Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Cybertech] Move Armorings to Armortech and Synthweaving and Grenades to Armstech?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
[Cybertech] Move Armorings to Armortech and Synthweaving and Grenades to Armstech?

Khevar
02.11.2014 , 05:39 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Schanez View Post
But you just prooven my point. Modifications from Crew Skills should have a version that is superior to any obtainable by other means.

I understand the philosophy. It would be one that puts crafters at the top of the "food chain" of obtaining the very best gear.

Grade 27 gear used to be the top-tier gear (and was craftable). This resulted in vast profits for crafters that managed to unlock those schematics (on the order of magnitude of hundreds of millions of credits). BUT It also had the side effect of reducing raiding. Why work hard to run HM TfB when you could just run dailies and buy your gear on the GTN?

Now, when 2.0 dropped, the devs made a decision to make end-game crafting secondary to actually running operations. Grade 30 gear was craftable, Grade 31 gear game from operations. When the next tier of gear was released, Grade 31 gear became craftable.

It's the way it is, and you'll have to live with it. The best gear comes from raids, and won't change anytime soon (and I personally hope it stays this way).

If you think this will prevent you from making major credits doing crafting, you're wrong. If you want tips or advice on how to make millions under the current marketplace, there are plenty of threads in this very forum to help you do so.

Schanez
02.12.2014 , 12:55 AM | #22
I am not saying that the proffesions are now not profitable. I was missunderstood a little. What I said was a proposition. Either add some unique features for proffesions or let them have those top tier mods. I now know that the later is a bad idea, as it was tried and failed. Ok, you have your point.

So how about adding those unique features to proffesions that lack them now? Cybertech has Grenades, Sppeders. What should Synthweavers, Armstech or Armormech get? And are we talking about crafting proffesions only or should gathersing get something similar too?

Right now moving things out of Cybertech would criple a lot of players and make a lot more very unhappy.

Khevar
02.12.2014 , 01:13 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Schanez View Post
I am not saying that the proffesions are now not profitable. I was missunderstood a little. What I said was a proposition. Either add some unique features for proffesions or let them have those top tier mods. I now know that the later is a bad idea, as it was tried and failed. Ok, you have your point.

So how about adding those unique features to proffesions that lack them now? Cybertech has Grenades, Sppeders. What should Synthweavers, Armstech or Armormech get? And are we talking about crafting proffesions only or should gathersing get something similar too?

Right now moving things out of Cybertech would criple a lot of players and make a lot more very unhappy.
What I would like to see for Armormech and Synthweaving is the ability to RE any green armor in the game for a change to learn a schematic for a moddable version of that same gear.

Seems unlikely as the CM thrives on new the gear designs.

But I remember on my Operative, I found this completely perfect Imperial Officer's uniform at some low level. It was a green, non-moddable gear. But it looked so freaking awesome that I kept it for many many levels until I was so undergeared that it became a problem. How cool would it be to be able to learn that schematic.

Alas.

AlrikFassbauer
02.12.2014 , 10:55 AM | #24
To me, a Grenade is a weapon. That's why I never understood why it was listed under "Cybertech".
"Just say no." If you feel like you are only there for generating Comms for someone else, then just stay away from PvP. Don't let yourself get farmed !