Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

2014 Community Cantina Tour Locations

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
2014 Community Cantina Tour Locations
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Meteu's Avatar


Meteu
02.20.2014 , 04:28 PM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by CourtneyWoods View Post
Hi everyone!

Along with describing Pez in great detail, we promised on our stream last week to give you a list of the locations we have planned for the Community Cantina Tour this year. Below is the list of locations as well as the estimated date time frame for the events. As always, when we are closer to the event we will post a blog with further details for that Cantina Tour - until then these are subject to change!
  • Boston, MA (PAX East) - April 11-13th

We look forward to seeing some of you at these events!
While I am very excited about the fact a cantina tour is coming to Boston itself; and proud that SWTOR,BW and EA will have a presence there- I also must admit my dismay. I have been a subscriber since day 1 launch and always said that when the chance came to attend one of these within an hour drive I would; but the location of this cantina is very limiting for people to attend. Basically PAX East was sold out 154 days before the first day of the event; so for someone interested in a cantina in there local New England city there is not much of a chance to attend.

Though that brings me to ask; is this particular cantina tour attached to the PAX East event weekend but not within its (ticketing) walls itself? I would be happy to know, I thank you for any additional information

Jerba's Avatar


Jerba
02.20.2014 , 08:19 PM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by Meteu View Post
Though that brings me to ask; is this particular cantina tour attached to the PAX East event weekend but not within its (ticketing) walls itself? I would be happy to know, I thank you for any additional information
The last convention they were actually present with a booth was at Gamescom 2012, since then, they have only been at bars and hotel conference rooms. I asked them about this at another cantina event and they said that if they don't have an upcoming patch they want to show off, it is just not worth the money to buy a booth.
So they just do the events in the city of the convention since a lot of players will already be in town for those, but the cantina tour is completely outside of the convention.
Even for Gamescom 2012, the cantina tour was outside of the convention facility; they put everyone in a bus and drove us to a bar where the cantina tour was held.
Therefore, you don't need a ticket for the convention to attend the cantina tour.

EricMusco's Avatar


EricMusco
02.24.2014 , 10:13 AM | #33 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Quote: Originally Posted by Meteu View Post
While I am very excited about the fact a cantina tour is coming to Boston itself; and proud that SWTOR,BW and EA will have a presence there- I also must admit my dismay. I have been a subscriber since day 1 launch and always said that when the chance came to attend one of these within an hour drive I would; but the location of this cantina is very limiting for people to attend. Basically PAX East was sold out 154 days before the first day of the event; so for someone interested in a cantina in there local New England city there is not much of a chance to attend.

Though that brings me to ask; is this particular cantina tour attached to the PAX East event weekend but not within its (ticketing) walls itself? I would be happy to know, I thank you for any additional information
Hey Meteu!

That is a great question and definitely worth noting. All of our events that are listed currently take place off of the show floor. If you wish to attend, you absolutely do not need a convention ticket! If you are in the area, I look forward to seeing you there, with or without a PAX pass

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

leijae's Avatar


leijae
02.24.2014 , 08:42 PM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by CourtneyWoods View Post
Hi everyone!

Along with describing Pez in great detail, we promised on our stream last week to give you a list of the locations we have planned for the Community Cantina Tour this year. Below is the list of locations as well as the estimated date time frame for the events. As always, when we are closer to the event we will post a blog with further details for that Cantina Tour - until then these are subject to change!
  • Atlanta, GA - February 28th
  • Boulder, CO - March 21-23rd
  • Boston, MA (PAX East) - April 11-13th
  • Vancouver, Canada - May 23-25th
  • Los Angeles, CA (E3) - June 10-12th
  • San Diego, CA (SDCC) - July 24-27th
  • Cologne, Germany (Gamescom) - August 13-17th
  • Seattle, WA (PAX Prime) - August 30th - September 2nd
  • New York, NY (NYCC) - October 9-12th
  • Las Vegas, NV - November 7-9th
  • Austin, TX - November 21-23rd

We look forward to seeing some of you at these events!
Apparently DFW is garbage....
Imp: <Falcon Punch> Bottom of the top tier PvP
........<Public Enemies>
Pub: <Fight>
........<Video Game Loft>

PurpleYetti's Avatar


PurpleYetti
02.26.2014 , 07:17 PM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey Meteu!

That is a great question and definitely worth noting. All of our events that are listed currently take place off of the show floor. If you wish to attend, you absolutely do not need a convention ticket! If you are in the area, I look forward to seeing you there, with or without a PAX pass

-eric
I'm interested in this as well, and don't really know where to find out info. I'm wondering if we just show up to the convention center and wander around looking for something that says "SWTOR"?

bibobpipop's Avatar


bibobpipop
02.27.2014 , 01:07 AM | #36
They usually give the name / full address of the location in the announcment-thread of the cantina-tours.

Example:

http://www.swtor.com/info/news/blog/20140207

Venue: The Tabernacle

Date: Friday, February 28th, 2014

Time: 7:00-10:00PM EST

Address:152 Luckie Street, Atlanta, GA 30303

AlienEyeTX's Avatar


AlienEyeTX
02.28.2014 , 01:53 PM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by leijae View Post
Apparently DFW is garbage....
No disrespect to DFW, but why bother when Austin is so close and is "home base?" The only possible reason to do this in DFW is for people flying in. And there can't be THAT many people who make a special trip for the cantina tour, can there?
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
thank AlienEyeTX for being ridiculously good at this game:

-eric

Edzew's Avatar


Edzew
03.02.2014 , 05:05 PM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by leijae View Post
Apparently DFW is garbage....
was just thinking the same thing B^(

Quote: Originally Posted by AlienEyeTX View Post
No disrespect to DFW, but why bother when Austin is so close and is "home base?" The only possible reason to do this in DFW is for people flying in. And there can't be THAT many people who make a special trip for the cantina tour, can there?
then why is there one in Los Angeles, CA and San Diego, CA they are both just as close to one another as DFW is to austin!! not to mention DFW is a LOT bigger than austin and a lot less hippies B^P

it takes 4 hours to drive from DFW to Austin where as it takes maybe an hour and a half to two hours to drive from LA to San Diego. splain dat lucy!!

GatorAndy's Avatar


GatorAndy
03.04.2014 , 12:15 PM | #39
Florida maybe in the future?

starsarepink's Avatar


starsarepink
03.04.2014 , 11:44 PM | #40
WOOT! See you in Boulder!