Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Please make zooming actually necessary for Gunships

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Galactic Starfighter
Please make zooming actually necessary for Gunships

AdvancedJedi
02.08.2014 , 03:03 PM | #11
Sorry for lack of clarity, but english isnt my native language. But yes, I meant Mouse Wheel up / Mouse Wheel Down zoom. Generally once you are already in zoomed mode, you can zoom in even further and zoom out. Some ppl didn't know about this, but frankly speaking Zooming In reduces your hit chances, which is just wrong. Normal aiming when zoomed is required, not hitting "red circle" but actually having a ship in your recticle (like in other games with sniper rifles).

P.S. thanks for trolling, im sure most of you speak at least 3+ languages at least as I do

Zharik
02.08.2014 , 03:17 PM | #12
The funny thing is the OP is correct, the target's hitbox gets BIGGER as you zoom out. This is completely wrong and makes "sniping" easiest at 0% zoom. It gets SMALLER as you zoom in which makes hitting drones/mines easier but hitting ships much harder.

Note that the target's "hitbox" is the bullseye reticule. So zooming in should make it bigger zooming out should make it smaller (on your screen). Basically it should fill a larger portion of your screen as you zoom in, and smaller as you zoom out.
<Alt-a-holic's Anonymous>
President, Vice-President, Secretary, Treasurer, Members (x18).

My Referral Link for some Free things (for you and me)

Zharik
02.08.2014 , 03:20 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by SavageSock View Post
First, could you type out a complete thought with proper grammatical structure so that everyone here can understand the issue that you're complaining about without it sounding like a jumble of words that you need to read through about 4 times to completely understand the message that you're trying to convey with your post?

Second off, unless they changed the mechanics in the Official Launch patch, then whenever you use your Railgun it should zoom in automatically.
Pot, meet kettle. Kettle meet pot. (I see a run-on sentence in a post flaming another for his sentence structure)

Zharik
02.08.2014 , 03:21 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by DEATHICIDE View Post
The hardest part about sniping with a gunship is the low magnification!
Actually you'll mousewheel back to zoom out to zero for best results...

Altheran
02.08.2014 , 03:23 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Zharik View Post
The funny thing is the OP is correct, the target's hitbox gets BIGGER as you zoom out. This is completely wrong and makes "sniping" easiest at 0% zoom. It gets SMALLER as you zoom in which makes hitting drones/mines easier but hitting ships much harder.

Note that the target's "hitbox" is the bullseye reticule. So zooming in should make it bigger zooming out should make it smaller (on your screen). Basically it should fill a larger portion of your screen as you zoom in, and smaller as you zoom out.
And don't forget that when zooming out, the reticule becomes steadier.

Zharik
02.08.2014 , 03:30 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Altheran View Post
And don't forget that when zooming out, the reticule becomes steadier.
Well actually I don't have a problem with the fact that at minimum zoom you turn at max rate and at zoom you turn slower. I can see the computer automatically adjusting that for you. But to make you more accurate at min zoom is absurd.

Altheran
02.08.2014 , 03:36 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Zharik View Post
Well actually I don't have a problem with the fact that at minimum zoom you turn at max rate and at zoom you turn slower. I can see the computer automatically adjusting that for you. But to make you more accurate at min zoom is absurd.
The point was that in addition to the reticule size increasing, making him steadier also increase accuracy in some way.

With max zoom every little change of trajectory messes with the player's aiming, as you'll have trouble keeping the cursor in the reticule.
With min zoom, target's movement will mean few variation on the Gunship's screen, making the cursor more easily "in".