Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Class Changes Coming in Game Update 2.7

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Class Changes Coming in Game Update 2.7
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Essence_of_Light
02.13.2014 , 06:13 PM | #71
Quote: Originally Posted by Atlanis View Post
So dies the Sentinel in PvP, last viable Spec is gone. Thx for hating Sents Bioware, may we have a free respec to Guardian?
1 or 2 nerfs to sentinels/Maras and they're already complaining.
Why don't you trying playing a Commando/Merc in PvP?

While I agree the nerf might've been a little bit overdone, its nothing to whine and cry about.
For the Republic!
Click my referral link here for 7 free days as sub, free server transfer, and free CC unlocks!

Decrisit
02.13.2014 , 06:14 PM | #72
Quote: Originally Posted by Morthwyll View Post
I'm playing both Sent/Mara and Guardian/Jug and I'm happy to see Smash nerf, it's perfect

What's worrying me more is the Smuggler/Agent buff:
"Defense Screen has had its cooldown reduced to 20 seconds, its maximum duration reduced to 10 seconds, and now absorbs slightly more damage per cast."
It's ok, that it'll have shorter cd for shorter duration, but why give it more damage absorb? It's already high enough, and imho with shorter cd it'll be to much, hope its a typo and should be "slightly less damage" :P
I'm just afraid that DPS Smug/Agent will be almost (or probably) unkillable, especially 1v1.
You don't understand it because you did not notice the change to K.O. It's gone from a STUN to a ROOT. In other words, you've just killed the Scoundrel class as a viable PvP DPS.

I really do not understand people that complain about Scoundrels/Ops. WE ARE BUILT TO KILL ONE PERSON ONLY. What do you people not understand!? Stop going all Solo in PvP! All you need to do it root or knockback and we're FREE KILLS.

The change to screen with do nothing to help with our already lacking defenses.

Infernixx
02.13.2014 , 06:16 PM | #73
So many angry PVPers.

Thank god BW knows to put its focus on PVE when it comes to balance.
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Infernixx nailed it. This is correct.
Quote: Originally Posted by CosmicKat View Post
There is no excuse for any single use item to ever cost more than a month's subscription. Anyone who pays $10 or $20 for a single use item is hastening the death of TOR and feeding the rise of TOR:The Cash Shop Menace.

CommanderKeeva
02.13.2014 , 06:26 PM | #74
Loving the Commando changes.....NOT!

Do you ever intended to fix Mercs/Commandos?
BEING A GOOD SOLDIER COMES DOWN TO ONE THING, ONE SINGLE QUESTION:
WHAT ARE YOU PREPARED TO SACRIFICE?

JediMasterSLC
02.13.2014 , 06:27 PM | #75
Quote: Originally Posted by Infernixx View Post
psst: no one cares about pvp concerns.
psst: no one cares about carebear pve.

NoFishing
02.13.2014 , 06:29 PM | #76
Quote: Originally Posted by Atlanis View Post
So dies the Sentinel in PvP, last viable Spec is gone. Thx for hating Sents Bioware, may we have a free respec to Guardian?
While I'd agree these changes seem to make Focus overly weak for PvP, Combat is perfectly viable.

discbox
02.13.2014 , 06:34 PM | #77
QQ by other classes about agents and smuggler always brings the nerf!

aeterno
02.13.2014 , 06:34 PM | #78
Holly cow rage/focus got force smashed lol... spec effectively mediocre single target damage now.

I do like the fact devs started to apply separate pve/pvp effects to skills with this, really the best way to go forward in many cases.

MKnightRider
02.13.2014 , 06:35 PM | #79
First things first, I am speaking strictly from a PvE perspective. I also understand that the majority of the changes announced so far are targeted towards PvP, but I just have to get this off my chest.

I would very much like some answers as to why we are, as of right now, not seeing any changes being made to Shadow/Assassin dps. It is arguably the worst dps AC in the game right now, and has been lacking since 2.0. Your solution when we asked you what you were planning on doing to help us was this.
Quote: Originally Posted by CourtneyWoods View Post
Double Strike/Thrash, Shadow Strike/Maul, Whirling Blow/Lacerate, and Clairvoyant Strike/Voltaic Slash will all see slight damage increases (as always, this glimpse of information is subject to change before being released). Effectively, this will increase damage across the board for Shadows/Assassins, especially Infiltration/Deception.
Now while it was called a "buff" (and also supposed to be for our dps specs within PvP but I still think, aside from the Clairvoyant Strike increase, mainly focused on helping the Shadow tank gain back some threat lost with the self heals) it was, I believe, something like a 2-3% damage increase. That is just not enough, especially considering we are the bottom of the barrel. And that's not even touching on the horrible RNG dependency of Infiltration, the amazingly boring Balance rotation that requires the second most use of a basic attack in the game and the most uptime required of any spec, and the major lack of usefulness of Phasewalk for dps specs in PvE.

I would also like to point out another thing said by the Devs.
Quote: Originally Posted by CourtneyWoods View Post
After the damage increases arrive in 2.5, we will keep our eye on Shadow/Assassin damage dealers to see if they need additional help to make them desirable group members for top-tier PvE content. If so, we will continue to improve them until they become viable contributors.
Well, it's been three months, and I really cannot see why there hasn't been even one change to Shadow/Assassin dps. Now you may argue that you haven't gathered enough info on Shadow/Assassin dps, but that is pretty much your fault. By your own design, Shadow/Assassin has been lackluster at best in PvE since 2.0, and that is why so few play it anymore for top level content. With the next round of Nightmare Operations coming out with 2.7, if there is not something done Shadow/Assassin will most likely be a liability in progression groups and the new Nightmare Ops in general. Not to mention the fact that you might as well bring Guardians now that they have much better dps, better defensive cooldowns, heavy armor, and a taunt. The only utility a Guardian doesn't bring when compared to Shadow is a stealth rez, every 15 minutes, which can be argued as not helpful at all considering the dps requirements are so tight in Nightmare content.

At this point I am very confused, you say you want to help us be viable for top tier content and then just ignore us completely. The lack of changes has made me very disenchanted with the game, and very sad for the Shadow/Assassin class. So please, Eric, Tait, someone, can we get some answers? Some hope? Or are we just going to have to sit around for another three months for just a chance at some help with our current PvE situation?

Gamesux
02.13.2014 , 06:44 PM | #80
Quote: Originally Posted by JediMasterSLC View Post
psst: no one cares about carebear pve.
/QFT
/Agree
/Thread