The weird people you meet in Group Finder.

I had quite interesting groups today in new FP. Most annoying was probably the one that had Guardian who had obsession with knockback. Please don't do that when there is a dps Shadow/Scoundrel/Operative/Assassin in your group. :cool:

E: Or was it a Sage? Couldn't see because my screen was often filled with droid.

Edited by Halinalle

Had a healer get abusive after I refused to give him guard in Heroic Core Meltdown. Apparently he was sick of tanks and dps ignoring mobs attacking him.

I thought it was quite amusing and ironic considering one of the dps, who I had guard on was a member of my guild and is quite aware of the kill priority. Not to mention I always grab every mob in a pull to ensure the healer doesn't get attacked.

But he left the group, we ignored him and reported him for his vulgar comments, got a new healer and successfully cleared the flash point.

Less weird and more friggan retarded -

I finally found a group dumb enough to wipe on Kuat Drive Yards. Didn't think that would be possible.

Highlights: Two maraudurrs in full slave oranges, one of which had full willpower slotted and no strength, the other of which had gear from level 19 and the person was level 46.

A sniper who pulled a group of two strongs while we were fighting a champion.

Said sniper calling us all 'fukin n00bs' before quitting the group after we wiped from that.

The marauder in willpower gear saying NO WILLPOWER IS GOOD FOR FORCE POWER AND I AM A SITH SO I NEED THAT when I tried to explain strength, then calling me an idiot and put me on ignore so she'd never end up in a group with 'someone who doesn't understand how stats work'.

On Begeren colony, and if you're one of the people I just described i hope you feel as stupid as you are.

Less weird and more friggan retarded -

I finally found a group dumb enough to wipe on Kuat Drive Yards. Didn't think that would be possible.

Highlights: Two maraudurrs in full slave oranges, one of which had full willpower slotted and no strength, the other of which had gear from level 19 and the person was level 46.

A sniper who pulled a group of two strongs while we were fighting a champion.

Said sniper calling us all 'fukin n00bs' before quitting the group after we wiped from that.

The marauder in willpower gear saying NO WILLPOWER IS GOOD FOR FORCE POWER AND I AM A SITH SO I NEED THAT when I tried to explain strength, then calling me an idiot and put me on ignore so she'd never end up in a group with 'someone who doesn't understand how stats work'.

On Begeren colony, and if you're one of the people I just described i hope you feel as stupid as you are.

That's going to be the least of your worries, Begeren, since *cough* SOMEONE transferred there from Harbinger. If you're a harbinger player reading this... you know who I'm talking about.

Queued up for my first run of the new Flashpoint today, got in with some guy who wouldn't join the first conversation until all members promised to spacebar through everything. Suffice to say, the rest of us refused and he just sort of stood there. Eventually I just left and re-queued but it was kind of amusing for a few minutes to just sit there and think "dude, unless this is a realllllllllly long cutscene he wants us to space through, I think he's probably wasted more time trying to make everyone not watch it."

I guess he was a man of principles.

That's going to be the least of your worries, Begeren, since *cough* SOMEONE transferred there from Harbinger. If you're a harbinger player reading this... you know who I'm talking about.

That guy? Name starts with "M?" Or maybe "A?"

That.

Guy?

Mind you, he is/they are not the only one/s, either.

But yeah, I've said it before --there are many, many utterly hideous bads on BergCol, it's only on that server that I've had wipes on things that no level-capped player has any business wiping on, barring lag-spikes or the healer disconnecting (which happens to all of us sooner or later, I'm sure.).

Hell, even the RP just isn't all that good, at least what I've seen in public.

(Why, yes, Apprentice: Let us loudly discuss the deepest secrets of the Force and the Sith Order right here in front of the whole universe and its wife in this cantina :/)

Queued up for my first run of the new Flashpoint today, got in with some guy who wouldn't join the first conversation until all members promised to spacebar through everything. Suffice to say, the rest of us refused and he just sort of stood there. Eventually I just left and re-queued but it was kind of amusing for a few minutes to just sit there and think "dude, unless this is a realllllllllly long cutscene he wants us to space through, I think he's probably wasted more time trying to make everyone not watch it."

I guess he was a man of principles.

1) It is really long, and your char only gets to select one dialog option.

2) It is fairly 'meh'.

3) I hate the admiral's voice (I think it's computer generated, I've never heard a human mispronounce 'navy' or 'directly' by stressing the last syllable).

That said, it doesn't sound like it's longer than he waited, and the FP has only been out two days, so just cause that player has ran it 50+ times doesn't mean that the other three people in his group have. Also, it is the only dialog in the FP, player should be happy BW put all the dialog in one place so that it doesn't break up his kill flow later.

