Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Game Update 2.7 Scoundrel Changes

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Smuggler > Scoundrel
Game Update 2.7 Scoundrel Changes
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Cordorian
02.20.2014 , 07:50 AM | #141
I would have actually been fine with the removal of the knowdown if they gave us something usefull. The root is basically useless because the best counter every class has to is still avaible... CC of anyform inparticular knockbacks and roots or hard stuns. These change the tide after opening immediatly and being rooted doesnt stop anybody from ccing us.
If people really disliked the knockdown that much, why not grants a few seconds of cc immunity after opening with shootfirst. It is similar mechanics to vengeance, we wouldnt be immediately counter out of our opening, and nobody can complain about being stunlock anymore. But root from all i can imagine so far, is more or less useless and a heavy nerf compared to the knockdown.

Technohic
02.20.2014 , 10:16 AM | #142
LOL at the schedule for the class reps. Basically, estimating 2.7 to go live sometime in mid-late march it reads to me like "Hey scoundrels and operatives. Let us gut you. We will look to hear how you feel about it in 2 months"
Technohic - Sniper | Techno-Hic - Gunslinger | Cihonhcet - Scoundrel
Karnrage - Assassin | Egarnrak - Sage
Techen - Merc | Nehcet - Vanguard | Carnrage - Marauder | Egarnrac - Guardian
POT5

Helmholtzz
02.20.2014 , 01:18 PM | #143
Quote: Originally Posted by Technohic View Post
LOL at the schedule for the class reps. Basically, estimating 2.7 to go live sometime in mid-late march it reads to me like "Hey scoundrels and operatives. Let us gut you. We will look to hear how you feel about it in 2 months"
2.7 goes live on April 8th.
Dead on Arrival Begeren Colony
Ascension Jedi Covenant
Instead of loving your enemies - treat your friends a little better.
Rööt Baree Dragonslayer Infernõ

randiesel
02.21.2014 , 06:44 AM | #144
Quote: Originally Posted by johnbgood View Post
scrappers are dishing out more sustained damage in zerg situations without being as reliant on leaving/reentering combat as infiltration-shadows are.
I know what you mean by the comment, but I never really feel the "need" to restealth in combat to refresh my cooldowns on my shadow. They just are all around more adept fighters, to say the least, and can handle stuff scrappers can't.

If anything, I feel the need to disappear with my scrapper to keep the upperhand (no pun intended) just for my own survivability (and another KO). And we are more reliant on heals, which cripples the scrapper spec. Tell me someone who manages to stay alive in combat with long self heal casts vs a shadow. Shadows have so much more damage reduction and a self/instant heal, so they Win hands down. I always find myself running out of warzone med packs way faster on my scrapper than on my shadow, and there's good reason.

Cryowolf
02.21.2014 , 12:26 PM | #145
Quote: Originally Posted by FoE_Khorne View Post
I will be glad to see it go as long as they make more positive changes to the dps spec viability along with it... If they dont... well then ill probably be with the other ops canceling my sub.
I understand your opinion now. I secretly hoped you had deciphered some secret to the changes that would overshadow the nerf to KO. I agree that the change could be beneficial long term providing they do actually make those positive changes. But it looks like we'll be flapping in the wind hoping for that to happen in a future patch while we are gimped in the meantime.

Personally, it looks like they are turning Scrapper into a PvE spec and throwing in the towel on PvP.
-sustained damage buff
-easier rotation, energy management
-less reliance on sabo charge for burst
-knockdown removal
-backblast from the front
-free roll with a limit

I dabbled with Dirty Fighting in the past and it is probably my 2nd favorite spec in the game. (I'm just a sucker for the DPS Scoundrel's flavor). But with the recent change to cover that spec is left flapping in the wind, too.

Time will tell and in the meantime they upset the majority of their Scrapper player base, small as it may be.
Raisins--Scoundrel--The Harbinger

EricMusco
02.21.2014 , 02:00 PM | #146 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hey folks!

