Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Updated: How to Become a Contender

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Updated: How to Become a Contender

LtBombshell's Avatar


LtBombshell
12.12.2013 , 10:35 AM | #71
Maniac, in the guide you said there would be a section in mod-ripping and why it's a good idea, but there's no section on mod-ripping and why it's a good idea

ManiacDavis's Avatar


ManiacDavis
12.12.2013 , 06:14 PM | #72
Quote: Originally Posted by LtBombshell View Post
Maniac, in the guide you said there would be a section in mod-ripping and why it's a good idea, but there's no section on mod-ripping and why it's a good idea
It is a work in progress, i'm currently in finals for law school so when I get a free moment I'll update the guide. But for a sneak peek... the base mods that the pvp gear give you are not best in slot, it is advisable to get power heavy mods (For DPS). In addition, there is no reason to keep that ugly looking Obroan gear, go find a nice legacy set so you can gear two characters at once (you can mail legacy gear between characters even if the mods/armorings/enhancements are bound). Lastly, there are certain PvE combinations of mods that bolster better than pvp gear, it is truly an art form that only elite players take advantage of.
Man-iac - The Only Commando Left Standing
http://www.twitch.tv/rrmaniac

Lord_Garrex's Avatar


Lord_Garrex
01.15.2014 , 03:09 PM | #73
I wish I had read this guide prior to reaching level 55 and before blowing all of my war zone comms and ranked ones on adrenals, medpacs, and planetary comms. #facepalm

For the bit about consumables:

Are you able to RE war zone medpacs and adrenals with Biochem? That would be sick and save me a ton of additional comms moving forward.

funkiestj's Avatar


funkiestj
01.15.2014 , 05:50 PM | #74
Quote: Originally Posted by Lord_Garrex View Post
I wish I had read this guide prior to reaching level 55 and before blowing all of my war zone comms and ranked ones on adrenals, medpacs, and planetary comms. #facepalm

For the bit about consumables:

Are you able to RE war zone medpacs and adrenals with Biochem? That would be sick and save me a ton of additional comms moving forward.
I believe you can get the adrenal schematic from the PvP vendor. As far as I know, you can't craft the PvP medpac.


That said, after a week or two of doing WZs on a toon I usually have WZ medpacs and adrenals coming out my ears -- probably because I play until I clear my daily then switch to another toon. I easily have 1000 of each across various toons.

Mr. Hat says "BW support is the best"!
I am a bad player, so what?

Levram's Avatar


Levram
02.02.2014 , 07:41 AM | #75
Quote: Originally Posted by Shiala_X View Post
http://www.swtor.com/r/yLnxcK lock at this epic fail
Do not click the above link. It is SWTOR referral program fraud.
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Also I want to take this time to alert everyone of a forum rule. Due to the possible "trick" nature of using your referral link to trick someone into unintentionally becoming your referral, we are not allowing use of your referral links here on the forums until this issue is resolved. Whether that is being honest about what the link is, or trying to hide it, it will be removed. Any egregious breach of this rule can result in infraction points.

kcon's Avatar


kcon
02.10.2014 , 03:52 PM | #76
So i just ran through the amount of comms it takes to get full conq and it comes out to 12,500 even, but other than that it is a great guide for new players.

Great Job.

Vladnar's Avatar


Vladnar
04.12.2014 , 12:06 AM | #77
Such an excellent guide for all would-be pvpers out there, and for some whove been doing it a while no doubt.

Appreciated by all for the efforts, keep it up.
The time of the Empire is now truly upon us

Lunez's Avatar


Lunez
04.12.2014 , 09:37 PM | #78
Hi Maniac,

I was was pretty surprised to return to the game to find out someone revamped my old PvP Contender thread. I didn't even realize it wasn't mine until I tried to edit it and update the content, lol. That's when I realized it was a copy of mine with some different content added to it. I'm really glad someone ran with my old idea.

That said, the guide really is outdated and needs some work. I'd like to be able to edit some of my original content and send it to you so that we can make this a more appropriate guide for the current state of the game including all of the new additions to the game.

I think we could work together on this project if you didn't mind me getting back involved. What do you say? Send me a PM so we can exchange emails. I tried to send you one but your account doesn't allow PM's.

Cheers,

ManiacDavis's Avatar


ManiacDavis
04.16.2014 , 02:05 PM | #79
Quote: Originally Posted by Lunez View Post
Hi Maniac,

I was was pretty surprised to return to the game to find out someone revamped my old PvP Contender thread. I didn't even realize it wasn't mine until I tried to edit it and update the content, lol. That's when I realized it was a copy of mine with some different content added to it. I'm really glad someone ran with my old idea.

That said, the guide really is outdated and needs some work. I'd like to be able to edit some of my original content and send it to you so that we can make this a more appropriate guide for the current state of the game including all of the new additions to the game.

I think we could work together on this project if you didn't mind me getting back involved. What do you say? Send me a PM so we can exchange emails. I tried to send you one but your account doesn't allow PM's.

Cheers,
I sent you a PM.
Man-iac - The Only Commando Left Standing
http://www.twitch.tv/rrmaniac

Marxxis's Avatar


Marxxis
05.02.2014 , 06:08 AM | #80
I cannot find this Conqueror's PvP set you mention. Is it discontinued? I checked the PvP vendor and it isn't there.