Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Announcing End Season 1 Rewards

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Announcing End Season 1 Rewards
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Jadescythe
02.21.2014 , 08:27 AM | #171
Quote: Originally Posted by AlrikFassbauer View Post
Me, I have always been against Eliticism, and therefore I bcould never understand supporting Eliticism by giving out things to a select few people.

If you look at printed Biographies from the last 500 years, almost none is about a person from the hard working classes (the "bottom feeders", as PvP players call them) (from which The Beatles stem from, by the way), but almost exclusively about those who had profited from their hard work. If you look around, you can see luxurious mansions buiild by those who had profited by selling the things at an high price without paying a lot of wages to those who work at the bottom. In Bangladesh, one of the countries which is at the same time one of the poorest countries, and at the same time producing most of our "western" clothes, workers were killed because firm owner gave a BEEEP on building security. Everyone believes that "workers ? They are easily replaceable". The police was ordered to shoot at those who did a protest for higher wages only a few months ago, if I recall the newspaper correctly. To put it cynically, in an Machiavelli way of thinking, there always has to be a country in this world that is poor, because this is the only way to ensure that there can be factories in which people are paid much, much lower wages than in the richer countries. Good, if such a country is drained by a Kleptocracy, because that means that people will stay poor.

That is why I'm against Eliticism, so, introducing actual rewards for being an Eliticist is for me not understandable. It just supports the way of thinking that "we are the top, everyone else is just a "bottom feeder", "window licker", "keyboard turner" or simply a "bad". With the several meanings of the word "bad" most likely being intended.

Giving out rewards for Eliticism just makes people think that these rewards officially allow them to be rude to everyone who doesn't belong to their circles of Elites.
I'd answer this seriously, but this is the SWTOR forums.

Umadbro?
I have opinions and stuff

You could get free stuff with my referral link here

Joesixxpack
02.21.2014 , 08:46 AM | #172
Quote: Originally Posted by AlrikFassbauer View Post
Me, I have always been against Eliticism, and therefore I bcould never understand supporting Eliticism by giving out things to a select few people.

Too much other stuff to quote was here.
What're your thoughts on the 2014 Winter Olympians? Should they all, or a %, be up on the podiums or just the ones that earned the medals per the current system of competition/reward?
SifuStoli Sage | Joesixxpack VG | BBQ'Ribs GS | Hawt'Sauce Guard | Bluce'Ree Sent | Dark'nStormy Scrap
ilotSufiS Mara | BBQRibs Sin | BBQSammich PT | BBQSawce MM | Dark'n'Stormy Op
DEAD SERVER REFUGEE

EricMusco
02.21.2014 , 11:01 AM | #173 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hey folks,

One of the things I have seen quite a few questions around is the exclusivity of the Rancor mount which Tier 1 PvPers will be receiving at the end of Season one. I wanted to talk a little bit about Giradda the Hutt’s Rancor mount and the other mounts you will see coming in the future.
  • Giradda’s mount, the armored and tattooed Rancor is a unique appearance that will be exclusive only to our PvP Season one, Tier 1 reward winners.
  • Inside of Nightmare Dread Palace, our Operations players will have a chance to get a very rare mount, a Cyborg Rancor. This will also be a unique appearance of the Rancor which is exclusive to our Ops players.
  • Finally, at some point in the future we will have some more “basic” Rancor models which will be available in other parts of the game, such as the Cartel Market packs.

In short, the specific appearance for the Arena mount and the Cyborg Rancor Ops mount will be unique models, but you can expect to see other Rancor mounts around the fleet in time. Hopefully that answers your questions.

Thanks!

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Joesixxpack
02.21.2014 , 11:04 AM | #174
Not shocked.
SifuStoli Sage | Joesixxpack VG | BBQ'Ribs GS | Hawt'Sauce Guard | Bluce'Ree Sent | Dark'nStormy Scrap
ilotSufiS Mara | BBQRibs Sin | BBQSammich PT | BBQSawce MM | Dark'n'Stormy Op
DEAD SERVER REFUGEE

Master-Nala
02.21.2014 , 11:05 AM | #175
Thanks for the clarification. Slightly disappointed (even though I will be lucky to get one since I depend on solo queue) but this wasn't unexpected.
Below this is my referral link. If you press it you get free stuff and I get free stuff. This makes you, me....and Bioware happy, but don't let that stop you!
Referral Link---> http://www.swtor.com/r/fDdy48 <---Referral Link

MarsherMeow
02.21.2014 , 11:07 AM | #176
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
  • Inside of Nightmare Dread Palace, our Operations players will have a chance to get a very rare mount, a Cyborg Rancor. This will also be a unique appearance of the Rancor which is exclusive to our Ops players.
DP and not DF? It seems like it would make more sense coming from DF since that operation has a rancor boss.

befear
02.21.2014 , 11:08 AM | #177
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey folks,

One of the things I have seen quite a few questions around is the exclusivity of the Rancor mount which Tier 1 PvPers will be receiving at the end of Season one. I wanted to talk a little bit about Giradda the Hutt’s Rancor mount and the other mounts you will see coming in the future.
  • Giradda’s mount, the armored and tattooed Rancor is a unique appearance that will be exclusive only to our PvP Season one, Tier 1 reward winners.
  • Finally, at some point in the future we will have some more “basic” Rancor models which will be available in other parts of the game, such as the Cartel Market packs.

In short, the specific appearance for the Arena mount and the Cyborg Rancor Ops mount will be unique models, but you can expect to see other Rancor mounts around the fleet in time. Hopefully that answers your questions.

Thanks!

-eric
Thank you!
Sephster <Intrepid>
http://www.twitch.tv/befear

GrandLordMenace
02.21.2014 , 11:35 AM | #179
ITSSSSSS GROBTHOOOOOOO***

I want my rancor with a pipe that can smash. Yes I do
Rydarus Veneris the Eternal Forum Warrior, Lord of Alacrity, of the Ruined World, 8/10 HM TOS/Rav 9/10 Dread Nightmares
GuardDPS PVE guide: http://dulfy.net/2014/12/11/swtor-3-...de-by-rydarus/

LtGeneralGezlin
02.21.2014 , 11:37 AM | #180
Hey, we all win in the end. Ops players get a Rancor Mount, PVP-ers get a mount, and the rest of us get one. I am happy about that. (Inb4 accusations I am a defender/white knight/biodrone.:P)
CE Owner - The Gallifreyan Legacy - Squad 238 Tester
60 Gunslinger, 50 Commando, 50 Sentinel, 57 Shadow.
50 Operative, 18 Mercenary, 60 Marauder, 57 Juggernaut, 50 Sorcerer.