Also, in some fit of madness, BW tied the intro quest (which provides a piece of purple gear and a purple rep token) to completing that dialog, but the mechanism has a bug that isn't obvious to everybody how to overcome -- you have to enter the FP manually (i.e., don't take the shuttle when your queue pops) to trigger the quest completion.

tl;dr: yes. the guy was a douche

Not a weird experience, but rather an OMG WHAAAAA??? moment.

I queued up for the new flashpoint, walked off for a minute and came back to see it popping. Didn't pay attention to the people in the group. The game loads and I notice our 'tank' was an assault vanguard.

in optimised 78s

With the Crest of the Dread Masters.

Who I had seen before as the top VG DPS on a dummy (well, he was beaten by MrUniverse, but MrUniverse was using the Hybrid while this guy was using assault).

He pretty much solod it while we ran around interacting with computers. It was great, but I have no idea why he was using group finder when he almost single-handedly downed the last boss in less than 18 seconds.

I queued up for the new flashpoint, walked off for a minute and came back to see it popping. Didn't pay attention to the people in the group. The game loads and I notice our 'tank' was an assault vanguard.

in optimised 78s

Who I had seen before as the top VG DPS on a dummy (well, he was beaten by MrUniverse, but MrUniverse was using the Hybrid while this guy was using assault).

He pretty much solod it while we ran around interacting with computers. It was great, but I have no idea why he was using group finder when he almost single-handedly downed the last boss in less than 18 seconds.

Locked and loaded - ready for action! :rak_03:

He must've thought that it'd take too long to click all those pesky crates, and as such, he decided to call in support for that - via the group finder :D

Less 'weird' more ... pleasantly surprising.

This was a week or two back, and I was just derping around getting dailies/weeklies done. At this point, I just hit them for rep/cash/keeping my hand in while waiting for an associate to get geared for OPs (which he is already, but idiot players keep going 'oh noes, 32k PT tank isn't ready for storymodes!' without looking to see if he isn't in, you know, mitigation gear for some crazy reason rather than stacking endurance) but I usually get decently geared groups who don't turn their brains off too much ...

... this time was ... different.

Czerka Core Meltdown pops. Okay, I say. Hmm, Jugg DPS, PT DPS, Sorc healer ... not a sniper or mara in sight. Novelty value!

Zone in, first thing I see ... PT DPS is the only one with 30+k HP (other than my Darkness SIn anyway). Eyebrows go up. Okay, this might actually be fun. Healer is sitting at 25k ... inspect ... level 50 blue implants ... um ... PVP relics? Okay, I use some of those myself. Still, stats on the gear he does have look appropriate, even decent for what he's there for.

... PT DPS drops/disconnects. We wait for a few minutes, then kick and requeue. Merc DPS, HP and gear in line with the other two ...

... proof-positive that it's skill and not gear that's the deciding factor. This PUG Meltdown run ended up being the smoothest I've ever been a part of. Healer and DPS prioritized great, Merc occasionally threw in offheals where needed, no wipes ...

... it's stuff like this that gives me hope for this community.

in optimised 78s

Maybe so someone would make a post about him on the forum?

We did that too yesterday, unfortunately. It only required one of the members complaining about "tanks not doing their job" in boss fight. When you don't even need tank in any of the boss fights. But at least it was a bit more challenging run compared to other runs.

Seriously, I've been in group that had 3 healers + 1 dps (me) and it was blast.

Edited by Halinalle

I had a kind of weird one running KDY for the first time. We got through the first conversation with the Republic Admiral, the Bothan guy–it was me (Guardian tank), Vanguard tank, a Guardian DPS, and a Scoundrel healer, so a pretty good group for a tactical flashpoint. After the conversation with the Admiral, the Guardian DPS drops. A little odd, but no problem; we get a fast replacement, a Commando DPS. We run the thing, and for some reason the Vanguard tank must think that he and I are in competition for the alpha male of the group, because he asserts his dominance at every possible chance. No problem, I was more than willing to let him lead and he was a good tank.

We get past the gunnery section and we're supposed to take the elevator to the next objective. The Vanguard starts to lead us back to the first elevator, the one we took from the hangar to the gunnery. I started to follow but I looked at my map and saw we were going to the wrong elevator so I said "It's this way, guys" or something like that in group chat. Now, they were all halfway across the room from me, so I had kind of a head start...but before I can reach the elevator the Vanguard shoots past me at better-than-average speed (did he have rocket boots or something? I don't know) to get to the elevator first. Then we take on the last boss, that Imperial Commando guy, with no problem, the FP ends with no one saying "thank you," "good run," or anything. Total silence. It was like that through the whole flashpoint. Total silence except for when I called out that they were going the wrong way. And the tank's dominance display thing...it was just so weird. Almost like the whole group was in a perpetual state of lethargy except for me. :confused:

Still, we didn't wipe and we completed it in less than twenty minutes I believe, so it was a good run, just...odd.

