Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

T.H.A.T - Tanks and Heals Against Tactical

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
T.H.A.T - Tanks and Heals Against Tactical

BadOrb
02.05.2014 , 03:21 PM | #71
Quote: Originally Posted by InsaneBase View Post
Those weren't/aren't really MMOs, though, they're more like 3D SciFi Diablo with an ingame lobby. The original PSO even had an offline mode (and it seems like PSU has one, too).
Well you could argue PSO was a lobby game ( there where many lobbies though , the football / soccer mini game one was the most fun ) , but nope PSU was not it had many areas and you had to go through content to get to certain areas. Yeah on PSO you could level up offline but because of duping etc they decided to keep PSU's offline and online modes separate for that game. Sci-fi Diablo is a bit of a harsh explanation of the two games IMO , but you may have yours.

Cheers,

BadOrb.
'Ah you think micro transactions are your ally ? The DLC betrays you because it belongs to me , when your home world is monetized , you have my permission to buy'.
"Oh goody. Lord Douchebag McFuzzlebunny can now be related to me if he see's my legacy name and decides he likes it." quote from Selvec 09/06/12

DeCaPtN
02.05.2014 , 03:23 PM | #72
The only problem I have with these flashpoints is that the lack of role specifics made them too easy. Since their made to not have heals or tank they have low damage output. Since their made to be possible for four tanks or healers you end up with mobs with no health. This ends up being just ALOT of mobs with no health and no damage. Just takes time to go throuht it all. Sure I can respec to dps and run it with three other people. Why would I do that when i am a tank with a healing companion and can walk through it alone. Remember when you solo you win every roll.

Don't get me wrong I'm not complaining. I like the Kuat Drive Yards. I just really hope they release a hm with better rewards.
Trust me I'm a Jedi

Docmal
02.05.2014 , 03:46 PM | #73
Quote: Originally Posted by Pingonaut View Post
You need a sense of humor. That's not a good joke, you cannot convey sarcasm with text.
I can
Feeling Parsecseh?
<Redemption> @ The Shadowlands
Handrew - Shadow Tank Drewbacca - Guardian DPS
& 13 more...

morfius
02.05.2014 , 04:09 PM | #74
Quote: Originally Posted by BadOrb View Post
Yeah PSU had 6 player groups not sure why SWTOR hasn't got them but that might be a suggestion for Bioware , can you make some 6 player group content please ?

Cheers.

BadOrb.
Actually reasons tanks not queue are 2
- Player (mostly DDs) stupidity, ignorance and jerkiness - increasing their number by 100% you mean 100% bigger chance for another brain dead/ignorant/jerk player, if they do that (have in mind that FPs have to be remade too) no sane tank will queue anymore.
- Double/triple (if you go for DPS off set) commendations grind forced by BW over tanks.

Only way GF in this game to work again is total rework of leveling so no brain dead player could level to 55, creating account wide ignore system, so jerks will be out of game and make separate drops in FPs for tanks or rework tanking gear so it would not have totally useless stats on it and tanking itself so it generate agro via direct DPS and multiply DPS via DR stats tanks have.
For PvP it may be rebalanced as tank stance lowering DPS against players.
"The Aing-Tii have a different view of the Force. Not in terms of Jedi or Dark Jedi—of black and white, as it were—but in a way I like to think of as a full-color rainbow."

Mallorik
02.05.2014 , 04:56 PM | #75
Quote: Originally Posted by Robocles View Post
Incentives are nice... and can be done, I agree.

Part of the issue with tanks queuing, though, is that the comm gear for tanks is beyond abysmal. Alacrity as their filler stat is just absurdly stupid.
Yeah gear for tanks sucks, but just giving tanks good gear wont fix much. People will just gear faster then quit doing fps because they don't need the gear anymore, which is why most good tanks who you would really want to be tanking for you don't que.

