Class Changes Coming in Game Update 2.7

EricMusco

• Dev Post

Hey folks!

As you may have seen me mention yesterday, our goal today was to post some of the class changes that are coming in Game Update 2.7. Below you will find links to individual threads for each class that is currently receiving changes in 2.7. I want to stress that this is not a comprehensive list of all of the class changes coming in 2.7. As the Combat team continues their work and more changes are implemented, I will be sure to pass them on. With that being said, here is the initial list!

Sorcerer // Sage

Marauder // Sentinel

Juggernaut // Guardian

Sniper // Gunslinger

Operative // Scoundrel

One thing to keep in mind is that Game Update 2.7 marks the end of Season 1 of Ranked Arenas. You will notice quite a few of these changes are targetted at PvP specifically, it is our goal that you will typically see "bigger" Class PvP changes between seasons. On the topic of seasons, it is our goal that either tomorrow or early next week we will be publishing a blog with all of the nitty gritty details around the end of Season 1. You will get to see the rewards we have planned for Season 1 and the ranks required to achieve them. I am very excited for you guys to see them.

Thanks everyone.

-eric

Edited by EricMusco

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DPS Mercs / Commandos still don't work in ranked pvp and nobody would even consider using them for a good team. Can you guys please fix this AC ASAP, thanks.

Also please look into removing dps that are qued for 4v4 arenas changing stances to guard a player, it is really a big advantage in solos to have a guard.

Edited by DkSharktooth

Where is the Tech Override/Power Surge changes?

Or are we supposed to just be grateful you acknowledged the biggest problems that Commandos/Mercenaries?

Or does it actually take 6 months to alter the cooldown of an ability?

re-read the part where he said this wasn't all the changes coming in 2.7...

Where is the Tech Override/Power Surge changes?

Or are we supposed to just be grateful you acknowledged the biggest problems that Commandos/Mercenaries?

Or does it actually take 6 months to alter the cooldown of an ability?

It's ok Cash...they probably just looked at the classes on the PvP Leader Boards and made changes to those classes...I can see how we were overlooked.

re-read the part where he said this wasn't all the changes coming in 2.7...

So that means he's not allowed to bring forth a concern? Some of us don't blindly trust the devs, and I suggest you stop doing so as well. Besides, when was the last time they said "this isn't the entirety of the changes coming in X.Y", and it actually turned out they had more changes on the way for that patch? Idk why you're trying to stifle discussion.

So that means he's not allowed to bring forth a concern? Some of us don't blindly trust the devs, and I suggest you stop doing so as well. Besides, when was the last time they said "this isn't the entirety of the changes coming in X.Y", and it actually turned out they had more changes on the way for that patch? Idk why you're trying to stifle discussion.

2.6 was the last time

My Main for both sides is a Juggernaut and a Guardian. and let me say with this for a unlooked at balance.

They shouldn't be able to change lightsaber stances so easily. They should be a channel like it is for Troopers and Bounty Hunters. We lose our focus when changing? 3 abilities and we get it all back to full or spec dependant getting hit charges it up too. It should be a cast, because its to easy for jugs and guardians to switch stances to their Leisure to get free guarding points in pvp. We should be working harder to get them. and this is a way to do it.

Yes, I am saying nerf my mostly played class.

Edited by Magnusheart

Loving these changes! Sure Focus Spec got nerfed a bit, but now it'll be in line with everything else and if I am correct the new Dotsmash dies with that though I'm probably wrong. The buff to survivability for Agent classes is great as well. The changes to Juggs is spectacular. My biggest highlight for all of this. Nice job! :D

All I'm saying is you're shooting your gun before they've said move your selector switch from safe to fire

That makes no sense. They listed the proposed changes, the listed the classes they WERE changing...Commando/Merc isn't on that list. What the hell are you talking about? It's not "too soon"...it's too freaking late. They skipped us...again...they ALWAYS skip Merc/Mando for some flipping reason, despite the amazing amount of agreement they seemed to have with the Merc top 3 issues thread...they've still failed to do jack about it.

That makes no sense. They listed the proposed changes, the listed the classes they WERE changing...Commando/Merc isn't on that list. What the hell are you talking about? It's not "too soon"...it's too freaking late. They skipped us...again...they ALWAYS skip Merc/Mando for some flipping reason, despite the amazing amount of agreement they seemed to have with the Merc top 3 issues thread...they've still failed to do jack about it.

It makes plenty sense.

I want to stress that this is not a comprehensive list of all of the class changes coming in 2.7.

This isn't everything... I don't see how all you people seem to overlook this.

It makes plenty sense.

This isn't everything... I don't see how all you people seem to overlook this.

Because that sentence is IN EVERY SINGLE PATCH NOTE POST. At this point it is meaningless, especially when the overwhelming majority of patches have gone to live with ZERO changes to the notes that first went to PTS.