Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

KDY Construction Kit's abysmal drop rate

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
KDY Construction Kit's abysmal drop rate

AelixVII
02.09.2014 , 04:48 PM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by Aries_cz View Post
The elite defenders are like the only thing that drops any rewards (reputation/kits) in the flashpoint, so what kind of insane logic is that?
I only started running this FP today but from what I've seen people were quite happy to do all of the level 20 bonuses but chose to skip all the elites.

So I got annoyed with that and now pull the elites myself... (and then end up losing out on the loot drops because people suddenly decide they needed that KDY and rep after all)

Infernixx
02.09.2014 , 05:04 PM | #32
As I said before, when we reach a month's worth of running this content and you still lack the kits you need and you can't pick them up for a pittance from the GTN due to people farming for them, then you have a legitimate complaint.

Until then, it's silly for people to complain about the drop-rate of pieces that you can't even use yet and won't be able to use for at least 5 weeks.
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Infernixx nailed it. This is correct.
Quote: Originally Posted by CosmicKat View Post
There is no excuse for any single use item to ever cost more than a month's subscription. Anyone who pays $10 or $20 for a single use item is hastening the death of TOR and feeding the rise of TOR:The Cash Shop Menace.

eartharioch
02.09.2014 , 05:44 PM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by morfius View Post
Both types count for bonus - kill elite defender part, so I may messed what kind was those.
But nope, no kits from them.
I was sloppy, KyaniteD is correct -- both the "unnamed" and "named" Elite Defenders count as Elite Defenders for the Bonus mission, but only the *named* ones drop the KDY Kits (but they do so 100% of the time, so the RNG is whether or not the Defender is "named"). I edited my previous post to reflect this.

Note, my comment was still correct -- for Dessler, most of the time you get a "Dessler's Assistant" that doesn't drop the speeder, rarely (1 in 120 or so) times do you get Martinique herself (and she always drops the speeder).
Q: What did the five fingers say to the face?
A: It's a SLAP!

Transairion
02.09.2014 , 10:48 PM | #34
Quote:
Three words for you: Cartel Market Certificates. Some Rep items are just not as readily had as others. The Kits are random drops, so they may take time to get or you may have to purchase them. You'll survive. You get the Taun Taun for free on Oricon, some things in game you just have to work for a different way.

A little more pew pew and you'll be good.
Actually Cartel Certificates are some of the easiest to get in the game since you literally pay for them instead of working: buying a Hypercrate usually drops heaps and I've got way more than I'd ever need.

And no, actually, I don't have that free Taun since nobody doing DP seems capable of finishing the Dread Council. I did, however, like so many other people spend quite some time on Hoth getting both tauntauns with TaunTaun Domestication Data.

The difference? Each nest had 3 taunlets, and each had a chance to result in data, and there was about 6 nests and multiple instances of Hoth. KDY you spend ten times as long for 3 chances total per FP, no instance hopping, you just need to run the FP again.... and again.... and again.... and again.... and each time you're still likely gonna see Load Lifter and the final boss won't drop squat.

Quote:
EDIT: *Named* Elite Defenders have a 100% KDY Kit drop rate -- apparently all of the champion mobs are called "Elite Defender", but mostly it will be some sort of loader bot, and rarely a *Named* Elite Defender. However, this is the same mechanism used in Dessler -- *Martinque Dessler* appears rarely (once every 10 hours, I believe), the other 120 or so times in that 10 hour block, it's a "Dessler's Assistance", which (like the "unnamed" Elite Defenders) doesn't drop the phat l00t.
Quote:
Note, my comment was still correct -- for Dessler, most of the time you get a "Dessler's Assistant" that doesn't drop the speeder, rarely (1 in 120 or so) times do you get Martinique herself (and she always drops the speeder).
Incorrect. I actually have Dessler, and yes she doesn't spawn often (though every 10 hours seem inaccurate as people have waited for like half a day or more and she doesn't show up). But the difference here is she doesn't drop Reputation items, she drops an actual Mount.

Would you really want to wait 10 hours and not get a Mount for your effort, but a Do-it-Yourself Dessler Kit? Of which you need 20 more to actually get the Mount?

That's basically what KDY Kits are, relying on Rare Spawns (aka most of the time never there) not to get the Mount itself, but to get the Currency to get Reputation items. If they just dropped the Mount (or any Reputation item itself) I wouldn't be complaining since that's in line with other Rare mobs (Rakghoul Champions, Dessler, Oricon mask guy), but all they drop is 1 of the currency.

Quote:
As I said before, when we reach a month's worth of running this content and you still lack the kits you need and you can't pick them up for a pittance from the GTN due to people farming for them, then you have a legitimate complaint.

Until then, it's silly for people to complain about the drop-rate of pieces that you can't even use yet and won't be able to use for at least 5 weeks.
Have you, you know, even BEEN to the Reputation vendor for KDY? Because if you had, you might notice that the Bomber Paint Job (1 KDY kit) and the Model Droid pet (4 KDY kits) only require Newcomer to use. Which is already easily passed within the first 12000 lockout, so yes, you CAN actually already spend these things.

I'm not really sure why KDY kits being tradeable on the GTN seems like something that isn't gonna get obliterated with the patch today either, but I guess we'll find out. I'm not really interested in paying upwards of 500k (to one milllion) credits just for currency other people got but didn't want...

