Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Solo Ranked on The Bastion and my personal thoughts

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Server Forums > The Bastion
Solo Ranked on The Bastion and my personal thoughts

MrJoo's Avatar


MrJoo
02.09.2014 , 08:14 AM | #1
Hi. I am BOSS gm Jooling, Joov, Joobo.
It is nice to be back on server forum to share my thoughts on our server's solo ranked games.

Firstly, SoloQ pops are nice recently. We should keep it this way so that people who went to PoT5 for soloQ come back. I'd like to thank those who make effort to make pops happen.

However, some people should get a bit more ready before they do competitive pvp.
26-28k health players do not suit to be competing in soloQ just yet.
Number of health does not indicate individual skill level, but it gives a huge disadvantage to the other 3 on your team.

Also, I really hope to see more 'team based' players on soloQ. I wonder why so many good players avoid to queue.
SoloQ is like regular warzone, pugs mingling in a smaller map with less people. The win ratio and rating is directly related to your individual ability to improvise, take control and win the game.
There's no queue sync in soloQ, so if you think soloQ is based on luck, you are already going downhill.

Maybe you guys have something to say about the bastion-soloQ or my thoughts.
<BOSS> GM Jooling / Joov / Joobo(Fat juggernaut)
Recruiting high-end players with ambition.
Arranged 4v4 Ranked matches are always welcome.

xAgonyyy's Avatar


xAgonyyy
02.09.2014 , 08:22 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by MrJoo View Post
if you think soloQ is based on luck, you are already going downhill.
Umm i speak for a majority of other players when I say this, I do like to think its based on luck no...It IS based on luck depending which team gets the artards and nobody's against a team who has the players who have know how what they are doing, have ranked experience and yes most importantly have 30khp+, because a majority of the games turn out this way and if you're sitting there telling me you have a chance of winning with Fessonia on your team...you are sadly mistaken

porthis's Avatar


porthis
02.09.2014 , 10:05 PM | #3
Unless is duel ranked, hell yeah it is based on luck
Moophy - Sniper
Smoochiex - Jedi Shadow

xAgonyyy's Avatar


xAgonyyy
02.09.2014 , 10:29 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by porthis View Post
Unless is duel ranked, hell yeah it is based on luck
1) No ones cares what you have to say
2) Did I say you could talk?
3) Duel Ranked? Don't make me laugh I never had to use Cooldowns against you when we did our 1v1's

MrJoo's Avatar


MrJoo
02.09.2014 , 10:35 PM | #5
Agonyy, you have your point. I agree.
<BOSS> GM Jooling / Joov / Joobo(Fat juggernaut)
Recruiting high-end players with ambition.
Arranged 4v4 Ranked matches are always welcome.

MrJoo's Avatar


MrJoo
02.09.2014 , 10:36 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by porthis View Post
Unless is duel ranked, hell yeah it is based on luck
if there's duel ranked, your rating would be 0 in no time
<BOSS> GM Jooling / Joov / Joobo(Fat juggernaut)
Recruiting high-end players with ambition.
Arranged 4v4 Ranked matches are always welcome.

LegendaryQuan's Avatar


LegendaryQuan
02.09.2014 , 10:55 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by xAgonyyy View Post
Umm i speak for a majority of other players when I say this, I do like to think its based on luck no...It IS based on luck depending which team gets the artards and nobody's against a team who has the players who have know how what they are doing, have ranked experience and yes most importantly have 30khp+, because a majority of the games turn out this way and if you're sitting there telling me you have a chance of winning with Fessonia on your team...you are sadly mistaken
Everyone gets Fessonia close to the same amount of time. A rating after 5 games played is mostly based on luck. A rating after 200 games played is very little to do with luck. The past few nights the team who got bangers, joov, or me would most likely win. So there is a flip side to the Fessonia argument. If getting Fessonia on your team increases the chance of a loss...getting the best players on your team increases the chance of winning. Not because they are lucky. Because they are the most skilled. And their ratings reflect this.
Quote: Originally Posted by irojoz View Post
Because he's the hero that the Bastion deserves, but not the one it needs right now...and so we'll hunt him...because he can take it...because he's not a hero...he's a silent guardian...a LegendaryQuan.
Quote: Originally Posted by AlexModny View Post
Congrats LegendaryQuan! That is a most impressive accomplish.

I am putting your name on my "Unofficial Official Inaugural Ranked Season All-Galaxy Master" whiteboard, a high honor indeed!

xAgonyyy's Avatar


xAgonyyy
02.09.2014 , 11:38 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by LegendaryQuan View Post
. So there is a flip side to the Fessonia argument. If getting Fessonia on your team increases the chance of a loss...getting the best players on your team increases the chance of winning. Not because they are lucky. Because they are the most skilled. And their ratings reflect this.
The solo q community is so small players can separate the goods from the bads and the players/teams that can do that immediately know how to focus the enemy team down and are 'lucky' enough not have that player on their team leaving the other team at a disadvantage.. i can obviously agree that the team with skilled players has a higher chance of winning but these are arenas we are talking about and it requires teamwork to win a game having some people clueless about this in ranked dynamics leaving the disadvantage of ******* > advantage of skilled players on a team, no?
Here's your proof that solo queue rating is where the skill is at

LegendaryQuan's Avatar


LegendaryQuan
02.10.2014 , 12:36 AM | #9
Fessonia isnt bad. Fessonia has just been very unlucky.......

If getting Fessonia on your team is unlucky then getting good players on your team is lucky right?

It sure is some coincidence that basically all of these good players have been so "lucky" to have a high rating.

You would think that maybe one of these good players would have gotten unlucky and have a low rating. But nope. Skill = luck in swtor solo ranked. The matchmaking detects it I guess.

Any good player who plays alot of solo ranked will have a high rating. Any bad player who plays alot will have a low rating. And the average players will have average ratings as their teammates will usually determine whether they win or lose and they will get the "good team" apporx. half the time and the "bad team" approx half the time.
Quote: Originally Posted by irojoz View Post
Because he's the hero that the Bastion deserves, but not the one it needs right now...and so we'll hunt him...because he can take it...because he's not a hero...he's a silent guardian...a LegendaryQuan.
Quote: Originally Posted by AlexModny View Post
Congrats LegendaryQuan! That is a most impressive accomplish.

I am putting your name on my "Unofficial Official Inaugural Ranked Season All-Galaxy Master" whiteboard, a high honor indeed!

StarveTheEgo's Avatar


StarveTheEgo
02.10.2014 , 08:13 AM | #10
I approve of this message
GOING
KEGELZ
DAREN-RAISTLINN
"He's not a bad person, he's just a person"