Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Flight School

ALaggyGrunt
02.19.2014 , 12:37 PM | #11
Yes please.

The tutorial itself could be extended. It needs more practical stuff and less click-through-the-text, because most of us are the learn-by-doing type.

Ramalina
02.19.2014 , 03:18 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Onodrain View Post

Sensor range increase will help you stay in range of satellites for capturing them. Technically, this seems to be the sensor focus range, but it is part of the sensor range increase choice. Just by choosing the crew member who increases your sensor focus range, you will have a noticeable effect on your satellite capture range.

Chance to hit minus evasion is your chance to land a direct fire weapon. I don't think evasion helps with missile lock. But some missiles are slow and can be outrun.
Much good stuff in your post, but the above have errors.

Satellite capture range is static. It does not matter what ship or upgrades you use.

Missiles cannot be outrun. Defensive engine maneuvers and upgraded distortion field can break missile locks before or after the missile is fired. Nothing else works against a missile after it has been fired.
Before a missile has been fired you can break a lock by breaking line of sight, but that's a matter of lock on time not of missile flight speed.
"A padawan's master sets their Jedi trial, Rajivari set mine."
- Zhe Lian, Sage.

Twitch

Jandi
02.19.2014 , 03:33 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Ramalina View Post
Much good stuff in your post, but the above have errors.

Satellite capture range is static. It does not matter what ship or upgrades you use.

Missiles cannot be outrun. Defensive engine maneuvers and upgraded distortion field can break missile locks before or after the missile is fired. Nothing else works against a missile after it has been fired.
Before a missile has been fired you can break a lock by breaking line of sight, but that's a matter of lock on time not of missile flight speed.
Missiles also seem to go through obstacles quite frequently. I see it cause I use protons without the speed upgrade, they *will* hit unless you use an engine ability, eventually.

Sometimes shot a proton to a fleeing scout heading for the cap ship and get a kill message like 6-7s later. You can't outrun the lock, just give you time for your engine ability to come off CD.

Pilgrim_Grey
02.19.2014 , 05:27 PM | #14
Doesn't the EMP pulse also break a lock if you get that upgrade? Or is that only a prevention from locks happening?

Zharik
02.19.2014 , 05:46 PM | #15
Missiles cannot be outrun.
While this is true, you can extend the time it takes to hit you, and if your engine break comes off CD then you can use it... so boosting away is an option *sometimes*.
<Alt-a-holic's Anonymous>
President, Vice-President, Secretary, Treasurer, Members (x18).

My Referral Link for some Free things (for you and me)

Onodrain
02.19.2014 , 09:40 PM | #16
I had initially did an un scientific test early in the game. Today I did a more scientific test and you are correct.

One odd thing is that you can run past a satellite and you get one pulse of satellite focus. That is what I mistook for focus range initially. When you run past a satellite, the green focus shield can appear around your ship when you are far away from the satellite, if you turbo past it.

Lytewraith
02.20.2014 , 05:45 AM | #17
I would love to see open world gsf pvp like say in the atmosphere above certine planets or maybe 1 planet at a time the changes depend on which faction is controlling it to advance to the point where you are fighting aginst the enemy fleet at there fleet in a spawned instance I ave seen this in other games and could see this being a very viable application to gsf and would give people a open world feel to go practice off in a corner with out have to worry about a score or victory

JoseeLaVertueux
02.24.2014 , 10:52 PM | #18
It is SO necessary for there to be decent training for newbies and those who have not "got it" yet as well as balancing the players so aces are not always stomping on those who are not very advanced yet.

Imagine - if nothing changes then there might only be aces and near aces flying against each other and that will get old before too long.