Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Class Representatives Returning!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Class Representatives Returning!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Elfa
02.12.2014 , 09:10 AM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by Reno_Tarshil View Post
It got shadows their supposed improvements while removing one of the best parts about being a shadow tank, self healing, even though they were fine before.
Exactly, we tell them what we ask them questions, tell them what we think should be done and then they do what they want.
Quote: Originally Posted by Lunafox View Post
Calm down, I'd hardly call that whining. He just asked a question. Go have a coffee and calm down. Jeepers.
Lunafox nailed it. This is correct.

Ottoattack
02.12.2014 , 09:20 AM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by Suzina View Post
My thoughts exactly.

The previous class-representative team did not result in desired changes if I recfall. Rather, it was used as a way to make people believe that class-balance was coming and a means to talk-down to players about how to play. (Type "just Heal to full" on youtube to hear a musical reaction to one of the class-balance posts). And yeah, I think they were just posts were they not? Simply dev posts about why the balances desired by the player base were not necessary.

The "Heal to Full" post was probably the most simultaneously arrogant and ignorant, but overall even the best class-balance dev posts were damaging to community relations. The good news is, if they want to effect change they don't need to wait for new representatives. Bioware can refer back to the feedback given by the first set of representatives as those issues are largely the same.
I think you have a perception problem .

TBF, some classes did improve, but the credit does not go to the class representative. For example, PTs told that everything was fine and it is a perception problem in the responses, then went around and buffed everything in 2.4, but sorc did not get crap.

dscount
02.12.2014 , 09:35 AM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by Suzina View Post
My thoughts exactly.

The previous class-representative team did not result in desired changes if I recfall. Rather, it was used as a way to make people believe that class-balance was coming and a means to talk-down to players about how to play. (Type "just Heal to full" on youtube to hear a musical reaction to one of the class-balance posts). And yeah, I think they were just posts were they not? Simply dev posts about why the balances desired by the player base were not necessary.

The "Heal to Full" post was probably the most simultaneously arrogant and ignorant, but overall even the best class-balance dev posts were damaging to community relations. The good news is, if they want to effect change they don't need to wait for new representatives. Bioware can refer back to the feedback given by the first set of representatives as those issues are largely the same.
This times 1000... at least for Sage/Sorc community some excellent feedback has been provided a great many times.
Sage/Sorc Gate 2013 Combat DEV LOL Responses:
"...you must play defensively and make them pay for trying to kill you."
"...require a higher skill level than many players are comfortable with."

JediMasterSLC
02.12.2014 , 09:46 AM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by SW-TORtanic View Post
Firstly, to clear things up all I'm saying is that IMO I think PT DPS needs to be looked at with possible nerfs. I never said that Conceal/Scrapper needs a nerf, but they need changes that aren't nerfs. I know because I used to play one. Other classes are either fine or just need buffs.

I know class balance will never be perfect, but it seems like this is such a sensitive topic because those who dare say anything about a certain class/spec that needs a nerf or at least needs to be looked at is called a "bad". No one should be afraid of bringing up classes they feel are a bit too weak or a bit too overpowered. This type of discussion is necessary for improved balance in PvP.

You also said something about their HTL ability, but it's not like that's all they'll do. I just have a problem with them always seemingly being able to activate their utilities/defensive CDs frequently. I don't know if it's me, but that's the class I have the most trouble going up against. Other classes I really have no quarrels with in terms of OP-ness. I've also talked to other players about this in general and they seem to agree with me, for the most part.

Are there any classes/specs you think need a nerf? If so why? You know, I see many players saying that this game's balance is better than any other MMO that's available yet there's still countless threads being made in periods of time about certain classes/specs. Things like Op healers are bit of a concern, but IMO I think this class/spec was made more of a concern in terms of its OP-ness because of how better it can perform in healing in 4v4s unlike a squishy Sage or a more of a single-target/support Mando healer. What I said about Op heals is just an example.
Sorry dude, but if you think pyro PT is OP... I just don't think Dany and I would be willing to invest the time required to convince you of reality. You obviously haven't played recently. Not saying it's not underpowered though.... honestly, I think it's pretty balanced.
55s: POT5- Kakarrotx-Sent, Paraguss-Sorc, Brawlly-Jug, Meleehealer-Mara
Bastion- Greenn-Mando, Radishz-Scoundrel, Trunkks-Shadow, Burdok-Sniper, Lettucce-PT

Reno_Tarshil
02.12.2014 , 09:49 AM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by Elfa View Post
Exactly, we tell them what we ask them questions, tell them what we think should be done and then they do what they want.
Where'd your weird avatar go?

