Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Raptus 8man HM - bugs that make this fight very very hard

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Raptus 8man HM - bugs that make this fight very very hard

Evolixe
02.11.2014 , 06:42 PM | #11
We got a 3rd set of Datacrons/Holocrons but never a 3rd challenge, it was kind of weird.

He also did a Rising Slash instantly after force execution lmfao.
Evolixe [ToFN/PoT5] Exilove
PvE AMR - Livestream - PvP AMR - BiS PvP Mad/Bal - BiS PvP Dec/Infi
Quote:
Open yourself to suggestions from others.
There is so much to be learned from other people no matter how good you are.

Ancaglon
02.13.2014 , 07:43 AM | #12
I also believe something has changed in the latest patch (on Monday 10th Feb). We'd been doing Raptus every week with little difficulty for months, then Tuesday we wiped twice on him at the end of the evening (we'd already done all of DF HM) -- we assumed it was because people were getting tired and we'd easily finish him on Wednesday. It actually took us over 2 hours on Wednesday to beat him, and only once we'd noticed the weird aggro switches to the person that had been kiting him during the Challenges phase and watch aggro like hawks.

Whichever developer has been fiddling with that event, stop it, and put it back the way it was.

Omophorus
02.13.2014 , 11:19 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Ancaglon View Post
I also believe something has changed in the latest patch (on Monday 10th Feb). We'd been doing Raptus every week with little difficulty for months, then Tuesday we wiped twice on him at the end of the evening (we'd already done all of DF HM) -- we assumed it was because people were getting tired and we'd easily finish him on Wednesday. It actually took us over 2 hours on Wednesday to beat him, and only once we'd noticed the weird aggro switches to the person that had been kiting him during the Challenges phase and watch aggro like hawks.

Whichever developer has been fiddling with that event, stop it, and put it back the way it was.
The aggro switches aren't new, but 2.6 did exacerbate the issue and it seems like Raptus' knockback/knock up are pushing people further. We had to change how we face him and where we position our group because we were having repeated issues with tanks being launched off the side from slap-bang in the middle (tanking just far enough past the Stair of Death™ to avoid gibbing our Marauder, facing sides so that ranged can stay near crystals, same as pretty much everyone else).
Srs'bsns, GM of <Proper Villains> of The Ebon Hawk
5/5 Nightmare Power DF & DP
"This is why we don't bring Assassin tanks"

chuixupu
02.13.2014 , 01:14 PM | #14
It would be nice if his aggro table wasn't so damn weird.
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant

VoW_LugNut
02.13.2014 , 07:33 PM | #15
Meh, the seemingly random target swaps are the only thing keeping this fight interesting. I still remember the greatest one I was a part of in 16 man where a dps pulled at the wrong time and he did his gigantic purple sweeping knockback (whatever the f it's called) and 6 out of the 10 dps got knocked off the side lol.
Lugnut - PT Tank
Hatred - The Harbinger
Quote: Originally Posted by BruceMaclean View Post
16-man is also more forgiving to mistakes and should increase the chances of a successful group.

DarthScruffy
02.13.2014 , 07:35 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by VoW_LugNut View Post
Meh, the seemingly random target swaps are the only thing keeping this fight interesting. I still remember the greatest one I was a part of in 16 man where a dps pulled at the wrong time and he did his gigantic purple sweeping knockback (whatever the f it's called) and 6 out of the 10 dps got knocked off the side lol.
And you still cleared, right?

VoW_LugNut
02.13.2014 , 07:39 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthScruffy View Post
And you still cleared, right?
Yup. Seems he doesn't have a hard enrage lol

Not sure if that one was the funniest moment I've seen in these new ops or when a dps started combat with calphayus before the tanks were ready, half the raid got the debuff and then died to the red circle right afterwards. Luckily we had both tanks still up so we just taunted him back and forth for a bit while the operatives rezzed everyone, then downed the boss lol.
Lugnut - PT Tank
Hatred - The Harbinger
Quote: Originally Posted by BruceMaclean View Post
16-man is also more forgiving to mistakes and should increase the chances of a successful group.

Ancaglon
02.14.2014 , 05:52 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Omophorus View Post
The aggro switches aren't new, but 2.6 did exacerbate the issue and it seems like Raptus' knockback/knock up are pushing people further.
It's not "2.6". We did him with no problems last week (2.6 dropped on Tuesday 4th Feb). We also had not seen Raptus change target to someone during the Force Execution cast, and that caused at least 2 wipes.

About the push, this week my co-tank got knocked right out of the circle from the square in the middle of the area at least 3 times, and I only avoided such a fate one time because I hit one of the archways to the Trials.

Methoxa
02.14.2014 , 06:21 AM | #19
I like the fight despite his "bugs". I think its a way to make a boss more appealing by inserting randomfactors in it. He is still killable and besides that its the funniest fight i've seen in a long time. He truly deserves the knickname "Troll".
Conquerer of the Dread Fortress Methoxa - Gate Crasher - Black Bantha - Vanjervalis Chain EU

Leafy_Bug
02.14.2014 , 06:31 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Evolixe View Post
We got a 3rd set of Datacrons/Holocrons but never a 3rd challenge, it was kind of weird.

He also did a Rising Slash instantly after force execution lmfao.

I remember that, I almost landed in the Force Execution red circle . I found the video of that fight. After working and raiding everyday, I have reached my limit of DP/DF. I was so bored and sick of this operation I just wanted to get it done. Then we get to council and the bosses reset ... FML!