Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The weird people you meet in Group Finder.

Uber_the_Goober
02.12.2014 , 10:11 AM | #2011
Hammer Station...I queued on my Mando as DPS and Heals...despite having zero points in the heal tree.

We were fine. I healed.
POT5 COMMANDO - CAPTAIN OBV'IOUS
SENTINEL - PICKLE'JAR

AMONG OTHERS...
See you in the warzones, muppets.

darkmauleous
02.12.2014 , 10:40 AM | #2012
Quote: Originally Posted by toha View Post
Just to make sure: you did tell the others that you're tanking right?
Because if a tank sucks that's one problem, when a Dps decides he's the new tank because the player that qued as tank sucks that's another.
From me on my healers you would have gotten a quick "stop tanking", for 2 reasones :
1) There's a tank already, and you're just making me work twice as much keeping you both alive.
2) At HS no one has a lot of abilities, not the tank, not the dps, and definitely not the healer. So expect diminished resultes even from good players.
YEAH the player wasn't responding so i told the healer and other dps that i was going to start tanking. The healer started to heal me during the fights and so it was all good. Thats also a true point but i was only 18 and the vanguard was 20. I even had one taunt so i would hope that he would have one too.
The Warby Legacy
Mauleos- Lightning Sorc, Gerick-Marksman Sniper Matimatnos- Annihlation Marauder
Blatsphere-Bodyguard Merc, Himmian- Defense Guardian, Oss'hausnam-Kinetic
Combat Shadow
, Warthoga- Assult Spec Commando

toha
02.12.2014 , 12:27 PM | #2013
Quote: Originally Posted by Uber_the_Goober View Post
Hammer Station...I queued on my Mando as DPS and Heals...despite having zero points in the heal tree.

We were fine. I healed.
Not saying that it can't be done, just getting my point of view out, and going by posts on this thread it's one that's shared by many.
IMO: can't do your role, don't que for it. que for something that you can.
This wasn't my point anyway, it was about communication in the group.
And with this I'm done hijacking this thread, I love it too much
Quote: Originally Posted by Essence_of_Light View Post
Nobody wants your scams.

And if you spent your time doing this, then you are a fool. Shoo, shoo. Get lost.

wingzerokia
02.12.2014 , 12:52 PM | #2014
Not saying that it can't be done, just getting my point of view out, and going by posts on this thread it's one that's shared by many.
Toha, that is a very true statement, the amount of times I've done flashpoints, and I have never seen a good shadow/assassin tank, my Vanguard (shield spec) when I que up as DPS, I switch off my Ion cell and swap over to another option (sometimes I leave ion cell up, I have a few things that have a higher trigger rate with it up) and I have never seen a shadow that can tank half as well as I can with my vanguard.

Usually by the first boss in an FP, I get a /whisper from the healer asking me to take over as tank. Mind you, I am always no matter my class or role that I am playing trying to keep things off the healer....

I've healed on my arsenal spec merc, DPS'ed on my shield spec vanguard, you just have to do things a little differently, and keep a level head I think... well some situational awareness doesn't hurt either I think. And for the love of the force, if you don't know what you are doing in the FP, speak up!

Uber_the_Goober
02.12.2014 , 01:13 PM | #2015
Yeah, and this is why after that FP, I do'nt queue for heals anymore. The content doesn't allow for it. But in low level stuff, DPS and Heals are essentially the same.
SENTINEL - PICKLE'JAR

AMONG OTHERS...

Khevar
02.12.2014 , 02:13 PM | #2016
Just as a comment, the poster you replied to was referring to Hammer Station, a 13-17 flashpoint. At that level there's no difference between a dps doing off healing and a healer doing off dpsing.

DalekTheCat
02.12.2014 , 03:01 PM | #2017
My op healer is overgeared for 55HM flashpoints, so at this point when when I zone in to find sub-24k health dps I am thrilled at the prospect of a challenge.

Still, I remain baffled that so many people manage to get to max level without knowing even basic things like "kill small mobs before the elites so the healer does not get eaten", or "maybe don't hit the Enhanced Vrblther on the other side of the room while the tank is trying to move it into position", or "oh look there is a red circle under my feet maybe I need to not be right here", or "hmm the boss hits me for over half my health whenever X happens, maybe I should not be there when X happens".

Yesterday I had a 24k marauder in CZ Meltdown who kept dropping the lightning pools right in the middle where we were fighting, who wouldn't help kill the adds, and who wouldn't move out of the lightning.

