Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Game Update 2.7 Scoundrel Changes

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Smuggler > Scoundrel
Game Update 2.7 Scoundrel Changes
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

EricMusco
02.13.2014 , 10:54 AM | #1 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hello Scoundrels!

Below you will find our currently planned changes for Game Update 2.7. Keep in mind this is not a comprehensive list and they are subject to change. Know that one of our goals with these changes were to "tone down" the inherent power of Operative healers in PvP. Here are the current changes:
  • Defense Screen has had its cooldown reduced to 20 seconds, its maximum duration reduced to 10 seconds, and now absorbs slightly more damage per cast.
  • Scamper has been redesigned. Using Scamper will grant a charge that will allow Scamper to be used again before the ability goes on a 10 second cooldown, allowing for 2 rolls in succession.
    • Scamper no longer costs energy to use.
  • K.O. now grants a buff that makes Backblast not require position behind the target after using Shoot First.
    • K.O. now causes Shoot First to immobilize the target instead of knocking them down.
  • Emergent Emergencies can now only grant Upper Hand every 6 seconds.

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Master-Nala
02.13.2014 , 02:21 PM | #2
I bet that K.O. chance lowers the Scoundrel/Operative whining by a ton. But WOW, there's some serious nerfing going on this coming update.

How is the Defense Screen change going to work with Smuggled Defenses? If Smuggled Defenses stays the same, Defense Screen will basically be a bubble with a 5 second cooldown. Not complaining, that would be awesome.
Republic Level 55s - Alana, Rickta, Nal'aa, Alan, Myschal, Sinbad, Frank'lin, Angiola, Vesnas, Nightsail, Mioni & Hard-Top
Imp Level 55s - Palatine, Ztephanie, Frank-lin, Ka'Mate, Chisami, Azureraven, Curiosi-dux, Vodoun, Thofia

Aikion
02.13.2014 , 02:47 PM | #3
I'll reserve final judgement on the K.O. change as far as the back blast buff. I foresee a few problems with how certain fights are structured in Operations. Now that the stun is off Shoot First I hope we'll see less QQ about Scrapper/Concealment in PvP.

Scamper change was what I was hoping for. Removed energy cost with a decent but not over the top drawback.

Defense Screen, we'll see how it works before I give the final thumbs up.

And, no more immortal Scoundrel healers vs under geared dps in PvP. All around not bad changes. I hope this isn't it, but for once I have no complaints.
aikiwoce
Jeddit - r/swtor

Mularky
02.13.2014 , 02:52 PM | #4
The only part I am worried about K.O. not knocking people down. I feel that the idea of the scoundrel was getting your burst off before you could get stunned. Every time I open up on someone I see that they are spend an entire 15 secs just trying to stun me.
<Ascendancy>

<YES>

Chaos_Distortion
02.13.2014 , 02:56 PM | #5
These are over all good changes to the class, I hope to see a lot less complaints from people now. Good scoundrels will still do good and the bads ones will get killed faster now, stopping a lot of the complaints from people claiming that all scoundrels are unkillable.
Empathetic (Chaos Legacy): 50 Scoundrel (Sawbones) Healer, Empathetic: 50 Sage (Seer) Healer on Helm of Graush and various other Alts.
Been playing pvp Support/Healing in nearly every MMO since 1997 UO.

Chaos_Distortion
02.13.2014 , 02:57 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Mularky View Post
The only part I am worried about K.O. not knocking people down. I feel that the idea of the scoundrel was getting your burst off before you could get stunned. Every time I open up on someone I see that they are spend an entire 15 secs just trying to stun me.
We'll be fine, it will finally stop all the complaints from people that claim that stun locking Scoundrels lead people to unsub (Which is a joke in itself.), rofl.
Empathetic (Chaos Legacy): 50 Scoundrel (Sawbones) Healer, Empathetic: 50 Sage (Seer) Healer on Helm of Graush and various other Alts.
Been playing pvp Support/Healing in nearly every MMO since 1997 UO.

jack__
02.13.2014 , 03:05 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Mularky View Post
Yes it is a real pity that they removed one of a scrappers signiture talents and they replaced it with something so lacklustre. Personally I would like to see this change not to go through to live as it was something that experienced players never complained about, only the bads who complain on the forum about losing a 2v1 against 2 middle tree scoundrels. For Bioware to actually have listened to these players is disheartening, while our requests for some flat damage reduction to be added have been completely ignored. The defense screen buff will be nice, but without that scoundrels will still be passively squishy.
"Better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt." -Abraham Lincoln

Mularky
02.13.2014 , 03:07 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Chaos_Distortion View Post
We'll be fine, it will finally stop all the complaints from people that claim that stun locking Scoundrels lead people to unsub (Which is a joke in itself.), rofl.
At least they didn't nerf our damage. I think KO gave the class the advantage other than stealth and scrapper really depends on it with shoot first.
<Ascendancy>

<YES>

foxmob
02.13.2014 , 03:08 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Aikion View Post
INow that the stun is off Shoot First I hope we'll see less QQ about Scrapper/Concealment in PvP.
umm...not sure what to make of this. scrappers are very squishy. their defenses are paltry compared to other melee classes. that knockdown protects them. now they're gonna take dmg sooner, and they 're already very fragile. also makes it ridiculously easy to nullify their opening burst with a neural surge or a nade (don't need to be facing them for that). I'd hope that they'd get some sort of aoe resistance buff or something to up their melee survivability.
Krackerjäck VG | Krackerjak PT | Krackcommando | Deinon Merc | other stuff on Jedi Covenant.
Quote: Originally Posted by Jadescythe View Post
TL;DR Bolster is meant to help entry level players, ranked PvP is not entry level PvP.

Mularky
02.13.2014 , 03:13 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by foxmob View Post
umm...not sure what to make of this. scrappers are very squishy. their defenses are paltry compared to other melee classes. that knockdown protects them. now they're gonna take dmg sooner, and they 're already very fragile. also makes it ridiculously easy to nullify their opening burst with a neural surge or a nade (don't need to be facing them for that). I'd hope that they'd get some sort of aoe resistance buff or something to up their melee survivability.
Agree with a 100% although I respect Chaos's opinion on the matter it will stop the QQ but I agree the other changes 100%. The change to KO needs to be reconsidered.
<Ascendancy>

<YES>