Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

DNT Discusses the Roadmap


Amantino's Avatar


Amantino
02.04.2014 , 03:49 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Krewel View Post
If you're playing this game due to raiding ... well, what else can I say at this point, you're doing it so wrong it becomes mathematically ... ok, let's not go there.

If you survived the drought of EC for one year, you'll survive this. Now that the development is split into "ground" game and GSF, it's only expected to see less focus on NiM.
So who are bioware trying to please with this game? It for sure isn't PvP'ers, after how they got f*cked over. If not PvE'ers, then who? I'm starting to believe bioware just wants to give star wars fans a star wars game, instead of giving everyone a good game.
Jennifér - Marauder
<Reckoning>

The Red Eclipse

RikuvonDrake's Avatar


RikuvonDrake
02.04.2014 , 08:22 AM | #12
I normally enjoy making snarky comments regarding math and how it's impossible when you guys are creating threads, however I really liked the video and talks so I won't do it this time, nice work guys and I agree with most of what you say =)
Dread Master - Deposer of The Dread Masters - Conqueror of the Dread Fortress
Not Good Enough | Riku - Rikacha - Rikachu - Rikachi - Rikache - Rikachacha - Rikache
Ruthless | Susannah - Fauna - Wildthorn - Krewel - Montör
Bloodworthy - Tomb of Freedon Nadd

FridgeLM's Avatar


FridgeLM
02.04.2014 , 10:25 AM | #13
Our general consensus in DNT is that the nine week (two month) split between getting the other half of an entire tier is the worst part about the roadmap, because it screws up so many other things. Were 2.7 to have both DF/DP, the content cycle would flow more naturally to maybe having new ops in August - still a ten month delay, but better than the current plan such as it's been revealed to us.

Of course the plan as revealed to us already drops the ball by not having a new ops around March or the beginning of April. This is a pattern they've established since 1.2 when they brought out Explosive Conflict and ever since then they've released a new operation around every six months (actually earlier with level 50 TFB, which was about five months after EC).
<Death and Taxes>

Ceades_End_Game's Avatar


Ceades_End_Game
02.04.2014 , 10:34 AM | #14
Well they didn't add it in the road map, but they probably plan on annoucing it soon, but they are currently working on lvl 60 content, with 2 new planets. Didn't get information on the raids, but i'd assume there will be 1 or 2 launched with it like they did ROTHC. Source wouldn't tell me what 2 planets, told me the devs have mentioned them before and to go looking for it, he had told me enough.

*reliable source*
<Dictator ~ Raid Leader>
Mithril
Dragon Slayer ~ From Beyond ~ Eternal Warrior

FridgeLM's Avatar


FridgeLM
02.04.2014 , 10:50 AM | #15
Yes, the only silver lining is the hint of an expansion. That isn't going to come until after 2.8 though, I would be very surprised if they released a new level cap and didn't call it 3.0.
<Death and Taxes>

NoFishing's Avatar


NoFishing
02.04.2014 , 11:29 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Krewel View Post
If you're playing this game due to raiding ... well, what else can I say at this point, you're doing it so wrong it becomes mathematically ... ok, let's not go there.

If you survived the drought of EC for one year, you'll survive this. Now that the development is split into "ground" game and GSF, it's only expected to see less focus on NiM.
There was no drought. EC was released on 4/12/2012, basically 5 months after launch. TfB came 9/26/2012, less than 6 months later, and was followed by NiM EC in November. April 2013 brought RotHC and S&V, less than 7 months after TfB, and an upgraded TfB. Their nightmare modes followed in June and July of 2013. And we all remember, DF and DP were released in October, 6 months after RotHC and S&V.

So in most cases, the NiM of operations has been released within a few months of the SM/HM release, with the exception of EC which was 7 months later, but we had TfB in the interim. And a brand new operation has appeared every 6 to 8 months.

In the case of DF/DP, they are releasing NiM 6 and 8 months after the HM version, and giving us nothing in the interim. Looking at the roadmap, it certainly appears that GSF remains their focus, to the detriment of all other types of gameplay.

tanerb's Avatar


tanerb
02.04.2014 , 11:35 AM | #17
So you throw F bombs to level 50 healers trying to heal your tank,(which they think is their job) instead of explaining them why they should switch to DPS, very mature dude.

Krewel's Avatar


Krewel
02.04.2014 , 11:42 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Amantino View Post
So who are bioware trying to please with this game? It for sure isn't PvP'ers, after how they got f*cked over. If not PvE'ers, then who? I'm starting to believe bioware just wants to give star wars fans a star wars game, instead of giving everyone a good game.
If Blizzard can't please hardcore raiders, then Bioware certainly can't please anyone ... just sayin' lol

Right now SWTOR is simply too "unfocused", everything is half-cocked, including their new brainchild GSF. Just the fact that they're splitting DF and DP NiM into two separate patches speaks volumes about their capacity (or lack thereof) for multi-tasking.

On top of that, there's also this latest trend of "tactical" flashpoints in which derp reigns supreme and in which tanks and healers are going the way of the dodo. SWTOR seems to be all over the place, trying to focus on so many thing but in the end delivering a mediocre MMO across the board.
The prodigal son has returned ... some people are stuck with SWTOR, for better or worse.

Kognition - 55 Scoundrel

NoFishing's Avatar


NoFishing
02.04.2014 , 12:00 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by FridgeLM View Post
Yes, the only silver lining is the hint of an expansion. That isn't going to come until after 2.8 though, I would be very surprised if they released a new level cap and didn't call it 3.0.
Yeah IMO there is no way 2.8 will be the expansion/level cap increase, simply because it would mess things up for those of you that compete for world/server firsts, assuming that any of you are still around by then. It would be as daft as releasing a new operation at the same time as NiM DP.

The silver lining for me is that, whenever the expansion eventually does arrive, it seems likely to include 2 brand new operations on the scale of TfB/S&V. But honestly, wildstar is going to have to suck badly for me to renew my subscription to this game after it expires in May.

Beslley's Avatar


Beslley
02.04.2014 , 12:07 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Krewel View Post
If Blizzard can't please hardcore raiders, then Bioware certainly can't please anyone ... just sayin' lol

Right now SWTOR is simply too "unfocused", everything is half-cocked, including their new brainchild GSF. Just the fact that they're splitting DF and DP NiM into two separate patches speaks volumes about their capacity (or lack thereof) for multi-tasking.

On top of that, there's also this latest trend of "tactical" flashpoints in which derp reigns supreme and in which tanks and healers are going the way of the dodo. SWTOR seems to be all over the place, trying to focus on so many thing but in the end delivering a mediocre MMO across the board.
SWTOR is a jack of all trades, master of none for sure. We've got "meh" PvP, "meh" raiding, and a "meh" space minigame. The only place it really shines is in the class stories, but considering we're probably not going to get any more than we already have, I'm gonna call that a big "meh", too.

The disappointing part is that SWTOR's PvE has improved significantly over its lifetime, but splitting the tier is just a monumentally bad move. It pleases neither players not good enough to do NiM content (they will be bored because there are no new raids), or players who crave the NiM challenge.

I don't know if they're doing it because they want to artificially gate progression or if it's because they honestly don't have the manpower to release all the bosses at once, but either way it's not a good sign.

Say what you want about WoW, but the fact that it's still got the best raiding game out of the MMO's I've played is impressive, though I won't deny that the game overall feels like it's declined significantly since the "glory days".
<Death and Taxes>
Prophecy of the Five

Beslley - dps sorc | Arenatah - snoipah | Nef'arian - dps op | Alexstraza - slinger
KHEM VAL IS MY COPILOT