Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Aces?

DropGibbs
02.21.2014 , 07:35 AM | #201
Red Eclipse

It pains me to see that quitters are on that list but some great team players are missing:

Quickblast (or was it Quickblow? Defenetly something with quick). He's always covering the ones capping the nodes.

P'uc. The only bomber I have ever met who is using the ammo refill option.

Llama-Eight
02.21.2014 , 08:17 AM | #202
Quote: Originally Posted by DropGibbs View Post
P'uc.
Yeah, P'uc's good/annoying (delete as appropriate depending on which side you're on).

mighty_joe
02.21.2014 , 09:12 AM | #203
Red Eclipse

It pains me to see that quitters are on that list but some great team players are missing:

Quickblast (or was it Quickblow? Defenetly something with quick). He's always covering the ones capping the nodes.

"Quick_something" was actually posting right before you in this same thread
Happily Smiles
Senate Special Order
The Red Eclipse
The enemy of my enemy is my enemy's enemy. No more. No less.

Jandi
02.21.2014 , 09:24 AM | #204
Red Eclipse
LOL? He is good at 2 things. Boosting to the capital ship and playong 4 man premades but beyond that? Mediocre at best.

But then, that seems to be the criteria for being an "Ace". How fast you can run to your capital ship.

Davionix
02.21.2014 , 09:42 AM | #205
Quote: Originally Posted by Argonloris View Post
The Red Eclipse[/SIZE]
Republic: Mundo, Jasa, Chipmonk, My'la, Ogrin, Ootriclone, Bavionix, Tilla, Urteon, MAverick, Makk, Llamaeight, Saandrig, Naughtyxx, Alema, Ilmarinen
Imperial: Ghostwatch, Gambyt, Hyman, Mbwun, Soep, Tulinof, Taajinator, Zahara, Stan-Russian, Morpheo, Jovi'juan, Jamos
Unknown: Ideo, Grzmonster, Suruse, Tillia,
[SIZE="4"]
Unknown:
I do not want to nit-pick but I am pretty sure that I do not have a character named Bavionix

I think Suruse and Tillia are from imperial side but can not remember for sure so a confirmation from that side would be better.

For "Ace criteria" everyone can have different opinions. In my opinion if you can act as a force multiplier to carry a few new / inexperienced / space tauntaun pilots in your team and fly all ship classes in a non-terrible way you will definitely be noticed by the community.

Being a good sport both to your own and enemy team would be a nice bonus as well .
Spoiler

They're on our left,right,in front of us,behind us..they can't get away this time.

mattycutts
02.21.2014 , 10:46 AM | #206
ty for mentioning me.,

On empire i use Quickblast and quickblow / rep i use quickslam and quickblast.

and i never run in premades.
RED ECLIPSE - Unrelenting (Rep) / The Deathbringers (emp)
(Ground & Space PVP only) - Republic main
Empire - Quickblast / Quickstrike / Quickblow / Quickcast / Toretto
Republic - Quickblasts / Quickslam / Quickvolley
Former Baccas Blade / Nightmare Lands

Jamus_Divinus
02.21.2014 , 11:01 AM | #207
Quote: Originally Posted by mattycutts View Post
for one thing i dont hang around capital ships EVER,

2nd i never play in premades, im a solo pug sign up each and every match 99% of time unless i team up with a new commer to help them.

if im average at best why is EVERY game im top 3 damage, objectives, assists etc, no matter how bad my team is im always up there and in the mix lol and my records are just short of making the top 5 thread for all servers.

As for the other post, i use quickblast / quickblow on empire side, and on rep side use quickblasts and quickslam.
The person you're quoting was talking about P'uc I believe.

I have nothing against premades, 99% of the time I also solo queue. However I doubt that person was talking about you.
Star Wars Galaxies - Bria Server - April 2005- December 2011
200,000,000+ Mounts:192/206 Pets:170/178
Achievement points:26700 Ships mastered: 21/24

ptwonline
02.21.2014 , 11:09 AM | #208
Quote: Originally Posted by Mallorik View Post
I would say 6/1 kill death ratio if you want to go by the historical ace requirements of 5 kills. But I also wouldn't decide on aces until there was a solo que and a group que. a gunship who gets 25 kills in a match because he has 3 buddies running bait and interference for him against a bunch of 2 ship noobs isn't exactly ace material, if he can do it against other groups then fine.
Yeah, you can't really use a kill-to-death ratio because matches are often so uneven. And often so consistently uneven because of server faction domination.

I mean if a TDM ends up 50-8 and you got all 8 kills for your side and 4 deaths, chances are you're pretty darned good. And yet you'll have a worse Kill-to-Death ratio than an average level player on the other side.

There's also a difference between playing for kill-to-death ratio and playing to win (especially in Domination). I've seen guys with 20+ kills in Domination and their side lost because he was not battling for sats and instead just picking people off when they got too close to his sitting place within running distance of his cap ship.

Jandi
02.21.2014 , 11:09 AM | #209
Quote: Originally Posted by Jamus_Divinus View Post
The person you're quoting was talking about P'uc I believe.

I have nothing against premades, 99% of the time I also solo queue. However I doubt that person was talking about you.
I was, don't think I've ever played with anyone named Quick anything or at the very least, neve rnoticed anyone with that name.

mattycutts
02.21.2014 , 12:03 PM | #210
Quote: Originally Posted by Jandi View Post
I was, don't think I've ever played with anyone named Quick anything or at the very least, neve rnoticed anyone with that name.
yeah I misread one of the posts and realised just after I replied. so my bad

don't worry youll remember me when ever we meet
RED ECLIPSE - Unrelenting (Rep) / The Deathbringers (emp)
(Ground & Space PVP only) - Republic main
Empire - Quickblast / Quickstrike / Quickblow / Quickcast / Toretto
Republic - Quickblasts / Quickslam / Quickvolley
Former Baccas Blade / Nightmare Lands