Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Sorc healer on 8-man Operator IX HM

RikuvonDrake
02.14.2014 , 01:34 PM | #11
Advice for 2nd Phase
After each Color Deletion Protocol/Disinfection shout to your DPS, Healers and offtank to stack up in middle (right under boss) and put up your AoE heal there, once Black Obtuse starts everyone spreads out to take their circles and stays spread out until next Color Deletion Protocol/Disinfection and then repeat. We thought of this tactic while doing Terror from Beyond Nightmare on 16man, at that stage Black Obtuse made you take something like 35k damage in total, which would kill most DPS and healers unless they were topped up before. 2nd Phase is all about surviving and less about DPS so if you can do this successfully all your players will survive in the end and the 2nd phase will be really easy.
Dread Master - Deposer of The Dread Masters - Conqueror of the Dread Fortress
Not Good Enough | Riku - Rikacha - Rikachu - Rikachi - Rikache - Rikachacha - Rikache
Ruthless | Susannah - Fauna - Wildthorn - Krewel - Montör
Bloodworthy - Tomb of Freedon Nadd

AlixMV
02.14.2014 , 04:40 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Jesseinferno View Post
So I shouldn't really worry about my parsec score? I was doing about 500k heals while the operative was doing like 1m.
Without knowing exactly how the fight went down, my guess that a large cause of the discrepancy was the overuse of puddles during Phase 1 and the fact you were out of Force so quickly.

I wouldn't worry about your Parsec info. Worry about adjusting your strategy and see what kind of results you get.
~ Jedi Covenant ~
Sollyni ~ Diyanna ~ Annifryd
Ydris ~ Mai'ty'lee ~ Lor'rysi

Kufuffelupagus
02.14.2014 , 10:50 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Jesseinferno View Post
So I shouldn't really worry about my parsec score? I was doing about 500k heals while the operative was doing like 1m.
As a healer, the most important thing is to keep everyone alive, not your HPS. That's no way to measure the effectiveness of a healer. Especially for a Sorc- in a Sorc's case, their best assets are their barriers and HoT that increases armour (best used on tanks), which do little to no heals, and THEN their AoE. AoE heal is only good for when there is raid-wide damage and the group is stacked.

The Operative will do better in the first phase (maybe the overall fight) since everyone is moving around so much. Their AoE heal sticks to people, so they can move while being healed still.

As others have said, focus on single target heals first phase, tell the raid where to stand for AoE puddle in second phase. GL

Mallo
02.15.2014 , 09:20 AM | #14
Parsec and Sorc/Sage healing...

Not a valid way to judge unless you also take into account the number of Bubbles your putting up. Depending on your gear each of those absorbs from high 5800 to 6500 ish worth of damage. (there's a formula if you look for it) Its right up there with your Dark Infusion. The issue is that it's not a heal so it doesn't count for parsec.

So if your tossing Bubbles on your tanks when they're getting battered or on low DPS to buy time for the Operative's HoTs to heal them up. You are effectively healing but Parsec doesn't count it.

Trying to push your EHPS to match an Operative isn't what your looking to do. Maximizing your abilities to make sure the Ops group doesn't wipe is what your looking to do.

Mallo
The road to hell is paved by Good Intentions!

Red_rocks
02.17.2014 , 02:07 AM | #15
Its also worthwhile to talk to the other healer and see how hes healing.
If he's rolling hots on all 8 players, he has limited global cooldowns for other heals, that means he's relying on you to mop up any damage spikes.
I personally hate ops that heal like that, its completely unnecessary.
If he's a good op though, he'll have you as one of the people he's running his hots on, which means you can consumption much more freely.

And as has been stated above, puddles are worthless unless they're hitting the majority of the raid. You have a couple options when raiding, yell at people to stack in the puddles (not possible on operator), or not use them as they're terribly inefficient when hitting only a couple of people.

Be aware of using too many bubbles, you still need to heal up that health eventually, and bubbles cost more than other heals, so it'll damage your force. Use them in emergencies to save lives only.