Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

The Unseen Presence- The Next Secret Boss?


DarthEndonae's Avatar


DarthEndonae
02.03.2014 , 04:42 PM | #11
I'm gonna try and use the orb on it next week, I couldn't target it when I tried this week. If it doesn't work, maybe could someone try standing there/using the orb who has the Crest of the Dread Master?
Endonae - Sorcerer--Anserium - Assassin--Ticoria - Sage
Felzuun - Mercenary
Ardenia - Juggernaut --Merrus - Marauder
Nalisk - Sniper

TrillOG-'s Avatar


TrillOG-
02.03.2014 , 04:43 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by VoW_LugNut View Post
and your post has the same amount of relevance. This is a speculation thread, not an announcement.
They wouldn't put a NiM tier boss in a SM op.
At least give us a screenshot.
Plus I can't see them making us spawn a boss in a boss fight. They couldn't even get the fight to work properly when it was released, that sounds like bug hell.
There were files mined a while back on what the boss might be, but I can't post them here.

OneShotXV's Avatar


OneShotXV
02.03.2014 , 05:40 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by VoW_LugNut View Post
That's possible, but seems a bit suspicious if this thing is called "unseen presence". The reason I say this is that in the area that dreadful entity is spawned, the message states there is a "chilling presence", the orb that powers up before hateful entity spawns is called the Hateful Presence. There could be a connection here. It would be great if someone could get a screenshot of this. We may have found our 3rd secret boss.

Edit: found an entry for it on torhead: http://www.torhead.com/npc/aWg3VCw/unseen-presence
well even more importantly the thing you hit with an orb to spawn the hateful entity is called the hateful presence too. Seems like too much of a coincidence to just be something random. unless bioware is trolling us

I doubt it'll do anything until Nightmare mode comes out though, at least i really hope not...
<Chosen>
Skyfll - Sniper
Izz - Marauder
Hlo - Sorcerer

VoW_LugNut's Avatar


VoW_LugNut
02.03.2014 , 05:58 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by TrillOG- View Post
They wouldn't put a NiM tier boss in a SM op.
At least give us a screenshot.
Plus I can't see them making us spawn a boss in a boss fight. They couldn't even get the fight to work properly when it was released, that sounds like bug hell.
There were files mined a while back on what the boss might be, but I can't post them here.
Yeah, I remember the 100% burn phase lol...

He did say he found it on the past throne during phases 2 and 3... I'm wondering if it will be designed so that it has to be summoned during the small window of time that is usually taken up with the tank bringing the little datacron to the throne or something... (remember that past has no boss in that room in phase 3) Pure speculation at this point, obviously, but still something to keep my mind busy while we wait for Nightmare DF. I'll keep an eye out for it during that phase tomorrow (we run 16 man HM two-three times a week) and see if I can get a lock on it and a screenshot, if it is in HM as well.
Lugnut - PT Tank
Hatred - The Harbinger
Quote: Originally Posted by BruceMaclean View Post
16-man is also more forgiving to mistakes and should increase the chances of a successful group.

DarthEndonae's Avatar


DarthEndonae
02.03.2014 , 05:59 PM | #15
Each new iteration of the secret boss seems to get harder and harder DPS-wise, so trying to defeat a boss inside of another boss's enrage timer would make it quite challenging, and perhaps too challenging in HM or NiM's enrage. It shows up in the second and third past phases, and in the third, the only thing in there is the crystal, so there wouldn't be anything else trying to hurt us. The other part in regards to its placement in SM is that it really doesn't matter where the boss is placed, as you will need at least the Dreadful Orb to spawn it, likely while wearing the mask, requiring that you need to have beaten the Dreadful Entity at least, if not the Hateful Entity. Both of which are/were quite challenging DPS-wise. On top of that, Hateful isn't super hard to spawn, as you can beat it in HM and then switch the phase to NiM since they share a lockout. And since a lot of the guilds capable of defeating Hateful Entity probably just skipped SM DF/DP, it would make an excellent hiding spot to put it in SM.
Endonae - Sorcerer--Anserium - Assassin--Ticoria - Sage
Felzuun - Mercenary
Ardenia - Juggernaut --Merrus - Marauder
Nalisk - Sniper

Qvasar's Avatar


Qvasar
02.03.2014 , 06:23 PM | #16
The Unseen Presence is just an invisible aggro target for the Calphayus (similar to the Saturation Fire on Explosive Conflict or the Laser Focus on Toborro's Courtyard). It does lack the invisibility part... but it has nothing to do with a secret boss.

To be honest I doubt we'll see any more secret bosses given the resources involved in making one just for a handful of people. Hateful Entity was already a bit "recycled":
  • Dreadful Entity Model (recolored blue), Dread Touch, Awakening, and AoE lighting abilities (with small variations)
  • Tyrans Death Mark
  • Powertech Grapple

VoW_LugNut's Avatar


VoW_LugNut
02.03.2014 , 06:27 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Qvasar View Post
The Unseen Presence is just an invisible aggro target for the Calphayus (similar to the Saturation Fire on Explosive Conflict or the Laser Focus on Toborro's Courtyard). It does lack the invisibility part... but it has nothing to do with a secret boss.

To be honest I doubt we'll see any more secret bosses given the resources involved in making one just for a handful of people. Hateful Entity was already a bit "recycled":
  • Dreadful Entity Model (recolored blue), Dread Touch, Awakening, and AoE lighting abilities (with small variations)
  • Tyrans Death Mark
  • Powertech Grapple
Who knows? This one could be pink and purple and use all of those abilities plus thundering blast, since Bioware seems to have a hard on for that ability in these newest boss fights.
Lugnut - PT Tank
Hatred - The Harbinger
Quote: Originally Posted by BruceMaclean View Post
16-man is also more forgiving to mistakes and should increase the chances of a successful group.

Qvasar's Avatar


Qvasar
02.03.2014 , 06:29 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by VoW_LugNut View Post
Who knows? This one could be pink and purple and use all of those abilities plus thundering blast, since Bioware seems to have a hard on for that ability in these newest boss fights.
I am now expecting a pink and purple secret boss - Joyful Entity maybe?

VoW_LugNut's Avatar


VoW_LugNut
02.03.2014 , 06:30 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Qvasar View Post
I am now expecting a pink and purple secret boss - Joyful Entity maybe?
Wait for it... The FABULOUS ENTITY!
Lugnut - PT Tank
Hatred - The Harbinger
Quote: Originally Posted by BruceMaclean View Post
16-man is also more forgiving to mistakes and should increase the chances of a successful group.

TrillOG-'s Avatar


TrillOG-
02.03.2014 , 06:31 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Qvasar View Post
The Unseen Presence is just an invisible aggro target for the Calphayus (similar to the Saturation Fire on Explosive Conflict or the Laser Focus on Toborro's Courtyard). It does lack the invisibility part... but it has nothing to do with a secret boss.

To be honest I doubt we'll see any more secret bosses given the resources involved in making one just for a handful of people. Hateful Entity was already a bit "recycled":
  • Dreadful Entity Model (recolored blue), Dread Touch, Awakening, and AoE lighting abilities (with small variations)
  • Tyrans Death Mark
  • Powertech Grapple
At least that clears this Unseen thing up.
I hate to say it but you might be right, and there may not be any new "secret" bosses due to the small amount of players who have downed Hateful.
But there was something that came up a little while back, and like I said I can't post it but what I can say is...
Darth Vitus.