Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

tactical flashpoints or worst fp ever.

AMightyKnight
02.05.2014 , 04:29 AM | #41
The majority of players can have their bolstered leveling experience on storymode. Thats what is for, thats why i solo it or dont touch it at all after playing it once.
But whats preventing them from building a nightmarish Hardmode version of Kuyat for 55 players? You dont have to put in on the Group finder, just add some BIS loot and people will line up to play. So much wasted potential.
I'm lightyears away from being a top player when it comes to progression raiding and my raid will have to invest a lot of time to clear the new nightmare content. But even we would like to have something remotley challenging besides two or three bosses in DF/DP.
Endless Repgrind is no challenge.
Benaiah Abihail Ahdino
Gladio vivere, fusil perire!
T3M4 ~ 8/10 HM ~ Referral Link ~

linwei
02.05.2014 , 04:40 AM | #42
I didnt read all the pages but i wanna add it's too effin short!
Feels like I just walk in a room, pewpew, another, pewpew, click on stuff, then some idiot just do the autoassembly, pewpew again, boss (finally!) and... oh it's finished already?? 'dafkinhell!?

mad_freeman
02.05.2014 , 04:44 AM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by AMightyKnight View Post
What was wrong about Lost Island before they nerfed it to the ground??
Nothing, it was nice flashpoint

morfius
02.05.2014 , 04:47 AM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by AMightyKnight View Post
The majority of players can have their bolstered leveling experience on storymode. Thats what is for, thats why i solo it or dont touch it at all after playing it once.
But whats preventing them from building a nightmarish Hardmode version of Kuyat for 55 players? You dont have to put in on the Group finder, just add some BIS loot and people will line up to play. So much wasted potential.
I'm lightyears away from being a top player when it comes to progression raiding and my raid will have to invest a lot of time to clear the new nightmare content. But even we would like to have something remotley challenging besides two or three bosses in DF/DP.
Endless Repgrind is no challenge.
Yes and No ... HM is meant to be first quality check, if you want BiS and real challenge we need NiM FPs.
I still want to see pre nerf LI tuned for 55 with 66/69s gear with main hand/off hand weapons and proper implants as rewards... but it has to be kept strictly outside of GF.
"The Aing-Tii have a different view of the Force. Not in terms of Jedi or Dark Jedi—of black and white, as it were—but in a way I like to think of as a full-color rainbow."

Leafy_Bug
02.05.2014 , 05:00 AM | #45
The lack of interaction with NPCs to unfold the story line confers the impression that I am doing dailies. This is how [insert crappy flashpoint name] usually pans out for me :

1. Respec from Watchman to Smash
2. Queue for FP
3. Talk to the cat person
4. Board ship, lag much lag, smash all, exit area.
5. Queue again
6. Talk to the cat person
7. Board ship, lag much lag, smash all in a different order / different scenario, exit area.

If you guys call this a flashpoint then what are the others? I mean let's be honest, this is clearly the most unimaginative piece of content we have ever been given. Click boxes, destroy missiles (Makeb dailies anyone?), smash mobs, exit area. What happened to story immersion? You know like in the previous Flashpoints? Sure, not everyone likes them but it would give me a break from all the running and killing.

I won't even get into the role neutral aspect of this instance because in my opinion any content that does not respect the wholly trinity is a waste of time.

CommanderKool
02.05.2014 , 05:25 AM | #46
Did this with my guild last night and the whole experience was as flat as a pancake, unfortunately this is a result of F2P with everything being dumbed down to accommodate for a more social player base. Gone are the days where we are going to get challenging end game content.

Never_Hesitate
02.05.2014 , 06:38 AM | #47
IMO normal FPs (doesn't matter in SM or HM) are about the same as the KDY:

Go in -> smash trash -> smash boss (Healer has to heal) -> smash next trash -> smash boss -> smash even more trash (-> if hm, maybe smash bonus boss) -> smash final boss

All FPs are built the same, with the exception of colicoids (lets hope for a hm version of this ), where you first have the turret event and then there is the puzzle, all others have a predefined route which you go down. it's always the same.
So the KDY isn't "unimaginative" to me.
T3-M4 - Lvl 60 Chars:
Leonië&Caipha PT, Eleondra&Eleondraa Op
T'hana Jugg, Saleona Sniper
Hannahla Merc, Caphalør Sorc, Kindarya Assa

Arvig
02.05.2014 , 07:27 AM | #48
Quote: Originally Posted by mad_freeman View Post
Dear Bioware

If you want this game see her end soon, you walking in correct direction. The last flashpoints you added in game is simply joke, no challenge at all. I remember good days when Lost island flashpoint (pre 2.0) recured good team work and coordination. please, make more challenging content.
P.S. Atleast add HM option for it.
I seriously don't see how adding Kuat Drive Yards FP is going to cause the game to end soon. :P

Myself, I would like to see a HM level 55 version of it as well. And I do wonder about the logic of planetary coms being the reward for the 55th level version, when a 55th that isn't levelling an alt has no real use for planetary coms for the most part. But the FP itself is fun and a nice diversion. I like challenging FP's and ops, yes. But some days I just want to bash stuff with some friends, this FP is good for that.

You also forget that not everyone has only 55th level characters. Some do level alts. Many in my guild have a horde of mid level alts. This game still does attract new players, many in my guild are new or people that quit then came back without hitting 55th as well. So not every instance/FP will be ONLY for 55th. To keep a game vital, one was to a degree cater to everyone, not just the end game. Want to kill a game? Cater ONLY to people at end game cap level. Or worse yet, to only hardcore players.

Or the tl;dr: The FP isn't perfect but it's fun, and it won't kill the game. It's far from the worst and I'd make some changes for 55th level characters, but overall it accomplishes what it set out to do. :P

Arvig
02.05.2014 , 07:32 AM | #49
Quote: Originally Posted by CommanderKool View Post
Did this with my guild last night and the whole experience was as flat as a pancake, unfortunately this is a result of F2P with everything being dumbed down to accommodate for a more social player base. Gone are the days where we are going to get challenging end game content.
I kind of already made this point, but the more social/casual player base existed before f2p. I played EQ2 from six months after it launched to 2012, and still log onto it once in a while. It wasn't f2p until I think 2011 or so, and it had a LOT of casual players, along with of course a lot of endgame.

This FP is meant to cater from level 15 to 55. I would make some changes to the level 55 version, but overall it sets out to do what it's meant to do. A FP that characters of most levels can play. Not every update will be ONLY for the endgame. Do I want more endgame content? Sure! But I also do want more low and mid game content as well.

Krewel
02.05.2014 , 07:34 AM | #50
This FP is good for one thing (besides the usual accumulation of achievement points) ... I can finally listen to audio books while doing something brainless. I mean, just sitting in my room and staring at the wall won't do, but a little bit of manual activity coupled with attentive listening does wonders for the brain.

www.audible.com - should be complementary acivity for most of the stuff in this game :P

Thank you for re-kindling my passion for novels.

Hmm, listening to Star Wars novels while playing Star Wars ... now that's just metaphysical.
The prodigal son has returned ... some people are stuck with SWTOR, for better or worse.

Kognition - 55 Scoundrel