I advised him to move, and his response was, "Hey man get off my case: I just hit 55." Which my brain translated as, "Hey I just hit 55, how am I supposed to know to move out of the pool of horrible painful lightning death that is killing me?"

He didn't die, cuz I try to be professional and cool. Also I might be an enabler.

Uber_the_Goober
02.12.2014 , 03:06 PM | #2018
Quote: Originally Posted by DalekTheCat View Post
My op healer is overgeared for 55HM flashpoints, so at this point when when I zone in to find sub-24k health dps I am thrilled at the prospect of a challenge.

Still, I remain baffled that so many people manage to get to max level without knowing even basic things like "kill small mobs before the elites so the healer does not get eaten", or "maybe don't hit the Enhanced Vrblther on the other side of the room while the tank is trying to move it into position", or "oh look there is a red circle under my feet maybe I need to not be right here", or "hmm the boss hits me for over half my health whenever X happens, maybe I should not be there when X happens".

Yesterday I had a 24k marauder in CZ Meltdown who kept dropping the lightning pools right in the middle where we were fighting, who wouldn't help kill the adds, and who wouldn't move out of the lightning.

I advised him to move, and his response was, "Hey man get off my case: I just hit 55." Which my brain translated as, "Hey I just hit 55, how am I supposed to know to move out of the pool of horrible painful lightning death that is killing me?"

He didn't die, cuz I try to be professional and cool. Also I might be an enabler.
You need to let the dps die when they act up. They're expendable. If the dps don't follow the rules, then let them die until they drop group. Then requeue, or just pull out a companion.
SENTINEL - PICKLE'JAR

AMONG OTHERS...

AdirahBerkovich
02.13.2014 , 12:45 AM | #2019
You know, I almost expected to spot myself in this thread at one point or another.
I'd just rolled a Jugger, intending to spec her into tanking-- so all the way through DK, I was getting frustrated that every loot drop was for a Inq (no big, I let my sister have it since she was leveling a Sorc alongside me), but the first fp we queued up for, man, we wiped, and wiped, and wiped. I admit, it was mostly my fault; still wearing med greens off Korriban. Had a sniper ragequit on us on the laser droid, but our op stuck through 'til the end (somehow we (and our dpsing replacement) kicked the stuffing out of the final boss).

Jugger's now on Hoth, properly geared, properly specced, and r e a l l y nice at holding aggro off both my sister and our companions (Jaesa may be a little problematic since she likes to jump at the same target but it dies pretty quickly).

On to other, strange stories, though.
Running a Dirty Fighter specced smuggler, queue up and into Hammer Station (again, I know). Make it halfway through with no hitches, and here's where it got a little weird. Lost both tank and healer to aggro from below off a mob knockback, then both of them jumping down to fight (we'd taken the elevator, see). Which leaves me, dps spec scoundrel, and a commando, also pure dps. Well, LoS comes in very handy, there. Park the commando, in heavy armor right out there where everything can see him, park my own skinny Twi'lek shebs by the elevator where I can pop my basic heals on him while he wipes the others out.
One turret left; he can't get to it without pissing off the last droid over there. No problem, thinks the scoundrel. Promptly pull a Disappearing Act, stealths off to behind the turret, and we proceed to kick the living daylights out of it. Then, up we rez our downed tank and healer, and the rest of the flashpoint is sliced uj cake.

Haven't had any problems with Maras in flashpoints, actually; most of my problems turn out to be overload-button-smash Sin dpsers (one particular sod kept breaking cc, scattering my targets and was likely in tank stance (never had time to look at it and I probably should have let him die a couple times to get the hint) given my issues holding aggro in a flashpoint where I could and was actively using taunt, chilling scream (aoe taunt) and bash (high threat generation) in conjunction with sister's threat drop and popping the threat generation cooldowns whenever they decided to take a smack at someone else).

Essence_of_Light
02.13.2014 , 01:20 AM | #2020
Quote: Originally Posted by Stormbreakerooo View Post
This individual has been ninja looting. Won't name "names"[/URL]
Reported. DON'T click that link, it is a scam and leads to his Refer a Friend page (exploit).

Just report him, put him on ignore and move on.

If you've already clicked the link though, either call up Customer Support or Email them at Support@swtor.com to get you removed from his Friend Refer list. As long as you stay on his list he gets free CCs and benefits, so make sure to get yourself removed.
For the Republic!
Click my referral link here for 7 free days as sub, free server transfer, free CC unlocks, and other bonuses!