Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Announcing End Season 1 Rewards

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Announcing End Season 1 Rewards
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

AshlaBoga
02.19.2014 , 02:27 PM | #51
Any chance we can see the non-Cannon weapons?

I'm just curious as to what the S1 Reward Ligthsabers look like.
The dark is generous, and it is patient, and it always wins.
It always wins because it is everywhere.
The brightest light casts the darkest shadow.
Click my Referral Code for free goodies!

EricMusco
02.19.2014 , 02:28 PM | #52 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hey folks!

First off, I am glad to see the excitement around the Rancor. I know I have been eager to show everyone what they could expect from our Season 1 rewards!

One of the things I have seen mentioned a few times on the forums since we announced the rewards is that 1500 is too low of a rating for Tier 1. I wanted to let you know that our rewards tiers are based 100% on data, according to the highest earned ratings of our Ranked players. Currently less than 5% of our entire Ranked playerbase is 1500 or above. So although the number may seem low, very few players across all servers have actually attained it!

All the more reason to hop on and work on getting that rank yourself

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

wainot-keel
02.19.2014 , 02:30 PM | #53
holy s*** that's a muthaf****** awesomely looking friggin mount, rofl
nice job

Nickious
02.19.2014 , 02:30 PM | #54
Quote: Originally Posted by Alec_Fortescue View Post
Btw announce rewards quicker to get more players doing rated arenas.
I agree with this part. If I had known there was going to be such cool rewards ranked PVP I would have started playing along time ago in rank que rather than unranked. I didn't even know that the end PVP seasons that players get rewards like this.

Xelereth
02.19.2014 , 02:31 PM | #55
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey folks!

First off, I am glad to see the excitement around the Rancor. I know I have been eager to show everyone what they could expect from our Season 1 rewards!

One of the things I have seen mentioned a few times on the forums since we announced the rewards is that 1500 is too low of a rating for Tier 1. I wanted to let you know that our rewards tiers are based 100% on data, according to the highest earned ratings of our Ranked players. Currently less than 5% of our entire Ranked playerbase is 1500 or above. So although the number may seem low, very few players across all servers have actually attained it!

All the more reason to hop on and work on getting that rank yourself

-eric
The other 95% doesnt even play the game anymore..

Also, the current rank 1 team just unsubbed from the game, have fun getting that spot guys.. or you know, just stop at 1500 rating.
Zaer - Varzek - Zelereth - Vailani - Davassi - Qynz - Volfury
Xelereth - Vharzek - Laeoni

FOXHOUND - Tomb of Freedon Nadd

NRN_Hawk
02.19.2014 , 02:31 PM | #56
My rating is screwed and because of my timezone I can hardly get ranked pops and if I finally get one... well it's 50/50 if I win or lose. In pre-season my rating was much better at the start even tho I played a lot.

Yeah well BW, you won't add cross servers, you don't let me transfer to a EU server (I would prefer cross server) and your matchups are so cool that I often get the 26k hp guys or no healer or other weird matchups in solo queue and for team ranked...

I finally managed to get my first four team games in and I liked them as much as I like playing rated 4v4 solo, but with no real chance to better my rating again, I'm just disappointed.

Season 1 is just Pre-Season 2. So many bugs, so many flaws and hardly anything happened to better it.

Maybe I'm just jealous, if so then just at the rancor mount...

TL: DR: thanks for nothing.

k, back to working on my huttball league concept, even tho that won't ever happen
Hawk's Twitch

Streaming PVP in crossdress mode - you will be hawked \m/

Subbed since wave 2 early access, back when Valor still mattered on Ilum.

~ Pot5 - http://www.helguild.com - HEL ~

Jadescythe
02.19.2014 , 02:32 PM | #57
Quote: Originally Posted by Roudysgoodguy View Post
Tier 1 should start with 2000+ AT LEAST, lol.
FYI, 2000+ is roughly 100 people from both group and solo. Some of which may be alts. Out of 24000 people on the leaderboard.

So you want tier 1 rewards to be roughly half a percent of PvPers. Seems legit.

For reference, LoL with 27 million players daily gives all rewards to anyone Gold or higher (a little over 50% of the ranked population last season). Anything higher than that just gets a cooler border at load in.
I have opinions and stuff

You could get free stuff with my referral link here

Rasen
02.19.2014 , 02:37 PM | #58
I'm excited! Gonna start doing ranked now! I don't think pops will be an issue now that the rewards are announced.

Pearlie
02.19.2014 , 02:41 PM | #59
Quote: Originally Posted by Roudysgoodguy View Post
Where is WildStar, god.
Over there telegraphing its combat.

beattlebilly
02.19.2014 , 02:42 PM | #60
Quote: Originally Posted by MillionsKNives View Post
But more importantly, are the batteries included?
He doesn't need batteries, he's fueled by tears
Star Forge Pacific Trident GlobalJundland Biscuits and Gravy
Boy, it sure would be nice if we had some grenades, don't you think?
http://www.swtor.com/r/pblkhy