TUXs
02.09.2014 , 11:21 PM | #35
Far too low imo.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force

My referral code: here (what you get here [FREE server transfer being a key perk!!])

eartharioch
02.10.2014 , 12:21 AM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by Transairion View Post
Incorrect. I actually have Dessler, and yes she doesn't spawn often (though every 10 hours seem inaccurate as people have waited for like half a day or more and she doesn't show up). But the difference here is she doesn't drop Reputation items, she drops an actual Mount.

Would you really want to wait 10 hours and not get a Mount for your effort, but a Do-it-Yourself Dessler Kit? Of which you need 20 more to actually get the Mount?

That's basically what KDY Kits are, relying on Rare Spawns (aka most of the time never there) not to get the Mount itself, but to get the Currency to get Reputation items. If they just dropped the Mount (or any Reputation item itself) I wouldn't be complaining since that's in line with other Rare mobs (Rakghoul Champions, Dessler, Oricon mask guy), but all they drop is 1 of the currency.
Whatever. I've tried Dessler at least five hours and got nothing; Dulfy indicates once every ten hours, the mobs respawn every 4.5 minutes or so, so that's about 12/hr for 10 hours, so that's where I got the 1 in 120 chance to randomly show up and have the mob actually be Dessler and not one of her assistants.

Regardless, I have 3 KDY kits in about 10 runs, so about 3 hours -- at this rate, I will have all I need way before I would get a Dessler. I would gladly trade 4 KDY kits for a Dessler Explorer, except you know, I can't.

Transairion
02.10.2014 , 12:34 AM | #37
Quote:
Whatever. I've tried Dessler at least five hours and got nothing; Dulfy indicates once every ten hours, the mobs respawn every 4.5 minutes or so, so that's about 12/hr for 10 hours, so that's where I got the 1 in 120 chance to randomly show up and have the mob actually be Dessler and not one of her assistants.

Regardless, I have 3 KDY kits in about 10 runs, so about 3 hours -- at this rate, I will have all I need way before I would get a Dessler. I would gladly trade 4 KDY kits for a Dessler Explorer, except you know, I can't.

Not saying your math/source is wrong, just that I don't think it's a literal once-every-10-hours rate from the stories I've heard.

Though, the thing is you wouldn't be able to trade 4 KDY kits for it anyway. The Mount costs 12, so you need to quadruple your drops and that's just for that, not the full 17 required to buy each time once (that's only 3 items as well).

It's basically Champion mob RNG for currency instead of an actual Rare drop (like a pet, Mount, adaptive gear) and so on... don't know why this Repuation currency they decided that was suitable.

Don't have to get Voss HappySticks from killing Champions to get Voss rewards why the heck is this one based around champions?

NoFishing
02.10.2014 , 12:35 AM | #38
KDY you spend ten times as long for 3 chances total per FP, no instance hopping, you just need to run the FP again.... and again.... and again.... and again.... and each time you're still likely gonna see Load Lifter and the final boss won't drop squat.
Or do what I do. If you only want the kit, pick up the FP, enter solo, kill enough trash in the random scenario to see if it has a load lifter or named defender. If it is a named defender, kill it and get your kit. Then exit, reset active phases, and enter again. Takes about 5 minutes.

From my farming tonight, I got 3 kits in 14 scenarios, about a 20% "drop" rate.

Transairion
02.10.2014 , 12:47 AM | #39
Quote:
Or do what I do. If you only want the kit, pick up the FP, enter solo, kill enough trash in the random scenario to see if it has a load lifter or named defender. If it is a named defender, kill it and get your kit. Then exit, reset active phases, and enter again. Takes about 5 minutes.

From my farming tonight, I got 3 kits in 14 scenarios, about a 20% "drop" rate.
That's significantly easier said than done if you're playing:

- a character in full 78 gear and a kitted out companion
- a tank with a healer companion
- Both

My most geared is a DPS Commando with a DPS HK-51 and that usually means such high-level champs designed for multiple people can't be solo'd, I can't solo the Bounty Week Heroics either.

eartharioch
02.10.2014 , 01:14 AM | #40
Not saying your math/source is wrong, just that I don't think it's a literal once-every-10-hours rate from the stories I've heard.

Though, the thing is you wouldn't be able to trade 4 KDY kits for it anyway. The Mount costs 12, so you need to quadruple your drops and that's just for that, not the full 17 required to buy each time once (that's only 3 items as well).
I'm not too impressed with the Kuat stuff, for some reason I thought somebody said 4, but I checked, and yeah, it's 12 for the mount, so still seems like about the same time for Dessler, except I get progress on the way instead of just all or nothing.

TBH, 4-5 mobs in a row is about all I can stomach on Dessler, so I haven't tried that much (like I said, about 5 hrs total). I don't if it's supposed to be every 10 hours (like on a cycle) or just avergage 1/10 hours, I know you have to kill the mobs to force the respawn. Still, I'd rather farm 12 KDY kits since (from what I've seen), I'm more confident on getting 12 of them before 1 Dessler (and that's assuming you are soloing, I run KDY from GF on lowbies, although I might see if my 55 conc op can take the Elites, since stealh+check seems like it would make things go pretty quickly).