Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Are missile lock breaking maneuvers working?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Galactic Starfighter
Are missile lock breaking maneuvers working?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Solloby
02.06.2014 , 03:47 AM | #11
I've also noticed this; it's happened to me twice lately, and never happened before that so I am wondering if they've introduced a bug. I'll be locked on so use retro thrusters, and while shooting forward after the back, the missile will hit me anyway... it makes no sense, I don't think it's lag because that's a fair way into the manouevre for it to hit because of that?
The Shadowlands

Elly_Dawn
02.06.2014 , 03:55 AM | #12
funny Jasper, considering i've been hit often directly after using my engine ability or DField, never noticed a lingering effect on my lock breakers before... it's been that way before 2.6 and after... now if there is a bug associated it's been there from the start and it needs to be fixed, but i notice no difference...
if all the great fashion designers have gone over to the Darkside, then i will too...
Jedi Covenant: The Ashtear Legacy:

Elhaym - Shadow / Shinoa - Scoundrel
Dawnaria - Assassin / Adawn - Mercenary / D'jour - Operative

Zharik
02.06.2014 , 03:55 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Solloby View Post
I've also noticed this; it's happened to me twice lately, and never happened before that so I am wondering if they've introduced a bug. I'll be locked on so use retro thrusters, and while shooting forward after the back, the missile will hit me anyway... it makes no sense, I don't think it's lag because that's a fair way into the manouevre for it to hit because of that?
The missile animation will still "hit" you, but you should not take damage if you successfully break a lock. No having said that the double volley cluster missiles are bugged and the break only stops the 1st damage tick (of the 2, equal amounts) from doing damage.
<Alt-a-holic's Anonymous>
President, Vice-President, Secretary, Treasurer, Member.

Solloby
02.06.2014 , 04:25 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Zharik View Post
The missile animation will still "hit" you, but you should not take damage if you successfully break a lock. No having said that the double volley cluster missiles are bugged and the break only stops the 1st damage tick (of the 2, equal amounts) from doing damage.
The first time it happened it actually killed me, I was pretty confused about dying in the middle of a retro thruster in open space. The second time damaged me as well and I very clearly saw the missile that time (it was white I think; no idea what type it was though). While I'm not totally certain it's a bug and not a case of confusion, since it happened the second time I am fairly sure that something odd's going on there.
The Shadowlands

RebekahWSD
02.06.2014 , 05:27 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Elly_Dawn View Post
funny Jasper, considering i've been hit often directly after using my engine ability or DField, never noticed a lingering effect on my lock breakers before... it's been that way before 2.6 and after... now if there is a bug associated it's been there from the start and it needs to be fixed, but i notice no difference...
I think how it works is you're immune to lock on during the evade animation (i.e. barrel roll) in addition to breaking the current locks. I don't think there's any lingering immunity after the maneuver.

Elly_Dawn
02.06.2014 , 05:36 AM | #16
lol, i've exploded many times mid Barrel Roll with red text popping up saying "you can't do that while dead"... Lockon Warning sound starts, Barrel Roll kicks in, Lockon warning sound stops, i explode, red system message pops up... crazy stuff there...
yeah no lingering immunity, i think that guy that said there was was just blowing smoke...
if all the great fashion designers have gone over to the Darkside, then i will too...
Jedi Covenant: The Ashtear Legacy:

Elhaym - Shadow / Shinoa - Scoundrel
Dawnaria - Assassin / Adawn - Mercenary / D'jour - Operative

Llama-Eight
02.06.2014 , 06:07 AM | #17
The first time it happened it actually killed me, I was pretty confused about dying in the middle of a retro thruster in open space.
This has happened to me several times, dieing from a missile mid barrel roll (without pancaking into something, though that's happened as well). It's either a bug, or lag, not sure which is more likely given my ISP (Virmin Media) & Bioware's coders...

Armonddd
02.06.2014 , 06:13 AM | #18
This actually happened to me yesterday. I know it's different from before the patch because before the patch I wouldn't take damage, whereas when this happened I died.

Of course, it could have been that I got smacked with lasers when I thought I was getting smacked with a conc. I've done that to other people, so it's possible that's what happened.

I'll keep an eye out for it and if it happens again I'll see if I can't get more details on the situation.
Space Ace of <Death Squadron>, <Black Squadron>, <Eclipse Squadron>, and <solo da>

Mallorik
02.06.2014 , 11:34 AM | #19
I think Its bomber missile drones doing this. Or maybe the mines.

ChrisSchmidt
02.06.2014 , 11:34 AM | #20 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
We looked into this and found that missile drones do indeed still fire at a player executing a defensive maneuver. This is due to the lock-on functioning a bit differently than a player's lock-on. We'll get this fixed in an upcoming patch!