Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Bombers Will Be Nerfed When?

BrotherJohn
02.08.2014 , 04:07 PM | #21
My initial rounds with the new ship in the mix weren't overly impressive. but now that i am continually playing i get to see more and more people only flying bombers and their counter gunships. and less and less diversity. in fact flew 8 rounds just before and very few matches had scouts and maybe a couple strikers.

sorta a shame because GSF was well balanced even with the addition of gunships. along came bombers and clearly they are in need of some seriously large balance. most in the nerf area some in maneuverability increase department to balance the decrease in long range attacks. bombers should be just that bombers not heavily fortified gunships.

so after just a couple days i can really say even playing with a bomber that gsf took a major turn for the worse in a single update that i can only assume bw devs thought would be super amazing.

enough with you need skill you need to learn. that is an accuse someone will use when they know there are major balance issues and they just want to keep their over powered unbalanced class untouched.

elthenar
02.08.2014 , 04:48 PM | #22
There was little diversity before. It was all scouts, gunship and people who only had the starting two ships. Personally, and I've said this in a few threads, I love what bombers have done. My striker is tough enough to handle rail and missile turrets while going about it's business, scouts aren't. So everyone flying what was an "I win" Sting/Flashfire has just gotten a little bit of crap in their cheerios.

I fly primarily Strikes and my Gunship and I am loving it.

Edit: full discloser, both of my strikes are only half upgrades, but they are fully upgraded on their tanky mods. I can fly right through a field full of rail turrets.

BrotherJohn
02.08.2014 , 04:59 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by elthenar View Post
There was little diversity before. It was all scouts, gunship and people who only had the starting two ships. Personally, and I've said this in a few threads, I love what bombers have done. My striker is tough enough to handle rail and missile turrets while going about it's business, scouts aren't. So everyone flying what was an "I win" Sting/Flashfire has just gotten a little bit of crap in their cheerios.

I fly primarily Strikes and my Gunship and I am loving it.

Edit: full discloser, both of my strikes are only half upgrades, but they are fully upgraded on their tanky mods. I can fly right through a field full of rail turrets.
i think you dont realize it because you were trying to make the point that scout was over powered but you hit something right on the head, right now gsf has been sadly tossed way off balance. no class before had the i am the best edge in battle. each had their part and each could equally survive if you took time to work things up in skill level.

now as i see it one class has instantly become i dont have to do much but stand still and win. so instead of a full field of several classes of ships we have bombers and gunships oh my. was just poor planning yet again on their part and hopefully this increase in deployment time between patches allows them to see these errors before they are pushed live.

HoloGrinder
02.08.2014 , 09:24 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Korithras View Post
OK so here's just a list of problems with bombers right now:

1 - Very tough to kill, it takes forever to chew through their shields and armor to score a kill.

2 - They can drop quite a number of turrets, but their offensive ones, namely the gun and missile turrets are a the biggest problems. They:
a) rarely if ever miss when it comes to the laser turrets and
b) provide no warning until a missile has been fired by the missile turret

3 - Like gunships, these ships should be slow and hard to kill, but they can't have high-powered engines to boot. I.E. no booster at all preferably, or if not then they need to be gas guzzlers and consume their fuel faster than any other fighter class, and I mean more than they already do. But no evasion techniques. Period. They're supposed to be slow fortresses not nimble, evasive craft. So no abilities that break missile lock, and no armor or abilities to increase evasion. Just make them flying tanks.

4 - Limit the number of bombs/turrets they deploy for crying out loud or make them easier to kill. They're not very big they couldn't possibly soak up as much damage as I see them needing to take before they get killed.
They are OP when used in groups that work together. They give kills with out requiring skill in every scenario. I agree they should be nerfed. GSF is supposed to be about skill and team work.