But yeah. The shadows wanted change and they got change. (even if it wasn't needed)
The Ragestar Legacy
[Living Legend]
"Deal with it."
http://www.swtor.com/r/kpq6FY for free stuffs

Ghost_Spectre
02.12.2014 , 10:25 AM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey folks,

Now that we are past the launch of Game Update 2.6, it is time for the return of the Class Representative initiative! Over the course of this week I am going to start reaching out to those former Reps who had yet to submit their top 3. Early next week I will talk a little bit more about how the process will work and the schedule for when each Class will be submitting their top 3. Thank you all for your patience, I know it was quite some time ago that we took a break on this.

If there is a situation where a Class Rep is no longer available, I will reach out to whomever was nearest to them in the original nomination. If that doesn't work they I may just have their mirror Rep submit their top 3, we'll see.

Thanks everyone.

-eric
Really, so do the Sorcerer/Sage players have to look forward to being told to L2P, H2F, and Make Them Pay again?

Personally, based on documented history of this game's developers, Class Reps are a waste of everyone's time because the developers do not care what we have to offer or suggest. Don't bother. BW will do what they want regardless of player's concerns and suggests.
Azumi Veng Juggernaut Imperius Deception Sin Demonicus Healing Sorceress
Tempest TK Sage Requiem Guardian Tank Sei-Cair Gunnery Commando
Starchild Legacy Jedi Convenant Guild Light/Dark Holiday

GalacticKegger
02.12.2014 , 11:20 AM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by JediMasterSLC View Post
Sorry dude, but if you think pyro PT is OP... I just don't think Dany and I would be willing to invest the time required to convince you of reality. You obviously haven't played recently. Not saying it's not underpowered though.... honestly, I think it's pretty balanced.
Recently?
"I bled protecting The People's right to free speech; thus I reserve the right to make them bleed for abusing it."
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ~ Edmund Burke‎
"There is no instance of a country having benefitted from a prolonged war." ~ Sun Tsu

AdrianDmitruk
02.12.2014 , 11:50 AM | #38
So does this mean that the H2F, Make Them Pay answers to sorc class questions will actually be repealed and replaced with bona fide answers to the questions raised?

Does this mean we'll finally get a yellow response to the Musco-initiated Sorcerer Changes Brainstorming thread, now with 500 posts of feedback?

Will corruption healers ever be able to call their Overload (or Whirlwind, for that matter), worthy of "Making Them Pay?" Will I ever be able to run a full 36-point spec in PVP again or am I locked into the nerfed bubblestun hybrid for as long as I wish to punish myself with sorc healing? (As I said on the feedback thread bubblestun hybrid is really the only build sorcs have that can H2f and Make Them Pay as instructed by the Combat Team.)

Or will this entire exercise simply generate another meme-worthy H2F, Make Them Pay response?
Adrian-Defense Guardian | Kerrik-Vigilance Guardian | Matari-Scoundrel Healer | Treston-Pyromaniac Vanguard | Eamen-Sage Healer
Kendrew-Op Healer | Andreus-Sorc Healer | Matarion-Juggernaut Smasher
The Makaryk Legacy of Healing to Full - Begeren Colony
The Heal to Full and Make Them Pay Show

DarthOvertone
02.12.2014 , 12:07 PM | #39
Haven't all the former Class Representatives quit the game at this point?
War Hero Alphabolt - Garbage S1-Champion Van | The Bastion
Conqueror Alphazen - Shadow | Battlemaster Alphabain - Scoundrel | War Hero Alphanoob - PT
Jung Ma | Conqueror Alphabond - Sniper | Conqueror Alphamaul - Marauder | Champion Alphafett - Mercenary
I See Your Schwartz Is As Big As Mine!

EricMusco
02.12.2014 , 12:20 PM | #40 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Quote: Originally Posted by AdrianDmitruk View Post
So does this mean that the H2F, Make Them Pay answers to sorc class questions will actually be repealed and replaced with bona fide answers to the questions raised?

Does this mean we'll finally get a yellow response to the Musco-initiated Sorcerer Changes Brainstorming thread, now with 500 posts of feedback?

Will corruption healers ever be able to call their Overload (or Whirlwind, for that matter), worthy of "Making Them Pay?" Will I ever be able to run a full 36-point spec in PVP again or am I locked into the nerfed bubblestun hybrid for as long as I wish to punish myself with sorc healing? (As I said on the feedback thread bubblestun hybrid is really the only build sorcs have that can H2f and Make Them Pay as instructed by the Combat Team.)

Or will this entire exercise simply generate another meme-worthy H2F, Make Them Pay response?
Hey Adrian!

This is a good question! My goal would be to not provide new meme ammunition in the answers . However, there are some changes coming to Sorcs/Sages in Game Update 2.7 which we are aiming to post about tomorrow. My hope is that the community feels that they are good changes and feel it addresses the feedback provided!

I will have more info tomorrow.

-eric

PS - Other classes are receiving changes as well, look for that info tomorrow.
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]