As mentioned we would be providing more class changes as they came through. Here are some other changes currently planned for Scoundrels in 2.7:
  • Flash Grenade now only affects a single target.
  • Street Tough will additionally allow Flash Grenade to blind up to 5 targets within 5m.
  • Slippery Devil will now give the Scampering Scoundrel a short window of defense against all attack types (which stacks with Scamper's normal defense bonuses).
  • Smuggled Defenses will now reduce Defense Screen by 3/6 seconds. (Down from 7.5/15)
Thanks!

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Evolixe
02.21.2014 , 02:36 PM | #147
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Slippery Devil will now give the Scampering Scoundrel a short window of defense against all attack types (which stacks with Scamper's normal defense bonuses).
Are you serious.. as if the retarded **** with gunslingers wasn't enough already..

What the ****.. this **** is getting more ridiculous everytime you post new details..

How about this one, cancel all class changes for 2.7.
That would be a better option than what you're doing now for gods sake..

My god a Weazel could do a better job at class balancing.
Evolixe [ToFN/PoT5] Exilove
PvE AMR - Livestream - PvP AMR - BiS PvP Mad/Bal - BiS PvP Dec/Infi
Quote:
Open yourself to suggestions from others.
There is so much to be learned from other people no matter how good you are.

Haystak
02.21.2014 , 03:09 PM | #148
Really wondering whats happening with this class

im just interested in seeing where we go with this whole massive changes thing. Cause this **** aint making sense right now. I mean I was already set on getting my VG up and geared so THAT hasnt changed any, buit its intresting to see some changes coming to scoundrel in terms of survibility, even if they are odd.

I mean we already have a class design in place, just make whats already there better.

For example

Surprise comeback: make it actually heal something, makes no sense for a tank to have a better passive heal than a healer. None, change the number from its small and ****y amount to something more palletable.

Roll Dodge proc:have it cleanse everything like it dd before you gave sorcs/sins the no cleanse me buff. Class relies on stealth and cant get back to it to save its life(literally, I have died enough times because a random dot was on me, and kept me out of stealt)

In Dirty Fighting: Roll-free kolto shot proc-make it so kolto shot heals instantly, that hot is about as good as Surprise comeback, in that it isnt good at all, its ****.

Thats just an opinion, as stated earlier, im moving away from my scoundrel, its a poor mans carnage marauder with perma stealth in 2.7, and I already have a carnage marauder.
Airwolf -55-Scoundrel
Mcrose -55-Shadow
Makros -55-Marauder
Mac-Ros -55-Vangaurd

cs_zoltan
02.21.2014 , 03:34 PM | #149
Quote: Originally Posted by Evolixe View Post
Are you serious.. as if the retarded **** with gunslingers wasn't enough already..

What the ****.. this **** is getting more ridiculous everytime you post new details..

How about this one, cancel all class changes for 2.7.
That would be a better option than what you're doing now for gods sake..

My god a Weazel could do a better job at class balancing.
By far the squishiest melee dps gets a defense buff and you cry? Mkay
The Red Eclipse <PC Gamer Mint Imperials>
Kéja || Kejann || Sänsa || Kyrí Meirend || Myrí || Käte || Jeanene || Maelin
The Ebon Hawk <Aisthesis>
Medin

mikebevo
02.21.2014 , 04:10 PM | #150
I usually roll with the changes, I have seen scoundrels suck (at launch) and seen them be extremely competitive to overpowered. However, from a strictly sawbones perspective first you nerf our best damage ability flyby, then you come out with nerfing our best healing ability in operation and now you announce removing the use of flash bang for escaping stuff like womp rats in operations without handicapping our energy.

Should we all just delete our scoundrel and operatives? I understand the reasons in PvP, but why destroy our entire usefulness in PvE group play (not to mention I am serious not doing any dailies on my sawbones ever again when I can do them in 1/2 the time on all my other toons including a sage seer. Where is the balance when a 72 geared sage can plow through CZ-198 in 10-15mins and a 78 gear sawbones takes 20-25 mins?). It will be back to they days after launch when all anyone wanted was Sages in groups. Lucky me, at launch I was just left out when everyone wanted sages, at least now I have a sage and a sorcerer to use.