Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Imperial Lore Week

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

CourtneyWoods
02.14.2014 , 10:43 AM | #11 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Happy Valentine's Day everyone!

I have your usual Lore Fact of the Day, but I also wanted to direct you to our Facebook page to check out short messages from the Companions of SWTOR. The messages from the Bounty Hunter, Consular, Inquisitor, and Trooper Companions are up now, but we will be updating this album with the rest of the Companions today and Monday. Hope you enjoy! Have a wonderful Friday!

One of the few high ranking Sith not seeking immortality, Darth Marr lives by the code: “Life is the enemy. Death is our solace.”
Courtney Woods | Lead Community Coordinator
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Damask_Rose
02.14.2014 , 12:02 PM | #12
Very sweet <3 I"m looking forward to the rest! (The companion Valentine's, not the Darth Marr quote)

Unity 3d tutorials
Friends referral for free character transfer and unlocks

NRN_Hawk
02.14.2014 , 04:34 PM | #14
Nice companion quotes. ^^

Also Darth Marr ftw! My sixth favorite Darth, after my four Siths and Malgus. ^^
Hawk's Twitch

Streaming PVP in crossdress mode - You can hate, but you too will be hawked \m/

Subbed since wave 2 early access, back when Valor still mattered on Ilum.

~ Pot5 - http://www.helguild.com ~

DarthDymond
02.14.2014 , 07:21 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by CourtneyWoods View Post
One of the few high ranking Sith not seeking immortality, Darth Marr lives by the code: “Life is the enemy. Death is our solace.”
That's actually really interesting - wonder if it means Marr may come down on the side of
Spoiler
Given the choice whether to rule a corrupt and failing empire or to challenge the fates for another throw, a better throw, against one's destiny, what was a king to do?
But does one ever truly have a choice? One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate, and thus defy the tyrannous stars.
~Kain

Osetto
02.14.2014 , 08:05 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthDymond View Post
That's actually really interesting - wonder if it means Marr may come down on the side of
Spoiler
I'd say it would be the opposite.

Spoiler
-------------------- The Fan Fiction Index --------------------

Magnusheart
02.16.2014 , 04:32 AM | #17
Could we have an educational list of all the living Dark Council members? post Makeb?

Beniboybling
02.16.2014 , 06:05 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Magnusheart View Post
Could we have an educational list of all the living Dark Council members? post Makeb?
Allow me to stand in. Currently we have:

Darth Marr - Defense of the Empire
Darth Zhorrid* - Imperial Intelligence
Darth Nox - Ancient Knowledge
Darth Vowrawn - Production and Logistics
Darth Ravage - Expansion and Diplomacy
Darth Mortis - Laws and Justice
Darth Acina - Technology
Darth Aruk - Sith Philosophy
Darth Rictus - Keeper of Mysteries/Assassins

*Possibly dead, replaced or ousted - we can't be sure at this point.

Currently vacant seats or one's we just don't know about yet include Military Strategy, Military Offense and Biotic Science. The former two are pretty damn important so I assume we are going to hear about them soon.

Beniboybling
02.16.2014 , 06:11 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Osetto View Post
I'd say it would be the opposite.

Spoiler
I agree. On top of that Marr doesn't seem to be particularly faithful at all to the Emperor in the Makeb arc:

The Emperor is gone, dying if not dead, no matter what our propagandists say. He will not be mourned.

Now is our chance to reforge in the flames of battle--to reshape the into a image of unity and strength.

Marr doesn't seem all too concerned that the Emperor is dead, perhaps even relieved. He sees it as a chance to take control and reassign the Empire's priorities, and do away with this mindless worship to an "apathetic Emperor."

Very Malgus-esque. They would have liked eachother.

Mathemagica
02.16.2014 , 06:41 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post

Very Malgus-esque. They would have liked eachother.
Would have? I'm pretty sure they heard about each other before Ilum, maybe even met each other on occasion. If they ever spoke, Marr probably called Malgus rash and Malgus accused Marr of being a coward.