Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Are there any comm overlays that work with swtor?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Are there any comm overlays that work with swtor?

cfcstl
02.10.2014 , 06:40 PM | #1
Just wondering what operating system and comm program is compatible with swtor? Nothing I have works with xp32 bit.

Gyronamics
02.10.2014 , 07:05 PM | #2
Ventrillo
Mumble
TS3

All work for me on Win7 64bit with overlays
Hotwired

Niman, Tomb of Freedon Nadd, The Red Eclipse, Darth Malgus

The Immortals, The Lumberjacks, Nano, Not Good Enough, Disciples of Babylon, Salt Miners

Memo-
02.10.2014 , 07:17 PM | #3
Mumble- and TS3 overlays also work for on my old PC with winxp32bit.
Maliris | Dela-jaakko | Sakkó | Sóppa | Farís | Hedelmâ | Sopraano | Hálal
Rai'chu | Eettinen Luomu | Välí | Véres | Bas'so | Seven of-Nine | Jauhé | Banthan
Haram | Weímar | Ethawn | Kuiva | Altto | Keíno | Delaráh | Luccía | Stilva | Tenorí | Baritoni
The Red EclipseThe Lihavuori Legacy

danielau
02.11.2014 , 01:21 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by cfcstl View Post
Just wondering what operating system and comm program is compatible with swtor? Nothing I have works with xp32 bit.
Try running SWTOR in Windowed mode

Red_rocks
02.11.2014 , 02:35 AM | #5
TS3 overlay works best for me, I've never had much luck with the mumble one.

leto_cleon
02.11.2014 , 02:48 AM | #6
Hmm... for mumble, as of mumble-1.2.4-227-g1bd57bd, I have been able to start Mumble before SWTOR without SWTOR crashing. The overlay appears in SWTOR if Mumble is started first. This is using Windows 8.1 64-bit.

Prototypemind
02.11.2014 , 02:57 PM | #7
Freaking hate the new OverWolf that comes with the TS3 update. Says the old TS3 Overlay is not longer compatible.

AlixMV
02.12.2014 , 05:06 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by leto_cleon View Post
Hmm... for mumble, as of mumble-1.2.4-227-g1bd57bd, I have been able to start Mumble before SWTOR without SWTOR crashing. The overlay appears in SWTOR if Mumble is started first. This is using Windows 8.1 64-bit.
I use Mumble all the time, and just to add to this: you can start Mumble after running SWTOR and still get the overlay, but you have to do it before hitting the [Play] button after logging in.

If you start Mumble after hitting [Play], the overlay won't work. You have to quit out of SWTOR and restart it to get it working.

----

The Ventrilo overlay will work as soon as Overlay is enabled, regardless of program start order.
~ < Fortitude > ~ Jedi Covenant ~
Referral link
Sollyni ~ Annifryd
Ni'rys'hyl ~ Ydris ~ Mai'ty'lee

Ancaglon
02.14.2014 , 06:14 AM | #9
For me, the TS3 overlay worked most of the time, but I also discovered that it caused me to crash to desktop when changing areas, so it's now off, and I rely on the LCD display on my G150 keyboard.

DanNV
02.14.2014 , 07:59 PM | #10
I don't like the overlays, myself. I also had huge problems with TS after it had been running for a few weeks. It suddenly started broadcasting all the game audio, all the time. Had to go back to mumble.
Quote: Originally Posted by Rion_Starkiller View Post
Devs gambled everything on GC RNG, but they didn't even get green loot.
REGULATORS