Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Bad healer needs help

mikebevo
02.06.2014 , 12:07 AM | #51
Quote: Originally Posted by morfius View Post
Only way I see mobs on healer is when they are not hit at all or there is agro dump / no agro list mechanic ... healing agro is no issue for any sane tank over same mob.
Large part of it due this over-healing mechanics ... other games had it backward - over-heal was multiplied as agro.y
Most of it is bad players mechanic, tanks not taunting and dps not following kill order.

Adaliaya
02.07.2014 , 10:51 AM | #52
Yeah, aggro drop won't save me if anyone else doesnt have threat on mob. But with bad tank and DPS it still can be SOME use tough I admit, these situations are very few.

mikebevo
02.07.2014 , 11:16 AM | #53
Quote: Originally Posted by Adaliaya View Post
Yeah, aggro drop won't save me if anyone else doesnt have threat on mob. But with bad tank and DPS it still can be SOME use tough I admit, these situations are very few.
I've been running a bunch of random FP lately on my fresh 55 sage, she is already geared, but I leveled her DPS so I am teaching myself how to heal properly on her and I am after Social Points. Anyways I do see what you mean. DPS with tunnel vision only going after strong and elite targets and tanks not paying attention to the healer. Don't even get me started on gear, but there is a serious problem when the healer has more HP than the tank, and both dps combined. Then I am not helping matters, because of my gear level I am able to kill the weak mobs by spamming Force Quake and still keep everyone on their feet. So I am reenforcing bad habits that may not work if they get a fresh 55 healer that hasn't been healing since launch and hasn't used legacy and credits to gear.

I will say I am having to use cloud mind in some HMFPs when I get lucky enough to have groups ungeared for the content. I am having to DPS some and for the first time in 2 plus years playing this game as a healer I am pulling from tank, but it is entirely from doing dps and that is entirely from me having so much better gear than some of these players entering group finder. I have always been opposed to gearscore for group finder, but I am really starting to see the other sides point.

toha
02.08.2014 , 05:16 PM | #54
Quote: Originally Posted by Dodasa View Post
I healed a Cademimu where the tank stood in the fire died then cried. I stated cant heal thru the fire he said of sorry my bad. One of the dps stood and burned with him. Myself and the other dps finished near full health easily without them.
Yeah had that happen to me on my Sorc, the only living person was also a Sorc , seeing two Sorcs down a boss with half health is really something
Sorry for the hijack

Also OP how far have you leveled your healers by now?
Quote: Originally Posted by Essence_of_Light View Post
Nobody wants your scams.

And if you spent your time doing this, then you are a fool. Shoo, shoo. Get lost.

morfius
02.08.2014 , 08:09 PM | #55
Quote: Originally Posted by mikebevo View Post
Most of it is bad players mechanic, tanks not taunting and dps not following kill order.
Taunt like drop is situational awareness (taunt is 6 seconds "glue" + treat multiplier, if treat is near 0 you multiply 0 or near 0 and have issue after "glue" phase) but mobs on healer are mostly DD fail.
If it is tank fail - mobs will be over DDs.
There is no way healer to over agro DD (or tank) over same mob.
"The Aing-Tii have a different view of the Force. Not in terms of Jedi or Dark Jedi—of black and white, as it were—but in a way I like to think of as a full-color rainbow."

morfius
02.08.2014 , 08:20 PM | #56
It works best if you use it when someone (tank or DD) damage mobs or tank use AOE taunt... but this need tank and DDs to do their jobs.
When you can - mark weak/normal mobs that are too away from main pack and tell DD to kill them 1st, or if possible tell tank to LOS pool pack - they will come too due to lost LOS.
"The Aing-Tii have a different view of the Force. Not in terms of Jedi or Dark Jedi—of black and white, as it were—but in a way I like to think of as a full-color rainbow."

Adaliaya
02.08.2014 , 11:19 PM | #57
Quote: Originally Posted by toha View Post

Also OP how far have you leveled your healers by now?
Sage is at 39 and Operative at 37 also started Commando to see it too but it's only at 11 now

Adaliaya
02.09.2014 , 10:22 AM | #58
Must say Sage heal is quite good deal for Maelstrom last boss, just have to react fast and bubble guy who is about to get sniped there is plenty of peepz who don't even think moving behind pillars and then its my fault when they get one or two shotted luckily medcenter is near and peepz can run back to fighting after dying so even worst kamikazes dont always cause wipe

toha
02.09.2014 , 02:00 PM | #59
Must say Sage heal is quite good deal for Maelstrom last boss, just have to react fast and bubble guy who is about to get sniped there is plenty of peepz who don't even think moving behind pillars and then its my fault when they get one or two shotted luckily medcenter is near and peepz can run back to fighting after dying so even worst kamikazes dont always cause wipe
Don't you know? When some one dies it's alway your fault doesn't matter if there was a big circle on th ground, big red letters on the screen or even if the tactic was explained before and it's a one hit kill if nothing is done.
This logic I've seen used more times than I'd like, but that's what the ignore list is for
Quote: Originally Posted by Essence_of_Light View Post
Nobody wants your scams.

And if you spent your time doing this, then you are a fool. Shoo, shoo. Get lost.

Adaliaya
02.09.2014 , 03:22 PM | #60
Yeah I know they cannot lure behind pillars all time but there is just nothing can do for one-shot. And yes, I'm using Force Armor always when big cast is coming