Class Representative Kickoff and Schedule!

EricMusco

• Dev Post

Hey folks,

It is time to fully kickoff the Class Representative Initiative again. In case you weren't around last time we ran it, here is how it works... The elected representative for the specified set of AC mirrors will work in their class forum to establish a set of top 3 issues, in the form of questions. Once submitted, (which happens based on the schedule below) I will work with the combat team to get you answers to your top 3 issues within a week or so. That is the basic rundown of how it works.

One change that we are making this time is the submission schedule. We will be doing one Advanced Class, every other week. I realize this will mean some classes will not get to submit their top 3 for quite some time, but we want to ensure that the Combat team can concentrate on each set of top 3 as they come in, along with their normal workflow. Please note that it will be our goal to increase our regular communication around classes in general.

Here is the schedule (I will be in touch with the Class Reps on the specifics or work to fill the role if there isn't one currently):

• Marauder / Sentinel - February 28th
  • Powertech / Vanguard - March 14th
  • Mercenary / Commando - March 28th
  • Juggernaut / Guardian April 11th
  • Assassin / Shadow - April 25th
  • Sorcerer / Sage - May 9th
  • Operative / Scoundrel - May 23rd
  • Sniper / Gunslinger - June 6th

Thanks everyone!

-eric

How about doing something about those things you promised to take a look at the last time around?

Like a Merc ammo display for Mandos maybe? It has been an issue since launch!! Or anything about Gunnery/Arsenal PvP viability or ammo issues? Nothing has changed since you screwed up ammo management with 2.0 and there arent any changes planned for 2.7 by the looks of it.

This sucks. We dont need another cycle of questions since you didnt bother to address the issues raised in the first round.

So, I have a question. Before, mirror ACs were split up between two different dates. As you have it presented for this round of questions, it looks like either the two class reps between mirrors have to collaborate to submit questions, or the mirror reps are submitting 3 questions each at the same time. Could you please clarify? Edited by Andrew_Past

Hey that's great. By the time you get to the classes I care about, I'll be playing a different game.

Seriously...you can't do this with a 5 month time frame. You just can't. It's not worth anything at that point. Too much of the game will be changing with balance updates - the questions will change by the time they get asked...

Just scrap it if there aren't enough resources.

Hey that's great. By the time you get to the classes I care about, I'll be playing a different game.

Seriously...you can't do this with a 5 month time frame. You just can't. It's not worth anything at that point. Too much of the game will be changing with balance updates - the questions will change by the time they get asked...

Just scrap it if there aren't enough resources.

As an outside observer this makes it appear to me that they likely have an extremely limited staff at this point. If not then I can't imagine a decent excuse for this.

• Dev Post
So, I have a question. Before, mirror ACs were split up between two different dates. As you have it presented for this round of questions, it looks like either the two class reps between mirrors have to collaborate to submit questions, or the mirror reps are submitting 3 questions each at the same time. Could you please clarify?

Good question! If you recall in the old schedule I had the full list of classes across both mirrors. We actually stopped the Class Rep system halfway through. What this list is, is the remaining folks who had not actually yet posed questions.

Example, Sentinels had submitted questions in the last round. This time around it will be the Marauder leader submitting questions. To simplify it (although maybe I made it more complex) I listed both sides of the mirror.

Hope that clears it up!

-eric

Good question! If you recall in the old schedule I had the full list of classes across both mirrors. We actually stopped the Class Rep system halfway through. What this list is, is the remaining folks who had not actually yet posed questions.

Example, Sentinels had submitted questions in the last round. This time around it will be the Marauder leader submitting questions. To simplify it (although maybe I made it more complex) I listed both sides of the mirror.

Hope that clears it up!

-eric

Didn't you also say that when you stopped the questions after the first wave of 8 classes submitted their questions that the next round would be based off of which classes received changes after 2.4? How did you decide which classes would get the first shot at submitting new questions?

Hope that clears it up!

-eric

Unfortunately this kind of Convoluted Dev Logic created a situation like this:

Bioware: We're introducing Class Rep Q&A! Be sure to vote for your Class Reps!

Nibbon: Hey look I'm a top raider! Vote me for all your PVE questions! *Nibbon wins*

Psirebal: Hey look I'm one of the top PVP sorcs! Vote me for all your PVP questions! *Psirebal wins*

Bioware: Awesome, sorcs go first!

Psirebal: So we go squish as our escapability erodes with buffs to other classes, are constantly interrupted to the point we can never get a cast off, and have to kill ourselves to get resource back, what's up with that?

Bioware: You must learn to play defensively, LOS, H2F, and make them pay for trying to kill you; the skill cap of the sorcerer class may be higher than what some players are comfortable with

Community:

Bioware: Umm...maybe we should postpone the whole class rep thing until H2F dies down...

*Season 1 drops with none of the feedback from sorcs regarding balance actually acted upon. Presumably BW metrics show that maybe the sorcs had a point, because eventually we get yellow requests for feedback and an attempted buff here and there. For example, hey let's buff madness by nerfing corruption at the same time seeing as corruption is the only cleanse for madness anyway. To make it even worse let's make the uncleansable dot indistinguishable from another sorc's cleansable dot unless you have the time to hover over and read the debuff tooltip in PVP, which never happens. A few madness sorcs manage to do well, but no one even tries to corruption heal in ranked arenas anymore, and apparently ranked sorc heal metrics start giving you guys division by zero errors or something because points 22-35 in corruption tree are STILL nigh useless for PVP even after 2.7 changes.*

Bioware: Hey look we're finally going to finish out our Class Rep program!

Sorcs: Um does this mean we get to mulligan our class rep questions and get a non-H2F response? Maybe try to get some of corruption's PVP issues addressed as it's the spec that will be least affected by 2.7 while buffs to mercs leave us unquestionably the bottom of the heap? Oh wait, Nibbon was the PVE guy...nevermind.

*The few remaining sorc healers in arenas respec DPS as the last remaining reason to even bother with corruption, Fadeout, is made accessible to all (which DPS needed...but corruption did not get its issues properly addressed).*

Edited by AdrianDmitruk

• 4 weeks later...