BadOrb
02.05.2014 , 05:47 PM | #76
Quote: Originally Posted by morfius View Post
Actually reasons tanks not queue are 2
- Player (mostly DDs) stupidity, ignorance and jerkiness - increasing their number by 100% you mean 100% bigger chance for another brain dead/ignorant/jerk player, if they do that (have in mind that FPs have to be remade too) no sane tank will queue anymore.
- Double/triple (if you go for DPS off set) commendations grind forced by BW over tanks.

Only way GF in this game to work again is total rework of leveling so no brain dead player could level to 55, creating account wide ignore system, so jerks will be out of game and make separate drops in FPs for tanks or rework tanking gear so it would not have totally useless stats on it and tanking itself so it generate agro via direct DPS and multiply DPS via DR stats tanks have.
For PvP it may be rebalanced as tank stance lowering DPS against players.
O god never thought about it that way , double the amount of DPS in a proper trinity FP would be horrific for a Tank and healer , i agree. So maybe a tactical 6 player FP only.

Don't want to start a war , but yeah the fact some DPS can taunt has bothered my tanking for a long time without me even knowing what the problem was with my tanks , anyways , 2 more DPS would be rough in the trinity FP's I feel.

No worries though carry on.

Cheers,

BadOrb.
'Ah you think micro transactions are your ally ? The DLC betrays you because it belongs to me , when your home world is monetized , you have my permission to buy'.
"Oh goody. Lord Douchebag McFuzzlebunny can now be related to me if he see's my legacy name and decides he likes it." quote from Selvec 09/06/12

Nempo
02.05.2014 , 06:31 PM | #77
Quote: Originally Posted by NrDLeipe View Post
done it on a min/max 55 tank and ye for him its way waaay to easy. no challenge at all

done it also on a low lvl alt the xp is nice but same as the 55 no challenge at all.

Imo a real gamer is after the feeling of victory, play your A game to get things done, work together, learn and down it.
This FP doesnt give that at all, but in all fairness its the community behind this ,cause when something challenging comes out ( LI HM ) ppl scream nerf all over the place.

Kinda sad this is the future of gameing, im probebly getting old but back in the days games were tuff and gave you a great feeling after completing it .
Want to talk real gamers? How about those of us from EQ grabbing the legendary sets? 1 month of prep time and 100 players need to help you down a boss that drops only one item...your legendary. You won't see that again as FPS style gamers have moved in and demand something for every second of time...there is no real "community" these days.

As for this tactical crap...I, like others, will point you to GW2. The loss of roles makes any kind of group content total ridiculous crap. I am fine with removing tanking and healing...IF they add in new roles. Controller (hard CCs that work even on bosses of every kind, no such thing as anyone or anything being immune...damage output far lower than even a tank due to needing to channel the hard mezzes), Waller (able to put up barriers no enemy can move through, including bosses. barriers can be ranged specific or even reflective for damage), De-buffer (able to seriously hinder enemies making even bosses incapable of using any special skill besides auto attacks, able to lower damage output, armor, attack speed, tech/force damage, etc etc), Leacher (variation of de-buffer by leaching something fromt he enemy to give it to the group, health, armor, speed, and damage being the primary).
The problem, of course, is that this requires brand new classes and TOR won't give us these classes.

GW2 was fun for leveling/exploring...a nightmare for PvP and Group content. The total lack of any role but damage and forcing people to watch over themselves is horrible. You either have to keep the game so easy that those who can co-ordinate walk through it in a zombie-like stupor...or you force roles and you get some form of trinity back into the game. This route TOR is taking is just horrible if it continues beyond story mode. Especially if it becomes their "new direction". It'll kill the PvE side of this game as badly as arenas and GSF have killed off ground PvP (hint...people begged for and asked for more 8v8 OBJECTIVE maps...they give us 4v4 arenas...because it is simpler to design a kill map than an objective map).
"I am not driven by hatred. I am not driven by fear.
I am not driven by desire, duty, or any rationale. I can no longer feel any of these.
All that remains is Retribution; Cold and hard and final..."