dr. Evil to his son Scott.

Darth-Rion
03.12.2014 , 10:12 PM | #137
/wall lean. Probably already suggested but I figure why not throw it out there again anyway.

What I propose is that if you feel awkward about us just leaning against the air if we do not position ourselves against something, then have a pole appear, or maybe a small hovering wall float down for us to lean against. Something to lean on when not near walls or such, but also something small enough to disappear if we do use the emote against a wall / crate / ship etc.
Much like the chair emotes, they can easily be integrated into most other chairs either by matching them or simply covering them completely (stools for example).
CE VIP Member.

LTCeacer
03.24.2014 , 02:52 PM | #138
I Don't really want new Emotes Added save maybe for something like /Lie down and it would be Awesome if Emotes Like Kiss,Sleep got their Own animations....

AlrikFassbauer
03.25.2014 , 05:35 AM | #139
"Sleep" is something I want !

And, since we already have camping, why not a tent as well ? The drawback would be that it should have an anoimation of constructing and deconstruction the tent as well ...
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction. (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Xakthul
03.25.2014 , 05:44 PM | #140
Quote: Originally Posted by AlrikFassbauer View Post
why not a tent as well ?
rofl... Now I'll spawncamp in a tent!
Duelist Mixalot, Grand Champ Tellsa, Lord Saml, Apprentice Syynx, Captain Cirris, Skirmisher Janewei, Jedi Knight Jugger'not, Agent Ez'zio of <Wookies and Cream>, Harbinger
"Aim for the trolls! Kill the trolls!"- Gandalf