Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Star Citizen funding passes $38million.....

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Off-Topic
Star Citizen funding passes $38million.....

dermitni
02.20.2014 , 03:47 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by branmakmuffin View Post
I am counting on it as much as I am counting on the WoD MMO ever becoming a reality: not at all.

If it doesn't eventually have a F2P option, I certainly will not try it. I'm not going to pay money to play a game I've never played.
Then I'm afraid you won't be playing this game.

Quote: Originally Posted by AshlaBoga View Post
What are the differences in terms of Galaxy and Economic (mining, trading) between Star Citizen and ELITE: Dangerous??
There are a lot of differences, but the most prominent one would be the level of detail that Star Citizen aims for -- and the resulting beefy hardware requirements to even play it with lowest settings.

Apart from that, since the differences are quite numerous (beginning with the game's focus) I'd suggest asking this in CIG's forum; they're quite open-minded when it comes to friendly competition; Chris Roberts apparently even pledged for Elite Dangerous.
The Progenitor: Hran'orfon - Chiss Ascendancy Sniper Vidaar Amakiir - Imperial Honor Guard
Jung Ma: Lythe Vodaine - Jedi Healer

branmakmuffin
02.20.2014 , 10:51 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by dermitni View Post
Then I'm afraid you won't be playing this game.
Neither will anyone else, for very long.

Quote:
There are a lot of differences, but the most prominent one would be the level of detail that Star Citizen aims for -- and the resulting beefy hardware requirements to even play it with lowest settings.
"Beefy hardware requirements." Always a good sign for a mass market computer game.

archifikoss
02.20.2014 , 04:02 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by branmakmuffin View Post
Neither will anyone else, for very long.

"Beefy hardware requirements." Always a good sign for a mass market computer game.
I know... At least I have the dogfighting module to look forward to in April to sharpen my trigger finger.

I'm not 100% sure I'd call SC mass market actually bran. It is primarily aimed at what is now a rather niche audience (I don't think many people are interested in space sims) - and CR always made games that pushed technical boundaries. This is no exception. He did say he'd like as many people as possible to play of course (he's a businessman after all as well as a hardcore gamer), but he doesn't seem prepared to compromise his vision to cater to the average mass gamer.

branmakmuffin
02.20.2014 , 06:15 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by archifikoss View Post
I know... At least I have the dogfighting module to look forward to in April to sharpen my trigger finger.

I'm not 100% sure I'd call SC mass market actually bran. It is primarily aimed at what is now a rather niche audience
Then it better be a large friggin' niche or the niche members better be willing to pay $200 a month to play (or something), if the game is going to be anything more than a glorified web based adventured game.

Quote:
This is no exception. He did say he'd like as many people as possible to play of course (he's a businessman after all as well as a hardcore gamer), but he doesn't seem prepared to compromise his vision to cater to the average mass gamer.
He sounds like maybe he's a "Gamers need me more than I need them" type of person.

Lord_Ravenhurst
08.03.2014 , 05:17 PM | #25
they are close to 50 million now..
anyone backed it here?