Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Class Changes Coming in Game Update 2.7

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Class Changes Coming in Game Update 2.7
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Mercediz
02.16.2014 , 12:49 PM | #161
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey folks!

As you may have seen me mention yesterday, our goal today was to post some of the class changes that are coming in Game Update 2.7. Below you will find links to individual threads for each class that is currently receiving changes in 2.7. I want to stress that this is not a comprehensive list of all of the class changes coming in 2.7. As the Combat team continues their work and more changes are implemented, I will be sure to pass them on. With that being said, here is the initial list!

Sorcerer // Sage
Marauder // Sentinel
Juggernaut // Guardian
Sniper // Gunslinger
Operative // Scoundrel

One thing to keep in mind is that Game Update 2.7 marks the end of Season 1 of Ranked Arenas. You will notice quite a few of these changes are targetted at PvP specifically, it is our goal that you will typically see "bigger" Class PvP changes between seasons. On the topic of seasons, it is our goal that either tomorrow or early next week we will be publishing a blog with all of the nitty gritty details around the end of Season 1. You will get to see the rewards we have planned for Season 1 and the ranks required to achieve them. I am very excited for you guys to see them.

Thanks everyone.

-eric

Guys it doesn't matter what any of us say, you all watch. Over the course of a number of months, with forums post and PTR post and feedback. These are the changes there will be it doesn't matter what we say.

Mercediz
02.16.2014 , 12:52 PM | #162
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
As the Combat team continues their work and more changes are implemented, I will be sure to pass them on. With that being said, here is the initial list!

I promise the list and changes will be the exact same come the 2.7 launch date. It doesn't matter what we say. Why cant you just listen to your costumers.. why???

Telaan
02.16.2014 , 07:24 PM | #163
Quote: Originally Posted by Mercediz View Post
Guys it doesn't matter what any of us say, you all watch. Over the course of a number of months, with forums post and PTR post and feedback. These are the changes there will be it doesn't matter what we say.
Which is exactly why many people decide to throw in the towel than battle it out. Between now and 2.7, we'll see zero Dev interaction beyond a post or two informing us what's going to happen, rather than addressing any concerns from the playerbase.

Personally, I'd genuinely like to see something, either here or in the guardian/juggernaut forums, in regards to the total gutting of sweep/smash and the huge survivability nerf to vig/veng; when the class is already near bottom of the pile in ranked and only middle if the road in regs.

But, I know it won't happen. I'm just bracing myself for the inevitable nerf.
Kype Lightwave/Telaan Lightwave -Pot5- "Pistols' RP Apprentice"
Telaan Lightwave Pre-CU Jedi Knight -JKO- Bloodfin
Master LS/Master Defender/Healing 2xxx/Enhancer xxx3

MazakMatsura
02.17.2014 , 09:36 AM | #164
Did.. Did someone throw a potato at the keyboard and called it "balance?"
(╯°°)╯︵ ︵ ︵
The Ebon Hawk
Love Ryan Davis 1979-2013

dscount
02.17.2014 , 11:23 AM | #165
Quote: Originally Posted by Mercediz View Post
I agree. Once they put these out on the table we hardly EVER see them change.

If they are going to force the use of Hamster Ball (Force Barrier) then at least drop the cool down by 50% and the time up by 50% that would be realistic use. For 5 seconds and 1.5 min cool down that's pretty darn on par with other team member DCD's.
Pointing out broken 16m SM Loot since 12/04 [Link1] & 12/11 [Link2] & 12/16 [Link3]
WTB Legacy Bound Ear, Implants, Relics

I'm not asking for much.... maybe some Cake too...

Guntterr
02.18.2014 , 02:43 PM | #166
Actually devs are too busy working on new cartel stuff so that they can make money! Once in a while they come here and posts patch updates and after that, cya!

morfius
02.21.2014 , 08:51 AM | #167
Quote: Originally Posted by Glower View Post
Nerf little buff nerf nerf nerf little buff nerf nerf.
I am totally disappointed.
Welcome to any PvE based MMO with PvP side/mini game using same builds and stats as PvE one.
I hate that from years, QQs from PvP community leading to constant messing with PvE game play.

Whole concept need some change... so balancing changes in both type of play can be done separately.
They already make 2 or 3 abilities that work differently in PvP and PvE... just have to continue to the end.
They already have issues with PvE and PvP stats mess (bolster mess on top) - they just need to remove PvP stats totally and go to % based instead of stat based damage/heal/resist calculations.
"The Aing-Tii have a different view of the Force. Not in terms of Jedi or Dark Jedi—of black and white, as it were—but in a way I like to think of as a full-color rainbow."

Glorthox
02.21.2014 , 11:12 AM | #168
Always about PVP. I enjoyed classes being Diverse. But leave it to PVP to take what was left of the game make it more for themselves. PvE content was fine, but oh no, classes aren't balanced enough for PVP. I am getting so tired of every MMO basing everything around PVP. Some of us still enjoy PVE and hate with a passion PVP. But yet all these companies will side with the PVP player? I don't get it.

EricMusco
02.21.2014 , 02:06 PM | #169 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hey folks!

We posted a new set of Class changes which are in addition to what we had talked about before. Below you will find links to each. Again, this is not a comprehensive list and we still have plans to likely make more changes!

Sorc // Sage
Marauder // Sentinel
Jugg // Guardian
Sniper // Gunslinger
Op // Scoundrel

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

nogoodtomedead
02.21.2014 , 02:19 PM | #170
What about mercs and pts (and their respective mirror counterparts)???

Its been almost a whole month with nothing being said in regard to either one of these advanced classes.