Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Bye bye, SWTOR

Takenuchi
02.15.2014 , 12:21 AM | #1
This game has too many problems (period): endless disconnections, launcher not launching, patch not patching, etc.

So after already cancelling my subscription 2 weeks ago i have decided to completely uninstall the game. It's unplayable anyway... hence it's just wasted space on my HDD.

There are so many other MMO's out there, maybe not SW but at least they are stable and working properly.

PaladinSoul
02.15.2014 , 12:55 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Takenuchi View Post
This game has too many problems (period): endless disconnections, launcher not launching, patch not patching, etc.

So after already cancelling my subscription 2 weeks ago i have decided to completely uninstall the game. It's unplayable anyway... hence it's just wasted space on my HDD.

There are so many other MMO's out there, maybe not SW but at least they are stable and working properly.
The bugs do piss me off too...

hbibik
02.15.2014 , 01:05 AM | #3
Even TESO Beta looks better and have better performance than SWTOR

Spamfritter
02.15.2014 , 12:14 PM | #4
What gets me are the video card overheating problems this game creates despite running like crap and really not being all that demanding graphically. I've got a GTX 670M in my laptop (That's not exactly a slouch) and the game is virtually unplayable on it. I've got three GTX 780 Ti's in my desktop machine and at 7680x1600 the frame rate isn't where it should be. I get faster FPS out of Crysis 2, Mass Effect 3, Battlefield 3, etc. There is simply no excuse for it.

Issues like like ability lag, server lag spikes, and generally poor performance should have been addressed either before launch or shortly thereafter.
CE VIP

Rynnyr
02.15.2014 , 01:17 PM | #5
after being a subscriber since pre-launch...

its time to say sayonara...

I cant evne get the farging game to patch.. much less launch.

appx 5800 cartel coins from being a subscriber..

good job, Bioware...

-- heavy sarcasm --
Often In The Course of Engineering, You Just Have to Riase the Jolly Roger and Start Slitting Throats!!

renegadeimp
02.15.2014 , 02:20 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Spamfritter View Post
What gets me are the video card overheating problems this game creates despite running like crap and really not being all that demanding graphically. I've got a GTX 670M in my laptop (That's not exactly a slouch) and the game is virtually unplayable on it. I've got three GTX 780 Ti's in my desktop machine and at 7680x1600 the frame rate isn't where it should be. I get faster FPS out of Crysis 2, Mass Effect 3, Battlefield 3, etc. There is simply no excuse for it.

Issues like like ability lag, server lag spikes, and generally poor performance should have been addressed either before launch or shortly thereafter.
The game doesnt cause overheating issues. The GPU drivers do because there are no game specific profiles for SWTOR. The GPu has to rely on generic instructions for the drivers unless the user creates their own profile.
Streamline - A guide to speeding up low - mid range Computer systems.
Latency Thread - Latency issue gathering thread..
Have a tech issue you need help with? You can nomally find me on the Customer Support forum.