Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The weird people you meet in Group Finder.

Beltane
02.05.2014 , 08:40 AM | #1921
I was on my Sorc healer doing SM Czerka Core Meltdown. One of the other players kept trying to jump up on the ledge where the rest of the group was. I waited for a while but he kept missing so I thought I'd make things easy on him and use extricate to pull him up. He proceeded to start raging hardcore. He kept saying he knows how to play his class and it's rude to have your character moved without asking for it and I'm a stupid show off. It was just so bizarre.

I am a PVPer by nature but I've been idly trying to gear up for PVE lately, which means doing HM flashpoints. My healer is in fully min/maxed PVP gear with purple augs so she is geared good enough for HM flashpoints. Her gear is worse than basic but better than the stuff you get from Oricon. I was doing a Corporate Labs HM last night and keeping everyone up but all of a sudden the tank noticed I was in PVP gear and kept demanding to know why. The conversation went something like this.

Tank: um why are you in pvp gear???
Me: Because I have no PVE gear, which is why I'm doing this?
Tank: :/ u shouldn't que til u have gear
Me: How am I supposed to get gear if not from the source where it drops?
Tank: do dailies use comms to buy gear
Me: So you're telling me I need to avoid doing HMs til I have all the gear that drops during HMs.
Tank: yes
Me: Why do you think HM flashpoints drop basic gear if you aren't supposed to use them as a source to get it?
Tank: easy money, didn't u do oricon for free gear
Me: Yep, and it's worse than what I have now.
Tank: no pvp gear is always worse

Weirdest thing ever.
--=[ Wrath of Korriban
Ebon Hawk | Heavy Sith RP
IG: Beltane

Never_Hesitate
02.05.2014 , 08:44 AM | #1922
Quote: Originally Posted by Beltane View Post
I am a PVPer by nature but I've been idly trying to gear up for PVE lately, which means doing HM flashpoints. My healer is in fully min/maxed PVP gear with purple augs so she is geared good enough for HM flashpoints. I was doing a Corporate Labs HM last night and keeping everyone up but all of a sudden the tank noticed I was in PVP gear and kept demanding to know why. The conversation went something like this.
Back in the week of preaccess for 2.0 we did the hm fp's with 61/63 pve gear and you come along with fully min/maxed 65 or 67 gear, so you're not really undergeared
Some people are just wierd.
T3-M4 - Lvl 55 Chars:
T'hana Jugg, Saleona Sniper, S'inthoras Mara,Hannahla Merc, Eleondra&Eleondraa Ops,
Leeonira Sorc, CaphalÝr Sorc, Kindarya Assa, LeoniŽ PT,
Revuna Mando, Leojuna Scoundrel, Simon'e Shadow, Sileona Guardian

CheaterLL
02.05.2014 , 09:42 AM | #1923
Quote: Originally Posted by Screaming_Ziva View Post
Isn't one of them untauntable (or has no aggro table) and just randomly attacks anyone?
Magnus (the melee Sith/Jedi) has no aggro table, but he is tauntable.
So even if he didn't know that the other 3 schould still have been on him, not the opposite way.
CheaterLL, GM <you always wipe together>
Semi-Progression @ T3-M4
Juggernaut Maintank
TFB S&V DF DP HM Farm | TFB NM 1/5 | DF NM 4/5

FrozenGoalie
02.05.2014 , 10:27 AM | #1924
Just had someone in the new FP who wouldn't DPS (as a DPS) adds because he "already did in the beginning" (so apparently it was everyone else's job while he ran around doing what he wanted).

ZeroPlus
02.05.2014 , 11:31 AM | #1925
Quote: Originally Posted by Tailsfortales View Post

Sorry I would have multiquoted, but I don't know all these fancy forum tricks.
Do the following:
  1. Press "Quote" on the first post you want to "quote".
  2. Press CTRL+A to select all the contents of the text box then press CTRL+C to copy it.
  3. Press "back" on your browser.
  4. Now "Quote" the second post you want to "quote".
  5. Click at the end of the "quoted text" and press CTRL+V to paste what you copied in step 2.
  6. Repeat steps 2 through 5 as many times as needed until you have "quoted" all the posts you want.