I had a kind of weird one running KDY for the first time. We got through the first conversation with the Republic Admiral, the Bothan guy–it was me (Guardian tank), Vanguard tank, a Guardian DPS, and a Scoundrel healer, so a pretty good group for a tactical flashpoint. After the conversation with the Admiral, the Guardian DPS drops. A little odd, but no problem

The first-time quest is bugged, so people don't always get the completion from speaking with the Admiral. If you are lvl 55, you can get around this by manually entering the FP and doing the conversation before running with GF. Otherwise, if you get bugged, you have to exit & drop group (don't abandon the FP) and re-enter and redo the conversation.

It sucks, and people (including me) should probably say something before just dropping, but due to the bug, it's unfortunately going to be common behavior.

Well heck, I went through Kuat yesterday for the first time and we wiped. So as far as I can tell, it's normal to do so.

it is?

huh..

I mean... I haven't pugged it yet, only soloed once on one of my 55ves (and I didn't wipe, just reset the boss once)

the only thing I can think of is people thinking oh its super easy and pulling multiple groups, that they cannot handle in the end.

Pugged a 16M SV as a DPS yesterday where we had 8 people, all in different guilds and unknown to one another, disconnect in a wave all at once. Was kind of weird, they all reconnected after a few minutes but I've never seen that happen. Bug of some sort, and also not really the point of this story.

There was an Assassin tank with 24% Defense Chance and 19% damage reduction who never used Dark Ward once. Stryak was basically tanked by my guildie's powertech DPS. Even in full DPS gear he was a lot more survivable. This Sin had close to full 72s (obviously tanking ones too since her defense chance was so high), I don't know how she managed to be tanking operations with the fortitude of a wet paper towel, nor why she apparently switched out from tank armoring to DPS ones to get that low of a damage reduction number.

Also did a DP yesterday with a jug tank with a 10% defense chance (with a stim). All his augments were +shield rating ones. That's a trend I've been seeing a lot recently, lots of tanks stacking shield rating augments for no apparent reason. Or maybe they have a reason, but it's apparently a terrible one if they are going into ops with roughly half the defense chance they should be at

The first-time quest is bugged, so people don't always get the completion from speaking with the Admiral. If you are lvl 55, you can get around this by manually entering the FP and doing the conversation before running with GF. Otherwise, if you get bugged, you have to exit & drop group (don't abandon the FP) and re-enter and redo the conversation.

It sucks, and people (including me) should probably say something before just dropping, but due to the bug, it's unfortunately going to be common behavior.

That explains it. I noticed I didn't get it either, but I figured I'd just go back and re-do it later. That explains why he left, I guess.

I was in this flashpoint with my Sorc heals. There's an assassin tank. I was over geared for the run but I was still having trouble keeping the tank's health up. I inspect his gear and find he's running with a focus in is offhand. I'm like "DUDE!!, you can't tank with no damn focus for your offhand. You need a shield generator, You'd be dead 10 time over If my gear wan't so pimp" :D He's like " Why? I do more damage this way." I had to scold him until he left and bought a generator.

There was an Assassin tank with 24% Defense Chance and 19% damage reduction

Also did a DP yesterday with a jug tank with a 10% defense chance (with a stim).

I may be wrong, but the game does not give you that information, unless you ask the player. For me user character screen always shows my stats when I inspect other players. How did you get these numbers?

I may be wrong, but the game does not give you that information, unless you ask the player. For me user character screen always shows my stats when I inspect other players. How did you get these numbers?

I just tested inspecting someone and it showed me his stats...granted it only showed me Health, Armor Rating, Dmg Reduction and Defense Chance (no Shield Chance and Shield Absorption), but those were clearly his stats and not mine. The rest of the character sheet was also clearly his.

To inspect another character, target that character, right-click on the portrait, and you'll either have an Inspect option or can click on "additional commands" to get a submenu with an inspect option (not in game) -- just targeting them and pulling up the character sheet ('C') won't show you their stats.

Apparently now you get kicked if you roll Need for rep trophies in new FP. Is there unwritten rule for that already?

Not that I'm aware of...I've only seen the issue "discussed" once, and it was somebody else in my party (way before we hit anything that dropped a trophy) saying for everybody to 'Need'. It's what I expect everybody to do (unless they actually are at Legend), but I remember being shocked that somebody would actually be sensible enough to discuss loot rules before looting in a PUG. :) Also on a positive note, nobody argued about it.

why she apparently switched out from tank armoring to DPS ones to get that low of a damage reduction number.

The armor rating of force wielder (tanking) and resolve (DPS) armorings is the same, only the endurance vs main stat changes. Most likely, they were in the wrong stance, since that is what boosts light-armor wearing sins to reasonable levels of damage reduction.