Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Curse of the Two Ship Team Mates

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Galactic Starfighter
Curse of the Two Ship Team Mates

Slivovidze
02.06.2014 , 01:57 PM | #21
Yeah, first thing I did after 2.6 was putting all ships except my NovaDive away.

Maybe now I look like some dummy newbie who accidentally pulled his Star Guard from the bar, but I prove the other way in the match :P

And TBH, as people above said, two-shippers aren't bad for business. When I see that my team has lots of them, I imagine that worst case scenario is getting lots of practice under pressure. It is even more fun. Lots of the two shippers aren't actually bad pilots, some of them even ask questions during matches, and there is no bigger pleasure than answering them and seeing them grow better and better in every match.

If you care about your K/D or W/L ratios that much that you can't handle some newbies pulling your team down, you are playing a bad game, I think. GSF seems to be more like a casual and relaxing shooter, something more competitive would suit you better.

Danylia
02.06.2014 , 02:56 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Slivovidze View Post
GSF seems to be more like a casual and relaxing shooter, something more competitive would suit you better.
I politely disagree with this (I posted my comparison to Flashpoints and Operations in another thread). Let's see the points which are, in this subforum, repeated over and again:
- Steep learning curve
- Huge differences in individual skill
- Necessity of teamwork (Premades vs PuGs)
- Necessity to use more than one type of ship in order to counter another type of ship (RPS)
- Last but not least, non-existent matchmaking (probably due to small player pool)

All these things, at least to me, speak the opposite of casual and relaxing. "Ranked, not Regular".
Quote: Originally Posted by Rafkin View Post
Last nights group finder was a mess. The short version is that two of the people were really bad but the tank was pretty good. After we called it I asked the tank if he wanted to queue up with me. He said "I'm eleven and I have to go to bed".
The one guy who knew what he was doing was eleven years old.

HuaRya
02.07.2014 , 05:26 PM | #23
Guess I should've prefaced: players with only a scout and a fighter

And my solution is instantly leaving. No need to mess up the paint on my max geared sting, mangler, and half max geared B-4D Legion.

Tenacity
02.07.2014 , 06:04 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by HuaRya View Post
Guess I should've prefaced: players with only a scout and a fighter

And my solution is instantly leaving. No need to mess up the paint on my max geared sting, mangler, and half max geared B-4D Legion.
Funny, often times my best matches are those in which I'm teamed with a bunch of 2-ship noobs. Probably because I'm an ace pilot and get all the kills while they struggle =P
THE LYNX LEGACY THE HARBINGER
Lynx --- Telbasta --- Pakhet --- Leonen --- Arshia
Maihos --- Rashkah --- Sorthak --- Kha-Tal

HoloGrinder
02.07.2014 , 08:36 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by HuaRya View Post
Does anyone else have the uncanny ability to frequently be on the team with the most two ship players?

Anyone else eyeball both teams at the beginning of the match to see who has the most two ship players on their team?

Anyone starting to tally how many matches they lose when your team had the most two ship players?
There is a factional imbalance. Let me guess you have the uncanny ability to always land on the team that has all the new players with 2 ships. You also have the uncanny ability to lose like 90% of your games. And as a last wild guess you have the uncanny ability to be imperial as well right? I am an imp and I am in the same boat. The devs need to balance it.

SlimsPicken
02.07.2014 , 11:13 PM | #26
I often take all but one or two ships out of my queue. I notice lots of people seem to do this, so youll see a 2 shipper with just 2 bombers or 2 gunships, or a 1 shipper with a full upgrade sting or something.

More important than the # of ships is the names playing them.

You can change how many ships you bring easily, but its costly to change your character names. I know whos good for the most part. Theres always people you dont recognize, but in general I just look for names and disregard ship queue trickery.
For every man there is a sentence, a string of words, which has the power to destroy him.

dancezwithnubz
02.07.2014 , 11:37 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Kain_Turinbar View Post
I also like taking just a mastered scout and fighter in to look like a 2 ship chump.
omg, i must try this!

except it'll be a blackbolt/mangler combo...

Grayseven
02.08.2014 , 10:47 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by dancezwithnubz View Post
omg, i must try this!

except it'll be a blackbolt/mangler combo...
I've done this. I take my scout and strike into a fight and leave out the rest just to mess with everyone else. If enough experienced pilots do this, it''ll make everyone wary of thinking two ships = dead meat...
"50 Grades of Shae", a heart-warming novel about a Mandalorian that delivers beat-downs and assigns grades to her victims.

HoloGrinder
02.08.2014 , 09:42 PM | #29
You can tell 2 ships from the starting 2 ships. The Imps have a lot of 2 starting ship players.

dancezwithnubz
02.08.2014 , 10:45 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Grayseven View Post
I've done this. I take my scout and strike into a fight and leave out the rest just to mess with everyone else. If enough experienced pilots do this, it''ll make everyone wary of thinking two ships = dead meat...
i had a match last night in my 2-ship disguise. before we start someone was whinging that we would get slaughtered because most of our team was 2-ships, etc.

so, yeah. we won.