Hope that helps.
If you seek answers, you must always ask questions. - Master Vandar Tokare.

[Suggestion] Add another Blaster Pistol with the "A-300 Heavy Sonic Needler" model = DONE!

Halinalle
02.05.2014 , 12:38 PM | #1926
I had quite interesting groups today in new FP. Most annoying was probably the one that had Guardian who had obsession with knockback. Please don't do that when there is a dps Shadow/Scoundrel/Operative/Assassin in your group.

E: Or was it a Sage? Couldn't see because my screen was often filled with droid.

Lord_of_Mu
02.05.2014 , 01:47 PM | #1927
Had a healer get abusive after I refused to give him guard in Heroic Core Meltdown. Apparently he was sick of tanks and dps ignoring mobs attacking him.

I thought it was quite amusing and ironic considering one of the dps, who I had guard on was a member of my guild and is quite aware of the kill priority. Not to mention I always grab every mob in a pull to ensure the healer doesn't get attacked.

But he left the group, we ignored him and reported him for his vulgar comments, got a new healer and successfully cleared the flash point.

FabulousDoctor
02.05.2014 , 06:55 PM | #1928
Less weird and more friggan retarded -

I finally found a group dumb enough to wipe on Kuat Drive Yards. Didn't think that would be possible.

Highlights: Two maraudurrs in full slave oranges, one of which had full willpower slotted and no strength, the other of which had gear from level 19 and the person was level 46.

A sniper who pulled a group of two strongs while we were fighting a champion.

Said sniper calling us all 'fukin n00bs' before quitting the group after we wiped from that.

The marauder in willpower gear saying NO WILLPOWER IS GOOD FOR FORCE POWER AND I AM A SITH SO I NEED THAT when I tried to explain strength, then calling me an idiot and put me on ignore so she'd never end up in a group with 'someone who doesn't understand how stats work'.

On Begeren colony, and if you're one of the people I just described i hope you feel as stupid as you are.

idnewton
02.05.2014 , 06:57 PM | #1929
Quote: Originally Posted by FabulousDoctor View Post
Less weird and more friggan retarded -

I finally found a group dumb enough to wipe on Kuat Drive Yards. Didn't think that would be possible.

Highlights: Two maraudurrs in full slave oranges, one of which had full willpower slotted and no strength, the other of which had gear from level 19 and the person was level 46.

A sniper who pulled a group of two strongs while we were fighting a champion.

Said sniper calling us all 'fukin n00bs' before quitting the group after we wiped from that.

The marauder in willpower gear saying NO WILLPOWER IS GOOD FOR FORCE POWER AND I AM A SITH SO I NEED THAT when I tried to explain strength, then calling me an idiot and put me on ignore so she'd never end up in a group with 'someone who doesn't understand how stats work'.

On Begeren colony, and if you're one of the people I just described i hope you feel as stupid as you are.
That's going to be the least of your worries, Begeren, since *cough* SOMEONE transferred there from Harbinger. If you're a harbinger player reading this... you know who I'm talking about.
PRE-ORDER ACCOUNT LEGACY LEVEL 50 LEVEL +55s: 20
ETERNAL WARRIOR CHEEVO POINTS: +27,000

JLazarillo
02.06.2014 , 02:08 AM | #1930
Queued up for my first run of the new Flashpoint today, got in with some guy who wouldn't join the first conversation until all members promised to spacebar through everything. Suffice to say, the rest of us refused and he just sort of stood there. Eventually I just left and re-queued but it was kind of amusing for a few minutes to just sit there and think "dude, unless this is a realllllllllly long cutscene he wants us to space through, I think he's probably wasted more time trying to make everyone not watch it."

I guess he was a man of principles.