Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Kuat Drive Yards: Rare Elite Defenders are too rare!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Kuat Drive Yards: Rare Elite Defenders are too rare!

ViciousFett
02.06.2014 , 05:15 PM | #1
I've already seen several complaints, and I myself have only seen 1 Rare Defender in about 20 runs.
Getting 12 KDY construction kits for the mount is too difficult a task at the current spawn rate. It's as if the Devs intend for us to purchase the KDY kits 2nd hand fr 1m+ each.

What's up BW, can we get this fixed soon?
The Vicious Legacy
Random'hajile - Aeons - Gillian'Seed - Nati - Pirate'bay - Romana'II - Casaiss - Ghost-chops - Tuskenking - Cookìepuss - Rõland
CE VIP

MisterBlackJack
02.06.2014 , 05:29 PM | #2
I don't see an issue with the spawn rate. i currently have 5 contruction kit after running it 8 times. its just a matter of luck. So it will take you a little while to get the mount. It's not going anywhere
THE FORCE FIGHTS WITH ME.....IN THE C.E. V.I.P LOUNGE

Qvasar
02.06.2014 , 09:33 PM | #3
I also see no issue here. I'm seeing a KDY Construction Kit drop every other run and managed to get 4 in ~14 runs.

If we assume you get a blue reputation token only on each run you will need anywhere between 101 and 112 runs to reach Legend (required to buy the mount).

Ideally you would want to get 1 KDY Construction Kit every 10 runs. This is very easy if you solo the flashpoint, in fact know people who are already way over 12. If you run in a 4 people group however you are adding RNG to the RNG and may be a bit harder.

In any case both Legend reputation and rewards are not something to be taken lightly and shouldn't be easy to obtain.

Bleeters
02.06.2014 , 10:09 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Qvasar View Post
If we assume you get a blue reputation token only on each run you will need anywhere between 101 and 112 runs to reach Legend (required to buy the mount).
You get two.

ItachiZaku
02.07.2014 , 08:33 AM | #5
I dunno, I've gotten at least 1 rare per run.
"Be careful Preston. You're treading on my dreams. "

znihilist
02.07.2014 , 08:44 AM | #6
Can you please define "too rare", and what are your assumptions ?

Remember the following when you will give me an answer:

1) There are no limit on the number of tries you can make per any amount of time per character.
2) Flashpoint can be ran on 15-55 characters and it is role neutral (ie waiting time is severely reduced).
3) Flashpoint is not part of an event (it is not going anywhere).
4) Purple loot items are not character bound.
These are not the signatures you are looking for!

Icestar
02.07.2014 , 09:06 AM | #7
Wierd, I think I have around 6-8 of them on my characters. It is ok, since it requires legend to use the mount anyway
"Though free to think and act, we are held together, like the stars in the firmament, with ties inseparable. These ties cannot, be seen, but, we can feel them"
- Nikola Tesla

Qvasar
02.07.2014 , 11:44 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Bleeters View Post
You get two.
Yes, this is what happens when I post at 3AM :P Point still stands though. Not that rare and people will have time to farm plenty before they hit Legend,

Necroscop
02.08.2014 , 03:07 AM | #9
I do not see problem with this too since you can solo this FP. I did solo this and then when it drop you do not have to fight for it with adder people in 12 runs you can get around 18 KDY.
Necroscop (Jugger-Tank 55) Marka’ragnos’s(Jugger-Tank 55)
Bastilashan (Sorc-DPS 55) Dweller (Merc- DPS-heal 55)
Dweller(Sniper-DPS 55) Necroscop(Assassin-DPS 55)
Canker (Scoundrel-Heal 55)Skullguise (Sentinel-DPS 55)
Ferrenzig (Shadow-Tank 55) Lichloathe(Commando-DPS 55)
Necrosco’p (Guardian-Tank 55)

morfius
02.08.2014 , 08:31 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by ViciousFett View Post
I've already seen several complaints, and I myself have only seen 1 Rare Defender in about 20 runs.
Getting 12 KDY construction kits for the mount is too difficult a task at the current spawn rate. It's as if the Devs intend for us to purchase the KDY kits 2nd hand fr 1m+ each.

What's up BW, can we get this fixed soon?
There is 1 defender per scenario ... to see 1 in 20 runs you doing something wrong.
Every run I have killed 1 (bonus quest).
Not all of them drop kits... but every scenario have 1.
"The Aing-Tii have a different view of the Force. Not in terms of Jedi or Dark Jedi—of black and white, as it were—but in a way I like to think of as a full-color rainbow."